Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Shay Given for Cardiff????

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:36 am

Shay Given is currently kicking his heels at Mancini City....

Perahaps a phone call from our new manager, Craig Bellamy (well, it certainly apears that way!!) could see Shay arriving as cover for Heaton....

Worth a try....even for a month!!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Re: Shay Given for Cardiff????

Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:50 am

all depends if Man C insists he plays x amount of 1st team games or not really , if I were DJ then Id be ringing Newcastle to enquire about either Ameobi or Ranger as cover for Bothroyd .

Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:52 am

I thought 'silly season' only happened in the summer

Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:54 am

Vintage 63 wrote:all depends if Man C insists he plays x amount of 1st team games or not really , if I were DJ then Id be ringing Newcastle to enquire about either Ameobi or Ranger as cover for Bothroyd .

ranger would be class :ayatollah: good shout

Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:54 am

Vintage 63 wrote:all depends if Man C insists he plays x amount of 1st team games or not really , if I were DJ then Id be ringing Newcastle to enquire about either Ameobi or Ranger as cover for Bothroyd .

Ameobi is a good shout, Martyn, but Ranger? I can see him drifting way down the leagues.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:55 am

bluebirds23 wrote:
ranger would be class :ayatollah: good shout

I don't think he would. Not up to Championship football yet, as last season proved

Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:56 am

Nottage Blue wrote:

Ameobi is a good shout, Martyn, but Ranger? I can see him drifting way down the leagues.

i disgree there ranger is gonna be well above ameobi in yr or so, he looks fantastic player, ameobi would be good signing tho lol

Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:00 am

I thought Ranger led the line well for them when they played us at CCS last season.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:00 am

bluebirds23 wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

i disgree there ranger is gonna be well above ameobi in yr or so, he looks fantastic player, ameobi would be good signing tho lol

Mind you, Ameobi has been round for years and must be in his 30s now

Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:02 am

yea he 31 i think , ranger is only 18 or 19 madness when you look size of the bugger haha

Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:19 am

bluebirds23 wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:

just look at bothroyd he wasnt the best wen he joined now look at him

Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:09 am

Or not.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:34 am

I can't see Shay dropping down the leagues. Celtic on loan or a lower Prem League would be more likely.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:40 pm

Nottage Blue wrote:I thought 'silly season' only happened in the summer

What, Like that stupidest of stupid statements that "Craig Bellamy interested in playing for Cardiff"????

Don't be so fecking negative....Nottage ain't that bad a place to live, is it?? (A bit nearer Swansea, I know....but really??)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: "Support YOUR team to the Premier Leaue" :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:47 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:I thought 'silly season' only happened in the summer

What, Like that stupidest of stupid statements that "Craig Bellamy interested in playing for Cardiff"????

Don't be so fecking negative....Nottage ain't that bad a place to live, is it?? (A bit nearer Swansea, I know....but really??)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: "Support YOUR team to the Premier Leaue" :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Realism is the key. The Bellamy to Cardiff and Given to Cardiff are 2 completely different scenarios. The fact that Bellamy's home is here, the fact that he always said he wanted to play for us before finishing are the real factors that swung it in our favour. I would hazard a guess that Given will leave for a transfer fee than a loan if he leaves Man City next month. I think he would say that he's good enough to walk into almost any Premiership team and wouldn't drop down a division to get regular football, so Man City wouldn't leave him go to a competitor. This isn't the same as the Bellamy situation.

I am positive and I think, if Jones doesn't bottle things towards the end of the season, and we do some strengthening in key areas (centre back and a new full back), we will go up. Like I said, I am positive, but also realistic.

(Oh and by the way, despite my username, I live in Cardiff now. Only just moved from Nottage, granted, but now in Pentwyn)

Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:27 pm

i thought man city were'nt allowed to loan us any more players as a result of complaints about belamy and them being a parent club

Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:28 pm

Hardly a parent club we only have one player off them.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:33 pm

i know but thats what the fa said as long as they don't loan any more players to us theres nothing to answer to

Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:35 pm

Us signing him is like throwing money away. Marshall and Heaton is all we need