Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Well said Keogh.........................

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:58 pm

Just listened to his post match interview after PNE game,
Asked about doom & gloom, fans worried ,the wheels have fallen off, bad runs etc.....

comes back with "yeah maybe a bad run, but i won the championship with Wolves and we didnt win in 8 games in a row, so nothing to get concerned about"

That`ll do me......... :ayatollah:

Just a confidence booster and a reality check in terms of how far away we are from the end of what will hopefully be "our" season.

Re: Well said Keogh.........................

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:59 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 258305.stm

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:40 pm

Ive got to be honest, Im not really a fan of Keogh but in fairness hes put the ball in the back of the net in important situations like the Millwall game and an equaliser in the 90th against preston maybe i should slag him off more everytime he comes on because that way he may put the ball in the back of the net maybe im harsh and mayhbe he plays out of his favoured position but like ive said previously perhaps he needs more games and maybe more games with the reserves !! :ayatollah: great comeback tho in what he said !!! :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:42 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:Just listened to his post match interview after PNE game,
Asked about doom & gloom, fans worried ,the wheels have fallen off, bad runs etc.....

comes back with "yeah maybe a bad run, but i won the championship with Wolves and we didnt win in 8 games in a row, so nothing to get concerned about"

That`ll do me......... :ayatollah:

Just a confidence booster and a reality check in terms of how far away we are from the end of what will hopefully be "our" season.

good confidence noises coming out of the squad :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:35 pm

The 8 games wihout a win was when he was in the side hes shit and dont rate him.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:55 pm

I'm sure that 8 match blip was when they'd all but sealed promotion. I apologise if I am wrong, can't remember :oops:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:09 am

im liking this guy more and more

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:06 am

Can't understand why so many don't seem to rate him. Ok, he's not Jay, but the guy never stops running, has scored what could be two vital goals and accepts that his chances will be limited and he will be played out of position but accepts it and gives everything when his chance comes. I wish some of the other "star" players would follow his example.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:26 am

i like keogh,people are writing him off to quickly the guy has proved himself and saved 2 games for us,his work rate is second to none when he gets played,he just needs games and i really hope he proves alot of people wrong because he doesnt show boat he just plays the game. well done keogh :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: hes the guy we need to get behind when jay gets injured or gets himself stupid yellow cards and misses vital games

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:04 pm

I am warming to him.
Given a run he could get better and better.

Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:15 pm

He needs to be played in the right role. He can win balls in the air so up top with Chopra or Bellamy would work well, provided we don't ALWAYS go for the aerial ball and mix it up instead. Remember when we were top of the Championship a few years back and dominating. Most of our goals were scored by one twos past the last line of defence... where has that gone???