Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I WOULD LIKE YOUR OPINIONS

Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:48 pm

On the updates I write for the forum. Do they damage the club or the team. Is there anything in particular that I have written that could have had a detrimental effect on the team or it's performance.

I note that some people are suggesting that during his interview with the BBC that DJ was talking about myself. Personally I have never considered myself important enough to be talked about in an interview by a City manager.

I do not see how what I write could help Swansea, Nottingham Forest, QPR or Preston gain an advantage over our team.

I hear that Dave was specifically talking about him having an argument with other players but I am not sure I have ever said that there is a problem in the camp, just that there was a row between DJ and Bellamy after QPR and it was Warnock who heard it. Each and every football club has rows within it between the manager and players. I have not made it any bigger than it already was. If anything I feel that Dave himself has blown it up now with this interview.

As everyone who follows my posts will know that I am a fan of DJ and believe that he is the manager to take us up so my updates have never had an ' agenda ' about them, they are simply one fan telling other fans about what he has heard. I only give my opinion and I thought that was the very essence of a message board.

In the old days it would have been down the boozer telling your mates then you get the classic Chinese whispers, then as time and technology moved on it would have been sent as a text but the story is still doing the rounds regardless, it will never be stopped.

Now we have the World Wide Web and the stories are instant and accessible and stay as they were said and not turned into something else.

Maybe my connections with staff and players and other prominent figures give my updates credence but it weren't so long ago that I was getting slated for talking 'shit'. Has everyone forgotten ' Ridsdale has resigned 100% ' :lol:

I told you all about the transfers before they happened, many of them months before, I told of the Malaysians and when they would takeover ( April ), there have been many many subjects but none have ever been to cause damage to any one person or the club as a whole.

If it is not me then it will be someone else and don't forget I am not the only person to be told the things I write about and another very important point would be, I don't work for the club so I am not disclosing information and being disloyal.

Re: I WOULD LIKE YOUR OPINIONS

Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:51 pm

i wouldnt worry about what Dave Jones thinks to be honest. Id give him 10p for his thoughts and want 11p back.

the guy should look at himself and what he can do to improbe things at cardiff city, indtead of picking fights and shifting the blame onto media and other sources.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:54 pm

Keep them going Carl, haven't seen anything in your updates that should upset any player or the manager?

Just great information relevant to City.

I find them informative and not in the least negative.

Perhaps the posts should be members only going forward?

Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:57 pm

I think you should leave out the team sheet.

Why did you release the QPR one and not the Jacks?

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:00 pm

carry on carl, your posts are spot on,theres no harm in what you are posting, just keeping us fans informed, :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:02 pm

carl,maybe D.J may think that anything he says to his team will probably get out,so i can appreciate he does not know who he can and cannot trust,that may feel to him that he is being undermined,but i personally think that you have never posted anything determental to the management,team or back room staff,keep it up carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:02 pm

keep them coming no harm ever caused realy interesting :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:06 pm

I wouldn't worry about it. As you say its the equivalent of being the bloke in the know down the pub, but with a bigger audience. It's a fans MB and if you don't want to see what's being said don't read it. Opinions on MB's are often extreme reactions in any event, up or down.

I think he's referring more to the press and ex-player media commentators to be honest and it's a sign of the pressure he's feeling in my view as he reacts worst to criticism when he is feeling the heat.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:07 pm

This is going to be one of those topics that just runs and runs!

Assuming what you are being told by your sources is true ( and it would appear from the usual accuracy of those posts that it is true), how can you be accused of destabilising the club?

One of the things which I like about the posts is that there is very little "comment" or "opinion" contained in them. They are normally just a presentation of the things that you have heard from which we can draw our own conclusions.

Personally I feel this is just another excuse for Jones to use to deflect attention away from his own ineptitude. He can no longer use the old excuses of no training ground, old stadium, not my players, etc and is now looking to deflect increasing criticism of his management abilities by looking for someone or something else to blame.

If a business such as Cardiff City Football club can be destabilised by a fans messageboard then there are deep rooted problems at the club.

Keep on posting Carl. If there's nothing going on amiss behind the scenes there'll be nothing for you to report.

Keep up the good work.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:07 pm

We as fans deserve to know these kind of things, and I, like everyone else is grateful for it. However I see nothing that could be detrimental - firstly, fans talk. It is something that players and management should gladly put up with, considering their wages. Secondly, with regards bellamy and jones - deep down most us knew there'd be some kind of friction going on. Just confirming what most would guess.

I'd say keep the updates, they're excellent and informative :ayatollah:

(Nice meeting you yesterday Carl)

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:09 pm

carlccfc wrote:On the updates I write for the forum. Do they damage the club or the team. Is there anything in particular that I have written that could have had a detrimental effect on the team or it's performance.

I note that some people are suggesting that during his interview with the BBC that DJ was talking about myself. Personally I have never considered myself important enough to be talked about in an interview by a City manager.

