Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

atmosphere problems stem from...

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:34 am

the middle of the Ninian Stand.

Let's look at the facts.

At Ninian Park the atmosphere was built up via the centre of the Bob bank. The grandstands and family stands have always be traditonally quieter areas.

The Bob BanK always took the lead with singing and making the atmosphere intimidating. The Grange End always joined in with the Bob Bank's lead. And remember there was years when the Grange End had no City supporters in it at all. The Grange always lookED towards the Bob bank for the lead.

When we moved to CCS you could get your like for like seat. So the people who were on the Bob Bank were able to sit in the Ninian Stand.

What has happened to the average supporter who sits in the Ninian Stand these days? They seem to be in some sort of depression or brooding for the past. There are whole blocks of City supporters who just sit there and sulk. There needs to be some more concerted effort. They seem to sit there in silence moaning blaming steel and concrete for a lack of atmosphere.

take your club back. Stop City being taking away from the people. They can't make 10,000 people sit down. if you can't stand then sing and shout where you're sitting. We need you back.

Re: atmosphere problems stem from...

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:55 am

I'm over there and I've tried drumming up some noise but it's a waste of time, too many old codgers and women,some of them clap other teams goals FFS :twisted: . And I'm an old twunt myself but I do try :old:

We need also to have a Block A style part in the grandstand :ayatollah:
Last edited by Pricey on Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:55 am

You are right the bulk of the noise came from the Bob bank, but only after the Grange End had been shut / condemned - proir to this the Grange End was the hostile place.

When the Ninian park fans were given like for like seats I think the Grandstand season holders had first dibs and many opted for the cheaper Ninian stand on the half way line. So you have ex Grandstand people in the Ninian Stand...and little singing / chanting etc.

Bit of a cock up by the club I think, but they just wanted to flog as many season tickets as they could at the time.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:09 pm

I was in the centre block of the Bob bank and we got like for like seats ............. unfortunately I think too many from the old Grandstand at NP were also offered seats in the new Ninian Stand maybe coz they were cheaper than the new Grandstand at CCS . Too many families sat near us !

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:11 pm

The players need to give the fans a lift as well.
last year was brilliant atmospheres when we played the gypos and the Leicester play off was awesome. It proves we can make the ground intimitating. :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:13 pm

The club got the Ninian Stand wrong, my seat at Ninian Park was perfect, central from left to right and top to bottom, they promised us "Like for like seats". When I got to buy my seat at the CCS all they had block 113 which is no where near as good as the seat I was in at Ninian, felt like I had just been pushed to the side. I was fuming at the time but im getting over it :lol:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:25 pm

i love my seat in the canton not used much as i always stand :ayatollah: :ayatollah: right weirdo to my right though :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:35 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:I was in the centre block of the Bob bank and we got like for like seats ............. unfortunately I think too many from the old Grandstand at NP were also offered seats in the new Ninian Stand maybe coz they were cheaper than the new Grandstand at CCS . Too many families sat near us !

Not sure about the families bit :shock:

I sit in 114 with my two daughters and we sing and clap as much any, the problem is the ex-Grandstand people in the same area. They are miserable, spend from the 1st minute to the 91st minute slagging any player who misplaces a pass (got a mouthful from us in the last game :twisted: :lol: ) and continually moan about standing even when it get's exciting !!

I would suggest giving these ex-grandstand OAPs a reduced price in the new grandstand just to get rid of them.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:02 pm

It also stems from the fact that let's be honest a lot of the home games have been pretty drab affairs on the pitch despite our position in the league. Some games like this weeks were utter garbage. Not going to be much atmosphere in those circumstances even if they had been played at Ninian Park in the past. Team needs to be much more dynamic and attacking in style when at home and then the atmosphere will come.