Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

David 'You Know' Beckham

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:23 pm

What a fine ambassador he is for that foreign land England.......he cannot even talk properly!! ........keeps saying 'you know' which is very annoying as well as saying everythinK and somethinK........thick as 2 short planks!!
Great role model to the foreign english offspring he is!! :roll:

Re: David 'You Know' Beckham

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:24 pm

Think the Russians like him though

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:30 pm

I don't see what's wrong with David Beckham. Yeah, he earns an incredible amount of money, but he has worked hard at developing the talent he has, he's an effective player, he takes a great free-kick and corner, he does an immense amount of work for charity and he seems a likeable, approachable guy. He lives a fantastic life, too, and I wish I had his lifestyle. OK, his wife has absolutely zero sex-appeal or singing talent and is intensely irritating, but you can't have everything.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:32 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I don't see what's wrong with David Beckham. Yeah, he earns an incredible amount of money, but he has worked hard at developing the talent he has, he's an effective player, he takes a great free-kick and corner, he does an immense amount of work for charity and he seems a likeable, approachable guy. He lives a fantastic life, too, and I wish I had his lifestyle. OK, his wife has absolutely zero sex-appeal or singing talent and is intensely irritating, but you can't have everything.

Fair points but he's still a Prize English C@ck with a very low IQ

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:35 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:I don't see what's wrong with David Beckham. Yeah, he earns an incredible amount of money, but he has worked hard at developing the talent he has, he's an effective player, he takes a great free-kick and corner, he does an immense amount of work for charity and he seems a likeable, approachable guy. He lives a fantastic life, too, and I wish I had his lifestyle. OK, his wife has absolutely zero sex-appeal or singing talent and is intensely irritating, but you can't have everything.

Fair points but he's still a Prize English C@ck with a very low IQ

As he's driving his Lamborghini through the sun-kissed hills of LA or down Rodeo Drive or relaxing on a beach, I don't suppose he's particularly bothered how high or low his IQ is

Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:17 pm

good post. hes one of the feww 'english' footballers i actually like :lol:
his auobiography is one of the few books i have read, and its quality. (was gonna say only book, but annis would be upset) :D

Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:56 pm

becks is the nuts, probably the best ambassador of football in the world :shock:

Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:58 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:What a fine ambassador he is for that foreign land England.......he cannot even talk properly!! ........keeps saying 'you know' which is very annoying as well as saying everythinK and somethinK........thick as 2 short planks!!

cock of a man. how can the english media compare him with the worlds greats? all he did for england was score an equilizer against greece to qualify but never performed at tournements.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:26 pm

murphy wrote:cock of a man. how can the english media compare him with the worlds greats? all he did for england was score an equilizer against greece to qualify but never performed at tournements.

If the media compare him with the worlds greats, how does that make him a cock of a man? My brother does the close protection security work for him when he comes back to the UK, and said he's down to earth and not as the media portray him (With all the scandals and shit).

Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:09 pm

I really doubt you'd be able to stand up and deliver the same pitch he did yesterday in front of near a billion people.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:14 pm

murphy wrote:
Blazing Saddles wrote:What a fine ambassador he is for that foreign land England.......he cannot even talk properly!! ........keeps saying 'you know' which is very annoying as well as saying everythinK and somethinK........thick as 2 short planks!!

cock of a man. how can the english media compare him with the worlds greats? all he did for england was score an equilizer against greece to qualify but never performed at tournements.

He has 644 club appearances and near 200 goals.
On top of that he has 115 international caps for England with 17 goals to match that.
Here are some of his honours:

Manchester United

* Premier League (6): 1995–96, 1996–97, 1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2002–03
* FA Cup (2): 1995–96, 1998–99
* UEFA Champions League (1): 1998–99
* Intercontinental Cup (1): 1999
* FA Community Shield (4): 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997
* FA Youth Cup (1): 1992

Real Madrid

* La Liga (1): 2006–07
* Supercopa de España (1): 2003

Los Angeles Galaxy

* MLS Supporters' Shield (1): 2010

Individual

* Premier League Player of the Month (1): August 1996
* PFA Young Player of the Year (1): 1996–97
* Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year (1): 1996–97
* UEFA Club Footballer of the Year (1): 1998–99
* UEFA Club Midfielder of the Year (1): 1998–99
* Premier League 10 Seasons Awards (1992–93 to 2001–02):
o Domestic & Overall Team of the Decade
o Goal of the Decade (vs. Wimbledon, 17 August 1996)
* BBC Sports Personality of the Year (1): 2001
* FIFA 100[163]
* ESPY Award – Best Male Soccer Player: 2004[164]
* ESPY Award – Best MLS Player: 2008[164]
* English Football Hall of Fame: 2008

Orders and special awards

* Officer in the Order of the British Empire by Queen Elizabeth II: 2003
* United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) Goodwill Ambassador (2005–present)
* "Britain's Greatest Ambassador" – 100 Greatest Britons awards[165]
* The Celebrity 100, number 15 – Forbes, 2007[166]
* Number 1 on the list of the 40 most influential men under the age of 40 in the UK[167] – Arena, 2007
* Time 100: 2008[168]

To say that he isn't one of the greatest players to have played the game, is just a travesty.
Absolutely superb player, his football career, however, is overshadowd by his fame and glamour lifestyle, so people like you can't see past your hatred of him because of his commercial success to actually understand just how fantastic he is at the sport. World-Class in fact.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:17 pm

murphy wrote:

I don't think anyone's ever compared him to any of the 'greats'. It would be unfair to do so

Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:37 pm

worlds great players perform at world cups.