I do not see how what I write could help Swansea, Nottingham Forest, QPR or Preston gain an advantage over our team.

I hear that Dave was specifically talking about him having an argument with other players but I am not sure I have ever said that there is a problem in the camp, just that there was a row between DJ and Bellamy after QPR and it was Warnock who heard it. Each and every football club has rows within it between the manager and players. I have not made it any bigger than it already was. If anything I feel that Dave himself has blown it up now with this interview.

As everyone who follows my posts will know that I am a fan of DJ and believe that he is the manager to take us up so my updates have never had an ' agenda ' about them, they are simply one fan telling other fans about what he has heard. I only give my opinion and I thought that was the very essence of a message board.

In the old days it would have been down the boozer telling your mates then you get the classic Chinese whispers, then as time and technology moved on it would have been sent as a text but the story is still doing the rounds regardless, it will never be stopped.

Now we have the World Wide Web and the stories are instant and accessible and stay as they were said and not turned into something else.

Maybe my connections with staff and players and other prominent figures give my updates credence but it weren't so long ago that I was getting slated for talking 'shit'. Has everyone forgotten ' Ridsdale has resigned 100% ' :lol:

I told you all about the transfers before they happened, many of them months before, I told of the Malaysians and when they would takeover ( April ), there have been many many subjects but none have ever been to cause damage to any one person or the club as a whole.

If it is not me then it will be someone else and don't forget I am not the only person to be told the things I write about and another very important point would be, I don't work for the club so I am not disclosing information and being disloyal.

THE CLUB NEEDS TO GET A GRIP - SOME BACK BONE REQUIRED viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27903

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:14 pm

nowt wrong with your updates so far Carl. If there is some form of conflict in the camp best to get it out in the open sort it and get back on track and lets try and win some games. However, Annis suggested in an earlier thread that your next update would contain information regarding Jason Koumas and an alleged breakdown. Just my personal point of view, I would not like to hear things of a personal nature such as this, leave the lad alone to get over whatever problems he may have.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:14 pm

Keep up the good work Carl 99% of the members of this forum appreciate your info and look forward to reading your updates, the pressure of having such a talented but under achieving squad is obviously getting to dj he can't tell a supporter from a critic he's paranoid

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:23 pm

I dont think DJ was referring to this forum. If he was then we must be bigger than what we think we are. Lets be honest we are a fraction of the fan base so I would expect our input to the whole set up of Cardiff City football club is tiny if that.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:24 pm

Carl,

We all appreciate your updates.

Just my opinion though, the team sheets are going too far & I do wonder if the info your are given/obtain is selective from a Sam viewpoint.

As I said just my opinion :D

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Whilst I enjoy reading your updates I accept it is only for gossip/information, they obviously serve no useful purpose to the club as they only help satisfy supporters thirst for information. In fact, while the sources remain anonymous, and people within the club work under increasing pressure, it can only foster increased suspicions between supposed colleagues/teammates at the club. It stands to reason they undermine club morale.

Dave Jones could help himself and the club by reopening dialogue with the local media.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:25 pm

Carl, I've listened to the interview and Dave could have been talking about a number of things/people, including Mr Warnock himself....so I'd take NO notice of that ;)

As for your 'posts', they are the highlight of my week and keep me more informed about the club I love than anyone or anything I have come across before....and I love it when you provide WM&E with their 'exclusives' :lol:

You keep 'em coming, mate. To me, and I would say if I thought it was otherwise, your information is genuine, well-informed and almost exclusively in the interest of the supporters of Cardiff City Football Club....

My ONLY request would be to be a littel 'selective' with regard to Jason Koumas. If, as I suspect, he is going through a crisis of confidence, then simple updates on is footballing readiness will suffice

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK, CARL....YOUR FOOTBALL CLUB'S SUPPORTERS (and sometimes the club itself) NEED YOU!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:30 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:We as fans deserve to know these kind of things, and I, like everyone else is grateful for it. However I see nothing that could be detrimental - firstly, fans talk. It is something that players and management should gladly put up with, considering their wages. Secondly, with regards bellamy and jones - deep down most us knew there'd be some kind of friction going on. Just confirming what most would guess.

Do we? Really? Why?

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:32 pm

Carl, keep doing what you're doing. What you tell us is what the players and Dave Jones knows is going on anyway, so how is that damaging the club? Damaging the club would be posting a false negative rumour, but 99% of what you post is correct. Once again, Dave Jones is shifting the blame to others for poor performances. It's the players decision to read messageboards anyway and if players are underperforming and still decide to read messageboards at the risk of reading fans slagging them off, then that's their decision.

Our players and management are not idiots and they should all have the character to bounce back from criticism if they decide to read on forums. Furthermore, any incidents that you get told about Carl, should drive the team together further. If there's unrest within the camp, it's up to the players and management to sort it. If they don't have the character to sort things and get through tough situations, then they aren't tough enough characters to play for Cardiff City.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:33 pm

keep them up carl boi. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:33 pm

Jones is running out of scapegoats. Before long he'll be blaming the mascots.

Publish and be damned! As long as it's not malicious it's OK

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:37 pm

SteW wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:We as fans deserve to know these kind of things, and I, like everyone else is grateful for it. However I see nothing that could be detrimental - firstly, fans talk. It is something that players and management should gladly put up with, considering their wages. Secondly, with regards bellamy and jones - deep down most us knew there'd be some kind of friction going on. Just confirming what most would guess.

Do we? Really? Why?

For all the reasons that people have already listed in this thread. As people have said, it's laughable that anyone could accuse the information that Carl provides us with as detrimental to the team. If it doesn't harm the team, then I don't see whats wrong with us knowing.

I would even go as far as saying that knowing Koumas has personal problems is a good thing for us, in that we can be more patient with him and help encoruage him to be the player that he can be.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:42 pm

Carl, Your updates, MUST have cost us the Cup Final Result Pompey, The Play off Final Blackpool, Loosing to Preston 6nil, Ipswich 3 Nil at home, letting Peterborough come back to 4-4, In the last 5 years Not gaining promotion, Only Winning 9 games out of 111 games when going 1 Nil down. Stopping DJ having a plan B, Falling out with player after player.

I forgot, You NEVER DID AN UPDATE IN THEM DAYS lol

DJ use to Blame The Media, The only Manager in the Country to put a Total Block on The Countries Media, Because they Disagreed with him. When Things dont go right for DJ he has to point the Finger at Someone, EXCEPT HIMSELF.
Your to Blame Carl for DJ Changing his tactics for the Jack game.Carl you got it wrong I am Sacking you.

For 15 years other fans have put out info on other mb's/forums, I CANT REM ANY OTHER MANAGER COMPLAINING ABOUT THEM BEFORE ?

DJ Will Never Be honest with US or Himself if he gets it wrong, HE ALWAYS LIKES BLAMING OTHER PEOPLE.
IF WE GET PROMOTION THIS SEASON, WILL IT BE YOUR FAULT Carl ?

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:48 pm

DJ's just looking for someone else to blame.
We all love your updates on here and we all look forward to them...so keep them going haha!
:ayatollah:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:54 pm

I can certainly understand how revealing that DJ and CB had a row after the QPR game can be seen from within as having a destabalising effect on the Club, especially if there isn't any disharmony within the group. For example if I was in charge of a team of people who I knew were very tight-knit and together, with an excellent team spirit then I would be outraged if someone from outside of that group said publicly that two of the most important members of the team had a row in front of the rest of the team if in fact that had not been the case. Such information could prove very damaging. Did Carl hear the row himself...I don't think so. So it's not Carl who is deliberately destabalising the Club but the person who gave him the information if we are to believe DJ's version.

I suppose the thing here is that Carl has to be 100% sure that the information is correct and even if he is he has to make a judgement that the information isn't used just to reinforce his reputation as having good connections at the cost of having a negative effect on the Club we all love. At the end of the day it's a free country and as long as it is true we are all entitled to say exactly what we like.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:55 pm

In fairness Annis he still does a lot of interviews with the BBCWales, ive never had time for media wales and certainly dont blame him for not speaking to them, they are a joke, even you know they get there info from here anyway.

Personally I dont think he was on about this forum, if he was then that is interesting but I dont see a problem with whats being posted. If he does have a problem with it then he needs to look at his staff and who he is saying things to

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:57 pm

Carl DJ is hitting out at anybody he needs to look closer to home for the reason the team hasn't got results over the last month, all i ever see on your posts are you sticking up for him, the manager has to take full responsibility for what is going on with team. So PLEASE keep posting :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:57 pm

Carl,

Just because DJ has fallen out with the local media and has gagged all local news coming out of the club then it is obvious that the sources within the club would leak it elsewhere. Everyone on here knows that your information is accurate and reliable, therefore if it's true DJ can have no one to blame but himself in my opinion. Harm can come from the spreading of untruths and that would have an adverse effect, but that is not relevant to your posts.

In my opinion this is just another DJ technique to deflect criticism away from himself because as we all know in his eyes he has done no wrong or have any weaknesses.

Keep the posts coming Carl because as far as I am aware we are not a dictator state ( yet )

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:01 pm

First DJ blames the younger players, then he blames the fans for urging the team to attack, then he blames Carl for unsettling the team. At what point does this man blame himself. How about our final season at Ninian Park and what happened at the end of the season was that Carl's fault or was it us the fans fault ? He has got to look at his man management skills and his tactics. Carl it is a sign of a desperate man when he blames you and you are a DJ supporter. :o :o

Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:02 pm

We live in the UK and, when I last checked it was a freedom of speech country?

Keep em coming Carl. Jones hates any sort of written word, either on here, or in newsprint.

If he truly believes that this site is damaging his position (which is what it boils down to) he shouldn't be in the job. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: