Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ENGLAND/FIFA/CORRUPTION

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:20 pm

The whiter than white English FA took a team out to Trinidad and Tobago
two years ago to 'get jack warner on board'.... they already knew he had
been investigated for ticket scandals a year or two previous to this. Did
this stop them trying to 'buy' his vote with a lucrative friendly over there?

Also, by agreeing to FIFAs rules and regulations for hosting a World Cup,
they were bending over for Sepp Blatter. Allowing FIFA to grab hundreds
of millions of pounds out of Britain tax free. Allowing FIFA to bend our
immigration laws and allowing FIFA to disregard workers rights. Did they
disclose FIFAs stitch-up rules?? NOPE... FIFA are very strict on this...
Dont tell anyone!!...

The English media is harping on today about how Britain is the country of
fair play...

short memories

Considering Politicians in London conned the public out of almost 100m
in expenses last year!!!

Re: ENGLAND/FIFA/CORRUPTION

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:33 pm

If I was in charge of any of the home nations, I would pull out of FIFA and stick to UEFA. FIFA's just full of corrupt old cronies looking after their own. I wouldn't look too deeply into the FA trying to get Warner on board though. He's as crooked as they come, but a very powerful man so it would have been good to get him onside. OK, principles would have been pushed to one side, but they obviously felt they had to do this to get an advantage

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:35 pm

Errm, FIFA are the "parent" body of UEFA... can't pull out of one without leaving the other...

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:38 pm

nerd wrote:Errm, FIFA are the "parent" body of UEFA... can't pull out of one without leaving the other...

A pity. FIFA must be made answerable to someone though. Maybe a Champions League style threat by the big countries to pull out of FIFA until the get their house in order would make them sit up and listen though. Or a credible successor to that crook Blatter should step forward

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:03 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
nerd wrote:Errm, FIFA are the "parent" body of UEFA... can't pull out of one without leaving the other...

A pity. FIFA must be made answerable to someone though. Maybe a Champions League style threat by the big countries to pull out of FIFA until the get their house in order would make them sit up and listen though. Or a credible successor to that crook Blatter should step forward

This is the WHOLE point.

FIFA's house IS in order.

The World Cup went where they all wanted it to go (billions of roubles
ensured that) The World Cup makes FIFA tens of billions of dollars
clear profit every four years. Everybody is happy, except England.

Corruption has been a way of life in Europe and the rest of the World for many many
years. But as long as wheels keep turning, nobody cares.

Had England got their own way, they'd have kept schtumm!! Is that not a form of
corruption in itself?

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:15 pm

taffyapple wrote:This is the WHOLE point.

Corruption has been a way of life in Europe and the rest of the World for many many

corruption in itself?

Is it in order though? Just because corruption has been a way of life for years, doesn't make it right. That thinking is barmy. And England getting their own way then keeping shtumm isn't the case, people here have been saying for a long time that FIFA's men in power are corrupt, but they decide to sweep it under the carpet. That's where they need to put their house in order and become answerable. But that wouldn't suit the current powerbrokers there, would it?

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:21 pm

FIFA might or might not be corrupt.

However, they have never hid the fact they want take the World Cup to new lucrative markets and leave a legacy for future generations.

The England bid completely missed this point as they already had the richest league in the world along with stadiums and training grounds which had already been built.

The BBC and Sunday Times also shot the bid in the foot with their allegations and that probably explains why the bid was embarrassed deliberately in the way it was.

The world is moving on at breakneck speed and frankly this country (in this case England) is having trouble keeping up with the likes of Russia, China and other emerging countries from the middle and far east in all things from attitude to economic might. With that in mind it is absolutely no wonder England got stuffed.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:31 pm

I never thought that England would win the bid anyway, it's the way in which the bid is considered that I think makes the winners the people with the most friends in high places or who can grease the most palms. If you go harrassing people in power at FIFA, then they aren't going to be happy. The problem is, it becomes a boy's club and they stick together, rather than root out the wrong-doers; Jack Warner should have been booted out years ago. Instead of investigating the accusations, Blatter just warns against the press in this country and talks of these claims being reported through 'official channels', even though nobody has a clue what these channels actually are.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:44 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I never thought that England would win the bid anyway, it's the way in which the bid is considered that I think makes the winners the people with the most friends in high places or who can grease the most palms. If you go harrassing people in power at FIFA, then they aren't going to be happy. The problem is, it becomes a boy's club and they stick together, rather than root out the wrong-doers; Jack Warner should have been booted out years ago. Instead of investigating the accusations, Blatter just warns against the press in this country and talks of these claims being reported through 'official channels', even though nobody has a clue what these channels actually are.

I watched the Panorama programme and most of the allegations were about events which happened 8-15 years ago. Since then there has been a court case in Switzerland which apparently cleared most of the FIFA Exco committee members which still serve.

We can speculate on Jack Warner, but my personal opinion is he has just taken the piss out England due to previous harassment from the British media which is no proof of corruption.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:50 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:We can speculate on Jack Warner, but my personal opinion is he has just taken the piss out England due to previous harassment from the British media which is no proof of corruption.

I think you could be right on that but, reading the press since (if you can believe them and I have no reason not to on this matter), Warner was England's only other vote than their own

Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:33 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:I never thought that England would win the bid anyway, it's the way in which the bid is considered that I think makes the winners the people with the most friends in high places or who can grease the most palms. If you go harrassing people in power at FIFA, then they aren't going to be happy. The problem is, it becomes a boy's club and they stick together, rather than root out the wrong-doers; Jack Warner should have been booted out years ago. Instead of investigating the accusations, Blatter just warns against the press in this country and talks of these claims being reported through 'official channels', even though nobody has a clue what these channels actually are.

I watched the Panorama programme and most of the allegations were about events which happened 8-15 years ago. Since then there has been a court case in Switzerland which apparently cleared most of the FIFA Exco committee members which still serve.

We can speculate on Jack Warner, but my personal opinion is he has just taken the piss out England due to previous harassment from the British media which is no proof of corruption.

Oh no. Warner is more bent than Elton Johns boyfriend!!

He asked Scotland (after a friendly) to make the £170k cheque out to him and not the
Trinidad FA. The Scottish President told him to do one. He was later found to be tapping
up other Scottish FA members to try and get the Chairman to change his mind

He told the Trinidad players after the 2006 world Cup that they would all get a percentage
of the Federations profits. It came to light that they made 18m Trinidad dollars, he told the
players there were costs totalling 17m... they were offered just over 5k each... they still not
been paid!!!

Warner is a f*cking dog :lol:

It THEN got uncovered that the Federation (him) had actually made over 100m trinidad dollars :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:43 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:
taffyapple wrote:This is the WHOLE point.

corruption in itself?

Is it in order though? Just because corruption has been a way of life for years, doesn't make it right. That thinking is barmy. And England getting their own way then keeping shtumm isn't the case, people here have been saying for a long time that FIFA's men in power are corrupt, but they decide to sweep it under the carpet. That's where they need to put their house in order and become answerable. But that wouldn't suit the current powerbrokers there, would it?

What I mean is. To all intents and purposes, and in keeping with the way things have been done
on the continent and world-wide for hundreds of years.... What FIFA do barely raises an eyebrow.
Its wrong, but its how the fuckers do things. Russia was involved. That means huge bribes and
threats and intimidation

Had England been awarded it, it would have seen them disregarding British tax laws/labour laws and
immigration laws to satisfy this greedy cheating corrupt corporation. Is that not cheating the British
people?

So indirectly, by accepting the conditions laid down by FIFA, England would have been guilty of a form
of corruption too