Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: I WOULD LIKE YOUR OPINIONS

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:05 pm

I Think he said somthing about the Messageboards, Mabee its a reaction to us asking if they read it?

Keep the updates comming carl :ayatollah:

Keep US THE FANS up to date :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:06 pm

Carl,

It's very simple to answer this one. Clearly you only write and update what you are informed, as you say you are only a Supporter and in reality a " customer " of the football club.

You have the full free right to discuss, debate and update so what you wish on this Forum, we live in a Free Country and not somewhere like China.

The FULL FAULT can only lay at one persons door and that is GETHIN JENKINS the Chief Executive of the Football Club as it clearly shows he is not in control of the Employee's under his role who through which ever source have to leak the truth's in the first place that end up updated on this Forum. It's my understanding too that all staff have been briefed not to talk to you and Annis.

Jones is clearly rattled that everything comes out into the Public Domain and as Manager I can understand that, but he should be looking at the person who is at fault and not controlling the staff within at Cardiff City Football Club rather than lambasting in Public interviews.

JENKINS doesn't have control and he should have at the end of the day.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:12 pm

Daya wrote:Carl,

It's very simple to answer this one. Clearly you only write and update what you are informed, as you say you are only a Supporter and in reality a " customer " of the football club.

You have the full free right to discuss, debate and update so what you wish on this Forum, we live in a Free Country and not somewhere like China.

The FULL FAULT can only lay at one persons door and that is GETHIN JENKINS the Chief Executive of the Football Club as it clearly shows he is not in control of the Employee's under his role who through which ever source have to leak the truth's in the first place that end up updated on this Forum. It's my understanding too that all staff have been briefed not to talk to you and Annis.

Jones is clearly rattled that everything comes out into the Public Domain and as Manager I can understand that, but he should be looking at the person who is at fault and not controlling the staff within at Cardiff City Football Club rather than lambasting in Public interviews.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27717&p=260548&hilit=daya#p260548

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27677&hilit=daya#p259879

What's Gethin done to upset you?

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:14 pm

i think carl needs to go and sit on the naughty step....... and write your next update from there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:15 pm

I do agree Jenkins has got loads of staff always wanting to tell whats going on, I get 15-20 texts a week,are his staff not loyal to him ? I ignore half the texts.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:24 pm

Your updates were good in the beginning.
But now I sometimes think you feel obliged to post them each week.
Some of the recent updates have been weak.
No mention of the Langston/VT meetings.
Some of the younger players will be affected by the criticism we give.
The older players probably couldn’t a toss.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:25 pm

The Club has more leakes than a tap from Leekes second hand Bathroom department.

Gethin Jenkins clearly is not in control of his position of the running the business on a day to day basis allowing what should remain internally to be leaked to every tom , dick and Carl Curtis.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:28 pm

sleepwalker wrote:Your updates were good in the beginning.

We are right up to date on Langston and VT, We also thought everyone was Fed up of hearing about Langston.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:30 pm

Back of the Net wrote:

http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... ya#p260548

http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... ya#p259879

Being unprofessional is enough.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:38 pm

I have always enjoyed reading your threads Carl !! The only sniping I have seen is in DJ's latest comments and the other message board. Were a great bunch on here and Looking at the responses nearly everyone is in unison regarding your updates. Not so long ago DJ was wishing the press a shit journey home lol keep it up :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:39 pm

Keep them coming Carl. Just make sure you don't get caught out by being fed "disinformation" by the club - it is a multi-million pound business at the end of the day and will lie straight to you if they think it is in their best interest. (this doesn't just apply to Peter Ridsdale).

I believe you have the common sense to keep things to yourself which may jeopardise eg a transfer deal , although I'm not sure whether giving out team selections in advance is a good idea.

