Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OK Then everyone !!

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:49 am

Most posters on here are saying "come on" we are 2nd FFS so this is my question. Who believes we wont be second come next weekend ? with the Jacks taking our place in 2nd. :shock: :o :evil:

Re: OK Then everyone !!

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:51 am

Nuclearblue wrote:Most posters on here are saying "come on" we are 2nd FFS so this is my question. Who believes we wont be second come next weekend ? with the Jacks taking our place in 2nd. :shock: :o :evil:

least we not 2nd from bottom.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:56 am

bluebirds23 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Most posters on here are saying "come on" we are 2nd FFS so this is my question. Who believes we wont be second come next weekend ? with the Jacks taking our place in 2nd. :shock: :o :evil:

Agreed, we are not, but recent form suggests we will slip away out of the top six quite soon at this rate. :( :( :(

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:58 am

Uncle Fester wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

Agreed, we are not, but recent form suggests we will slip away out of the top six quite soon at this rate. :( :( :(

every team has it bad run, jacks will have there's qpr will have there's, if we drop to 3 rd so be it, only in December not may

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:02 am

we will be 3rd by xmas. :( :x

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:03 am

least we not 2nd from bottom.[/quote]

Agreed, we are not, but recent form suggests we will slip away out of the top six quite soon at this rate. :( :( :([/quote]

every team has it bad run, jacks will have there's qpr will have there's, if we drop to 3 rd so be it, only in December not may[/quote]

Hope you're right, but I have seen nothing to suggest that as yet. :( :(

placid-casual wrote:we will be 3rd by xmas. :( :x

and thats a bad thing? i would rather be 3rd with half season to go than be 17th or something.

We are not second from bottom no. But why has DJ changed the tactics so dramatically. Why try to fix something that isn't broken. But my questions still stand yes we are still second because we built up a good lead but will you be happy dropping out of the top two and to the Jacks? And remember a few seasons ago we was storming this division right up until Crimbo then just like now we had this big change in form and dropped out of the top 6 altogether. Is this down to DJ or the players or both ? Remember this is a totally different team to that season as well.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:04 am

Nuclearblue wrote:We are not second from bottom no. But why has DJ changed the tactics so dramatically. Why try to fix something that isn't broken. But my questions still stand yes we are still second because we built up a good lead but will you be happy dropping out of the top two and to the Jacks? And remember a few seasons ago we was storming this division right up until Crimbo then just like now we had this big change in form and dropped out of the top 6 altogether. Is this down to DJ or the players or both ? Remember this is a totally different team to that season as well.

i would rather be 3rd with half season to go than 17th, plenty points to play for.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:06 am

bluebirds23 wrote:

and thats a bad thing? i would rather be 3rd with half season to go than be 17th or something.

But will you say the same thing if we are 4th 5th 6th or come on lads we are still in the top half. Respect what you are saying mate i really do you are the glass is half full. I think its half empty. DJs team always fall away like this :cry: :cry:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:07 am

I cant see the Jacks or QPR ever having a bad run this season because they play consistent football and have managers who can tinker with the squad when it suits them , plus the squads they have have enough of an option for them . OK we were unlucky at QPR but it was a mistake which gave us the goal .............. Swansea have a good defence but they also have week links which managers fail to notice ( Tate isnt a left full back ) !

Whats happened to the Cardiff who have hammered Doncaster , Hull and Scunthorpe ? :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:10 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

But will you say the same thing if we are 4th 5th 6th or come on lads we are still in the top half. Respect what you are saying mate i really do you are the glass is half full. I think its half empty. DJs team always fall away like this :cry: :cry:

i respect what you say but you think jacks will spend in jan? they will be least spending out of all the top 6. you got norwich who got millions to spend cov can spend if they want 2 and watford are in talks to bein taken over two, i see where you comeing from, but in jan we never had backing, if we get backing we will be a force, u will hate me to say rest of this forum will hate what i am about to say, jacks are good team they are where they are for a reason but problem for jacks have they got 4 million to spend? no so later in season there squad will be stretched,

keep the faith

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:13 am

Vintage 63 wrote:I cant see the Jacks or QPR ever having a bad run this season because they play consistent football and have managers who can tinker with the squad when it suits them , plus the squads they have have enough of an option for them . OK we were unlucky at QPR but it was a mistake which gave us the goal .............. Swansea have a good defence but they also have week links which managers fail to notice ( Tate isnt a left full back ) !

Whats happened to the Cardiff who have hammered Doncaster , Hull and Scunthorpe ? :ayatollah:

i respect what you say. but i think they both will falter , jacks lost to pompey then won at Ipswich who says they won't lose to millwall ? they inconsistent aswell, this league is hard, but i think we get it back together and play well, i respect all you what you say but hey would of been in bottom two at start of this season.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:16 am

But i dont honestly think we need to spend we just need a decent manager who can get this lot playing together. Swansea don't need to spend just carry on doing what they are doing playing to there strengths. Do we play to our strengths any more? NO we dont DJ has seen to that.I just think as manager he is the most overrated and overpaid around.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:21 am

Nuclearblue wrote:But i dont honestly think we need to spend we just need a decent manager who can get this lot playing together. Swansea don't need to spend just carry on doing what they are doing playing to there strengths. Do we play to our strengths any more? NO we dont DJ has seen to that.I just think as manager he is the most overrated and overpaid around.

i think we do to be honest. if we don't spend in jan then we will not go up or even make play offs, you actually think we got good squad? after injuries on sat made me realize we gonna need new spin to the team. you won't agree because we got two different opinions. whitts is looking lost this season, he was suppose to me in prem this season with sum club. oli is really that strong? a 4 yr old kid could nock him over, defense? my nan could turn quicker than them two. left back i my aswell get on there myself. problem what jones has done he brought in players who he thought would of proved something as they could not get in to there sides ( bar bellamy) have they ? no

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:28 am

bluebirds23 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:But i dont honestly think we need to spend we just need a decent manager who can get this lot playing together. Swansea don't need to spend just carry on doing what they are doing playing to there strengths. Do we play to our strengths any more? NO we dont DJ has seen to that.I just think as manager he is the most overrated and overpaid around.

i think we do to be honest. if we don't spend in jan then we will not go up or even make play offs, you actually think we got good squad? after injuries on sat made me realize we gonna need new spin to the team. you won't agree because we got two different opinions. whitts is looking lost this season, he was suppose to me in prem this season with sum club. oli is really that strong? a 4 yr old kid could nock him over, defense? my nan could turn quicker than them two. left back i my aswell get on there myself. problem what jones has done he brought in players who he thought would of proved something as they could not get in to there sides ( bar bellamy) have they ? no

Exactly a team that Jones built. But to be honest how well do you think Warnock or Holloway would do with our squad ? When playing to our strengths we would be unstoppable and i firmly believe that Chief.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:34 am

2 points arise here:

1. Can we really expect Jones to get in the players needed to keep us in top 2? I mean he failed to strengthen the defence in the summer and if anything it is worse than last season with Kennedy & Gerrard gone. Don't concede a goal and we cannot lose the game - that's 7 games now without a clean sheet. He needs to replace Naylor, Hudson, Gyepes at least.

2. Last November we had a worse run but surprisingly save the xmas fixtures did well in Decemebr with 2 surprising away wins at Boro and WBA. Can we expect the same this time around and into January with 2 games in first 4 days? The new players won't have arrived by then surely, and even if they have they'll need time to bed in. Answer is "no."

Let's look at the fixtures -

Boro away - we cannot always win up there. They are desperate for points and Mowbray will have them fired up. Prediction - 0 points
Burnley home - again we always in reent years seem to beat these at home but they have not (yet) won away from home and sod's law they'll turn us over with Thompson netting the winner probably - 0 points
Coventry home - City cannot win on boxing day. Period. This time though City will at last come through - 3 points.
Watford away - City are better on their travels and Watford will allow them to play - 1 point
Bristol City away - It's Bristol's turn this time, they've improved immeasurably at home and will be anxious to get revenge for last season's humiliation. Stead again to cause us problems - 0 points.
Leeds home - again we cannot expect to keep on winning against Leeds - Leeds will leak goals but we will leak more - 0 points.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:36 am

And you lot say im negative :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:23 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:And you lot say im negative :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahahahaha :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:31 pm

Swansea Town will lose this friday.........Bluebirds to win at Boro 3-1 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:25 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:Swansea Town will lose this friday.........Bluebirds to win at Boro 3-1 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thats the spirit Blazing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:04 am

we havea lot in common with borough

we lack confidence :cry:
we are vunlerably at the back :cry:
the crowd get on our back if we go 1- 0 down :cry:

the difference is we are 2nd from top they are second from bottom :P

borough are there for the taking, forget about the jerks on friday night we will be TOP when we beat Leeds at home on the 4th Jan with new signings to come in :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:10 pm

The Jacks may go above us unless we win saturday which i think we can.
But they are then away twice at Sheff Utd & QPR.
We are home to Cov and Burnley.................we will be 2nd again :ayatollah:

Dont worry!!!!!!

Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:53 pm

Cheer Up
:D :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:02 pm

sack wrote:

Cheer Up
:D :D :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

dont be so sure we are atying 2nd. if boro beat us by 5 or mor goals the gyppos will go above us

Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:27 pm

Lets hope they dont then Chief :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: