Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Big divide with Cardiff fans

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:53 pm

Regarding Dave Jones. It seems that there is a distinct divide in those who feel he's had long enough and should go, and those who feel that this is just a bad patch and he'll get us through.

I'm thinking the second. That said, I think this is his last season - we've got Craig Bellamy along with a very strong front line - We're not going to get this chance again. If we don't go up this season, I'll be part of the Dave Jones Out brigade.

Do you want him out or are happy for him to try and get us up this season?

Re: Big divide with Cardiff fans

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:06 am

Im happy with him as we are 2nd in a tough league where anyone can beat anyone but since everyone is saying we got the best strike force i dont think any player has scored more than 4 (except Jay)

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:23 am

If we we're in the bottom 6 then out but you can't sack someone when your second in the league can't belive how much people are saying it just not right think we're barcalona or something ! :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:42 am

my opinion on DJ hmmmmm :old:

i'll keep it nice and say not inviting him for christmas dinner :lol:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:58 am

he has his good points but if we had a manager who doesnt lose the plot i think we would be top and quite a good few points away from 3rd place..

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:31 am

Dafydd wrote:Regarding Dave Jones. It seems that there is a distinct divide in those who feel he's had long enough and should go, and those who feel that this is just a bad patch and he'll get us through.

I'm thinking the second. That said, I think this is his last season - we've got Craig Bellamy along with a very strong front line - We're not going to get this chance again. If we don't go up this season, I'll be part of the Dave Jones Out brigade.

Do you want him out or are happy for him to try and get us up this season?

Me too bad patch that will come good...........

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:59 am

I think he has to have at least this full season....as much as I don't like him as a person. I'm not one of these fake people that's why I refused to speak with him in spec savers when he thought he was a Beatle pouncing around the shop, just get my team up to the Premier league.....we don't have to like him but he HAS to get us up with this squad.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:36 am

With the players we have at our disposal, we should be top, and by a good margin. And by saying the things he did about the squad we have, if we don't go up, Jones will have shot himself in the foot with those comments. I think, though, that it is just a bad patch and I have every faith in us going up this season.

But, you'd have to think that, if we don't go up and Jones doesn't get the sack, he's in a job where there is no pressure for results

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:59 am

he played down the " we need 5 more players " stuff well dont u think ?

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:06 am

He is arrogant, he doesn't particularly like us supporters or our history. He was very damning on our previous players Clarke, Dwyer, Earnshaw, Stant, Perry, Blake, Kavanagh, Thorne, Dale, the list can go on. But why are we going through this bad patch ? maybe because he has changed his tactics all of a sudden!! But why ? Why change something that wasn't broken in the first place !! but he has broken it now. If my son was at the club would i be happy with knowing DJ was looking after his career? No i wouldn't look how he has treated Ramsey and now Matthews. Its the sort of treatment that can destroy a young players career. Adam Matthews was one of the most promising players we have seen but thanks to DJs bullying he has destroyed him. Anyone can see he isn't a defender christ the lad is to slight but DJ savaged him for it. We can all see he could become a class winger or the like.
Dave Jones treatment of Media Wales is another of his arrogant traits. But i will admit what success he has bought to this club is amazing but when we all look back will he be looked at with fondness like we had for Eddie May ? No we will remember him for being a totally unlikable and arrogant Scouser who thought he was bigger than our club. I did say give him to the end of the season but i wouldn't shed a tear if he left now.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:12 am

Totally agree Steve My take on it is he is a Grumpy Git!

I want Barry Fry! :lol:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:41 am

I'm normally one screaming for DJ to go, but I think as were sitting 2nd in the league he must be doing something right.
Even if he has no plan B and there seems to be alot going on behind the scenes I think we should stick with him until our league position alters. :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:45 am

Pompey wrote:I'm normally one screaming for DJ to go, but I think as were sitting 2nd in the league he must be doing something right.
Even if he has no plan B and there seems to be alot going on behind the scenes I think we should stick with him until our league position alters. :ayatollah:

Next weekend then Chief :lol:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:52 am

I wouldn't say it's a big divide. I would say there's the minority who want him gone now, the other minority who think he should stay until we get promoted and then the majority who feel this is his last season to do it. I am in that majority. Along with Middlesbrough, we have the best squad in the Championship. We're even much better than QPR (I'm sorry but ability-wise the likes of Shaun Derry, Adel Taraabt and Rob Hulse have f**k all on Oli, Bellamy and Bothroyd).

Yes, this season we might improve under Jones again, but look at the individuals we have! I really do think it's season or the door for Jones. I want him to succeed because he's been a quality manager for us in general. Ok, we've fallen at the final hurdle, but he's got us there which is more than most of our managers have done.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:54 am

I think the more we speculate and commentate on this matter it will not only eat at us but people involved with the team.

Its become our, least to say 'unwanted' calling card, and in that I mean dropping an amazing amount of points through the winter and even spring, I think we all need to rally around the lads good or bad, we need this, we need the premiership its been round the corner for TOO long now and if carl's recent reports has come to to the attention of DJ then I hope he gets this, THIS is what he needs to hear, he needs to know that EVERY Bluebird has no beef with him and is not questioning him for the remainder of the 2010/2011 season. He and the players have the freedom of training with no worries and regaining theyre form with NO added pressure, well at least not on our part......

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:23 pm

denton2k6 wrote:Im happy with him as we are 2nd in a tough league where anyone can beat anyone but since everyone is saying we got the best strike force i dont think any player has scored more than 4 (except Jay)

Denton, I feel its the Weakest League for over 10 years, the teams that came down Were Skint/Bankrupt and Depleted.
This Should Def be Our Season, My Opinion, With the Current Squad We have, We Should Be at least 5 pts Clear.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:05 pm

Zabier wrote:I wouldn't say it's a big divide. I would say there's the minority who want him gone now, the other minority who think he should stay until we get promoted and then the majority who feel this is his last season to do it. I am in that majority. Along with Middlesbrough, we have the best squad in the Championship. We're even much better than QPR (I'm sorry but ability-wise the likes of Shaun Derry, Adel Taraabt and Rob Hulse have f**k all on Oli, Bellamy and Bothroyd).

Yes, this season we might improve under Jones again, but look at the individuals we have! I really do think it's season or the door for Jones. I want him to succeed because he's been a quality manager for us in general. Ok, we've fallen at the final hurdle, but he's got us there which is more than most of our managers have done.

Derry, Taraabt and Hulse PISS all over Oli, Bellamy and Bothroyd at the moment mate

WHY?

Because they are all cogs in a wheel, they all do their jobs and they all work together under
a tried and tested system for a confident assured manager.

As you posted, our side has some great individuals

Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:32 pm

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:If we we're in the bottom 6 then out but you can't sack someone when your second in the league can't belive how much people are saying it just not right think we're barcalona or something ! :ayatollah:

This. It's simple really - if we keep up our form FROM THIS SEASON AS A WHOLE then we are PREMIER LEAGUE.

That is a fact.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:41 pm

Denton, I feel its the Weakest League for over 10 years, the teams that came down Were Skint/Bankrupt and Depleted.
This Should Def be Our Season, My Opinion, With the Current Squad We have, We Should Be at least 5 pts Clear.[/quote]

No it's not loads good team's in this league with better back four and at start season was all doom and gloom so back then i'd of took 2nd place..

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:53 pm

Just got to look at the 3 potential teams coming down this season to know how important it is for the team to take the oppurtunity THIS season. That's a major part to why fans are worried. And of course, November blips were acceptable last season, but DJ said in August that the teams good enough to get promoted - I'd say that loses the excuse of having monthly blips.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:19 pm

I just don't think its worth changing the manager now - the Malaysians will have their own man in next season if we don't go up (and possibly if we DO go up)

Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:00 am

i'm all for a sensible debate and as much as people might loathe DJ i agree with an earlier post stating with our squad before season we'd have taken mid table, the addition iof the loan -players ie, bellamy (very dissapointing in my opinion, not running at defenders making poor desicions and not appearing to fire the lads up when they need him most ie swansea game biggest game of his life and the captain was silent and had an embarrassing game) olly(started well been all over the -place last 6 games) koumas( one word terrible) keogh( if he wasn;t told to immitate JAY might score more) drinkwater( when fit has been good)these loanees havent really helped the squad in my opinion we are -playing poorly every game but we are still 2nd and when it clicks again which it will we will rip teams apart .on paper we should go up yes but we should all be realistic these loanees have been poor but imagine if macca and rae were our centre pair? or we had started the season with just chops and jay no backups where would we be??
DJ is right we need 3-5 players why you might ask?? proper back up to bothroyd is essential, 2 centre halfs IMO a playmaker in midfield( got koumas for this but hes been shockin DJ knows this) thast 4 we defo need to keep competition fo0r places stronger and options high for DJ
WE ARE 2ND for gods sake and playing poorly a win is what we need to get us goin again have faith in the team and manager so you might not like him big deal the TOON fans adored hughton look where that got him!!!! AND them i hope they get relegated again cos mike ashley is a prick!!