When's the next update? :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:40 pm

Carl, you do an amazing Job mate, and if Davey boy is trying to deflect some of the flak that he should be getting in your direction then that speaks volumes! :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:41 pm

I think that the updates are great and very informative. I do think that this forum should be members only or at least the 'updates' accessible through a members only section to prevent sensitive info being too readily available on the public domain. On the other hand though its difficult to stop people repeating content posted on this message board over on CCMB and other CCFC forums.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:42 pm

Daya wrote:
Back of the Net wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27717&p=260548&hilit=daya#p260548

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27677&hilit=daya#p259879

Unprofessional in his dealings with you, or in general? You seem to take his "unprofessionalism" Personally

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:45 pm

Carl, in my opinion you are doing no wrong, you get info about the goings on at the club and just pass it on to us fans, which you dont have to do but feel obliged to.

Keep them coming and dont listen to any negative comments. :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
sleepwalker wrote:Your updates were good in the beginning.

We are right up to date on Langston and VT, We also thought everyone was Fed up of hearing about Langston.

Annis ,we loved to hear a update that the langston/VT thing is sorted.
I also reckon any players who DJ thinks are trouble makers will be out of the door in january.
also if we fall away don't be surprised to see Burkie,Chops and Jay shown the door while they still have some value.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:52 pm

Keep the updates coming Carl.

Perhaps the club should keep supporters better informed.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:55 pm

Daya wrote:The Club has more leakes than a tap from Leekes second hand Bathroom department.

Gethin Jenkins clearly is not in control of his position of the running the business on a day to day basis allowing what should remain internally to be leaked to every tom , dick and Carl Curtis.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:56 pm

Back Of The Net Wrote.

Unprofessional in his dealings with you, or in general? You seem to take his "unprofessionalism" Personally

Back of the Net

Back of the Net,

Anything that is/if is personal will remain personal and not be discussed on a public forum, especially with somebody simply called " Back Of The Net" as an Alias and can't even add to his profile . If you wish to discuss further you are of course free to email myself at anytime with your details and your reason of interest.

As for what's been discussed tonight on this public forum is in the top of the thread written by Carl Curtis. It's very clear that the internal/personal affairs of the Club are leaked from within to the Public and end up on certain websites related to the Club run by Supporters. Now it should be the role of the Chief Executive to control and prevent this, clearly what is not taking place obviously. Mr Gethin Jenkins is currently the Chief Executive of The Club that has all the leaks from within that are clearly not under control.

Is that easy enough for you to understand?

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:59 pm

Daya wrote:
Back of the Net wrote:

http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... ya#p260548

http://cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic ... ya#p259879

:lol:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:04 pm

Carl, you are the only source of city news worth listening to, you are doing the fans a service of which we should be v grateful. Keep up the good work

Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:25 pm

Connacht Bluebird wrote:Carl, you are the only source of city news worth listening to, you are doing the fans a service of which we should be v grateful. Keep up the good work

Welcome to the nuthouse! :ayatollah: :D

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:14 am

CARL, the fact that you posed the question at all shows ye dedication to the team. END OF.

Jones has lost it and the chip on his shoulder has grown as big as the blorenge

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:14 am

dave jones outburst was 100% not about this forum but aimed at the likes of nathan blake jason perry etc and thats from jones himself saturday night.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:27 am

shadwellblue wrote:I wouldn't worry about it. As you say its the equivalent of being the bloke in the know down the pub, but with a bigger audience. It's a fans MB and if you don't want to see what's being said don't read it. Opinions on MB's are often extreme reactions in any event, up or down.

I think he's referring more to the press and ex-player media commentators to be honest and it's a sign of the pressure he's feeling in my view as he reacts worst to criticism when he is feeling the heat.

I got the feeling he has been listening to Jason Perry and Gilo with his comments, he kept saying they must have been fantastic players but I have never heard of them :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keep them coming mate as far as I am concerned...........

Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:29 am

DJ mentioned people trying to de-stabelize the club and also had a pop at ex-players or an ex-player and Im guessing it was JP for coming on here and speaking his mind and giving us his opinions ? Also the way that DJ spoke sounded like a bit of spin from Jenkins coz Im sure the words " de-stabelizing the club " has been mentioned before !

Who's de-stabelizing then DJ ? I pay £400 a yr and am entitled to my opinion plus the day I saw my 1st ever City game he was playing in Everton's resefrve team ................ do I want CCFC to go up then yes I do , Im a glad to hear Carl's updates then too right I am coz otherwise how the hell will I ever now what goes on within the walls of the team I support .

Keep them coming Carl and say whatever you want ...... its a free country and an open Forum :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:48 am

I'll be honest and I think the only thing that might even have a slight ability to harm the team's progress is the team sheet release... but even then it's always pretty obvious who Jones is going to play and everyone knows what strategy we will play anyway (long balls to Bothroyd!).

To be honest Carl, I think Jones was covering a few angles by not being specific. It seems like he might be putting his pieces into position for the grand excuse if it all goes tits up so no matter what happens he will have a fall guy.

I, and my parents, have always said Jones's weakness is that he is the most stubborn person in the world. If he gets it right he is fairly modest (fair play to him) but if he gets it wrong, it is never his fault.

On thousands of pounds a week I think if our players are being affected by what some lads on a fan site message board are saying then they're an embarrassment. Personally, I don't think that is the case. I think it's a minority e.g. Koumas, Whittingham etc who seem quite fragile individuals and might be emotionally or morally affected by what they read on her, if they come on. Like I said though, on the money they earn they should be able to handle it.

The 'doomsayers' as Jones has called them previously have not been the reason for our bad run. Decisions like replacing Drinkwater with Koumas, being too one dimensional with tactics and not having the right man management to get the best of players like Chopra and Bellamy are the reason. I really want Jones to take us up because I think, on the whole, he's been a massive positive for this club. If you remember where we were when he took over, we were a shit heap... and that was 100 times better than what state we were in 10 years prior! I want him to succeed but if he is to succeed he needs to open his eyes to the real problems and start trying to fix them. 4-4-2 long ball to Bothroyd won't get us promoted. We need something else and we need it quickly.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:56 am

You have to put this latest outburst from DJ into the same box as the buffoon tirade as this type of nonsense is typical of DJ when he is under pressure.

All this talk about people trying to destabilise the club is about as valid as the USA keeping Aliens under the Nevada desert for the last 60 years, or the moon landings never happening and being filmed in a movie studio. At the end of the day DJ himself confirmed on Friday in an interview with the BBC that there were arguments within all football clubs, and yes he had disagreements with players as players disagree with players. Was he trying to destabalise the club :?:

The real issue here is that the team are going through a difficult period and whilst we all understand that the best teams have periods of poor form, Chelsea being an example, DJ rather than acknowledging this as Carlo Ancelloti did at the weekend DJ now wants us to believe that there is a group who want to bring the club down. Something similar to the Illuminati plotting the bring down the catholic church in a Dan Brown novel.

The truth is that our team is going through a bad patch, but as Carlo Ancelloti says of Chelsea it is going on to long and must be corrected. DJ himself never stops talking about automatic promotion being the target this season, this current form will put that target at risk if it is not corrected and as he has, in his words "the best squad he has had in his tme at the club", he had better start concentrating on correcting this poor form. In other words concentrate on his job and stop these infantile outbursts against anyone who dare question his or his teams performance.

Carl is among DJ biggest supporters on this messageboard and in my opinion what he does write is unbiased with no hidden agenda. I hope you let this nonsense just wash off you carl and continue to provide the interesting, informative and above all else accurate updates on a regular basis. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:10 am

Castleblue, if I could 'like' a post (like on Facebook) then I would definitely have 'liked' your post. :D

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:18 am

Carl, I think you should keep doing the updates. I find them very informative. I know a lot of people enjoy reading them.

As mentioned by a previous poster, perhaps you don't need to mention things like "Koumas possibly having a breakdown".

I personally am interested in hearing about the Langston Debt and the investment by VT/TG. Anything that goes on in the dressing room should be treated like a "Stag do" (What goes on tour stays on tour") - But that's my personal opinion.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to the next update

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: