Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DAVE JONES AND HIS PERSECUTION COMPLEX

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:47 pm

Blakey, Jason Perry and the likes are PAID to offer their opinions on Cardiff City.
Its part of their job. Same as Linker Lawrenson and Hansen on MOTD. If they
feel the need to criticise, then they must see something is not right, same as
we all do, same as Bellamy admitted about Saturday. Craig knows he's not at
his best and I respect the feller for admitting it.

Dave Jones was either watching a different game Saturday, or is just making a
point of sticking up for the players in public. Commendable in one way, but the
best thing DJ can do for the team, the club and for the fans is have a f*cking
hard look at himself and realise he's FAILING at the moment, sooner than looking
to shift the blame ANYWHERE else.

As an ex footballer himself, surely Jones doesnt think our players go on the pitch and
struggle because they are traumatised by Jason Perry saying "so and so wasnt at
his best last week, he looks to be struggling"... How the f**k are these poor poor
lads supposed to cope if we ever get to the Premiership? What would Jones' reaction
be to Alan Hansen saying "Hudson was abysmal today, shocking, terrible, the noo"

As an ex semi-pro myself... if somebody criticised my performance, committment
or attitude one week... I would bust a gut to prove the bugger wrong next game.

EVERY ONE of our players has that attitude believe me. Nobody falls by accident into
a job playing professional football at this level. They are all driven, determined and
single-minded. At this moment something is not right. Its not one player, its the
whole group. My fear is, if the Manager is part of that problem then things are not
likely to change, because he is not likely to see it himself, or admit he MIGHT be
doing something wrong

Re: DAVE JONES AND HIS PERSECUTION COMPLEX

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:48 pm

taffyapple wrote:Blakey, Jason Perry and the likes are PAID to offer their opinions on Cardiff City.

hard look at himself and realise he's FAILING at the moment, sooner than looking

As an ex footballer himself, surely Jones doesnt think our players go on the pitch and
his best last week, he looks to be struggling"... How the f**k are these poor poor
lads supposed to cope if we ever get to the Premiership? What would Jones' reaction
be to Alan Hansen saying "Hudson was abysmal today, shocking, terrible, the noo"

EVERY ONE of our players has that attitude believe me. Nobody falls by accident into
a job playing professional football at this level. They are all driven, determined and
single-minded. At this moment something is not right. Its not one player, its the
whole group. My fear is, if the Manager is part of that problem then things are not
likely to change, because he is not likely to see it himself, or admit he MIGHT be
doing something wrong

sounds like we 2nd from bottom

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:58 pm

I think the point thats trying to made here is that at the mo in this league CCFC shud be at least 9 points clear at the top and NOT hanging onto 2nd , which to an impartial outsider is a good position to be in , with the unthinkable prospect of the Jacks going 2nd come Fri nite ! Agreed City are not battling relegation and therefore why are the fans moaning about the current league position BUT this is CCFC and as we all know they have a recent habbit of throwing things away from good positions and NOT cementing stronger positions when they are in them .

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:01 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:I think the point thats trying to made here is that at the mo in this league CCFC shud be at least 9 points clear at the top and NOT hanging onto 2nd , which to an impartial outsider is a good position to be in , with the unthinkable prospect of the Jacks going 2nd come Fri nite ! Agreed City are not battling relegation and therefore why are the fans moaning about the current league position BUT this is CCFC and as we all know they have a recent habbit of throwing things away from good positions and NOT cementing stronger positions when they are in them .

its all ifs and buts. we cardiff city are we ever happy ? even if we win we pick at stuff, yes i think the jacks will be 2nd come sat.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:43 pm

taffyapple wrote:Blakey, Jason Perry and the likes are PAID to offer their opinions on Cardiff City.

doing something wrong

Totally agree with you
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28037 :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:51 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:I think the point thats trying to made here is that at the mo in this league CCFC shud be at least 9 points clear at the top and NOT hanging onto 2nd , which to an impartial outsider is a good position to be in , with the unthinkable prospect of the Jacks going 2nd come Fri nite ! Agreed City are not battling relegation and therefore why are the fans moaning about the current league position BUT this is CCFC and as we all know they have a recent habbit of throwing things away from good positions and NOT cementing stronger positions when they are in them .

its all ifs and buts. we cardiff city are we ever happy ? even if we win we pick at stuff, yes i think the jacks will be 2nd come sat.

And this makes you Happy ? We through away the final with Blackpool in my opinion, just like we through it away last season. We have a great squad, yet they are not performing. Nothing to do with being 2nd place, if we were 1st place and we started losing games all over the shop, alarm bells would start ringing.

If we dont do it this year, then in my opinion its all over, I think we will lose our best players and maybe lose VT and crew. I wonder if the new fans will stick around if we ended back in League 1 or even 2, i would. :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:01 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:

doing something wrong

sounds like we 2nd from bottom

your missing the point mate. We have not really played well all season apart from
in fits and starts. He has not found a formation that works, he certainly hasnt
found one that makes the most of our attacking options. Imagine where QPR
would be now with Bellamy, Bothroyd, Chopra and Burke in their side.

His stock answer to criticism is to slag off fans cos they never played, now his new
one is to hint that the ex-players werent all that good themselves. He will NEVER
hold his hands up and say "hang on i might be doing something wrong!"

Even though everyone, including the players, can see things arent quite right

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:29 pm

Taffyapple - its not like you to have a go at DJ. Give it a rest man.Change the record.

We all feel in hindsight some mistakes have been made ( against Swansea especially ) . I am sure DJ realises where he went wrong that day. DJ stood up for the players and the club on Saturday, and tried to calm the mb gossip about internal rifts , but whatever he says he can't win with some people.

He has without doubt been the most successful city manager of the last 40 years based on results and league positions, and deserves some respect for what he has acheived in often difficult circumstances.

I have no doubt he is under more pressure this year than he has ever been 'in this part of the world', so try and give him some support - if you can't do that please try and stop going on and on and on .

Cheers ;)

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:43 pm

diacap wrote:Taffyapple - its not like you to have a go at DJ. Give it a rest man.Change the record.

We all feel in hindsight some mistakes have been made ( against Swansea especially ) . I am sure DJ realises where he went wrong that day. DJ stood up for the players and the club on Saturday, and tried to calm the mb gossip about internal rifts , but whatever he says he can't win with some people.

He has without doubt been the most successful city manager of the last 40 years based on results and league positions, and deserves some respect for what he has acheived in often difficult circumstances.

I have no doubt he is under more pressure this year than he has ever been 'in this part of the world', so try and give him some support - if you can't do that please try and stop going on and on and on .

Cheers ;)

Dave Jones never realises or admitts when he is wrong, he is ignorant and arrogant. When he gives supporters respect then they might give him some respect. Even my missus who knows sweet FA about football and doesnt want to know thinks Jones is a boring tw@t with no personality. His lack of personality and passion is so very often evident in the way City play.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:54 pm

samuelarthurbrains wrote:
diacap wrote:Taffyapple - its not like you to have a go at DJ. Give it a rest man.Change the record.

Cheers ;)

Dave Jones never realises or admitts when he is wrong, he is ignorant and arrogant. When he gives supporters respect then they might give him some respect. Even my missus who knows sweet FA about football and doesnt want to know thinks Jones is a boring tw@t with no personality. His lack of personality and passion is so very often evident in the way City play.

He may well realise it - you don't know that he dosen't ! He seems to have apassion for the job to me - he dosen't have to be jumping up and down on the touchline does he. He could do with some tips on tv interviews I agree, but going on tv straight after a game when he is clearly wound up does not always help. Who would your missus like as manager - Ant & Dec perhaps? - plenty of wit and personality there - I succsseful football team we want, and I think DJ will deliver it !

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:08 pm

Cheers ;)

Ok. I think he's pants.

my next thread will be about "butter or Margarine - whats your fancy?" :D

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:23 pm

I feel really embaressed that I didn't get to play for HONG KONG league select eleven, there goes my right to criticise Dave Jones :(

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Discap
He may well realise it - you don't know that he dosen't ! He seems to have apassion for the job to me - he dosen't have to be jumping up and down on the touchline does he. He could do with some tips on tv interviews I agree, but going on tv straight after a game when he is clearly wound up does not always help. Who would your missus like as manager - Ant & Dec perhaps? - plenty of wit and personality there - I succsseful football team we want, and I think DJ will deliver it !

My Honest Opinion DJ has NO Passion for Cardiff City, AS to Promotion, I Really Hope He Delivers, Actually I have waited 37 years for it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:42 pm

doing something wrong

Another good post...Spot on in my opinion.