Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

World Cup Vote Rigged?

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:03 pm

It was announced on Talk Sport about 5pm, that England went out in the first round of voting, having only picked up 2 votes, one of which apears to be from their own English delegate of FIFA! :shock:

They went on to say that Sepp Blatter, has recently got the committee together, told them to think hard before they cast their votes and reminded them, of which country accused them of being corrupt! :shock: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: World Cup Vote Rigged?

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:05 pm

Good old Sepp!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I heard The Isle of Man got more votes :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:08 pm

I don't think there are many people who don't think its rigged. If Holland/Belgium got it then I don't think anyone woukd even suggest it was rigged.

But a country that has a worse record for hooliganism and racism than England, not to mention its a well known fact the Mafia run the country and the corruption that takes place. Well, just doesn't add up does it??

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:09 pm

PhatFrog wrote:I don't think there are many people who don't think its rigged. If Holland/Belgium got it then I don't think anyone woukd even suggest it was rigged.

But a country that has a worse record for hooliganism and racism than England, not to mention its a well known fact the Mafia run the country and the corruption that takes place. Well, just doesn't add up does it??

phatfrog, there bid was better! ;) :D

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:12 pm

taffyapple wrote:Good old Sepp!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I heard The Isle of Man got more votes :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:) Personally, I can see many reasons why Russia should have got the vote, but the system stinks to high heaven, when all the competing countries, get encouraged to wine and dine and lavish gift after gift, upon the already rich beggars of FIFA and get them to spend millions of pounds, of what looks like tax payers money, in a gamble to try and host the World Cup! :twisted:

England's bid, has apparently cost this country (The UK) £463,000,000, of which I am also a tax payer!

The fact that this was an England bid, will almost certainly have cost all of us tax payers a pretty penny and not just be confined to the English tax payers! :twisted:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:16 pm

milly44 wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:I don't think there are many people who don't think its rigged. If Holland/Belgium got it then I don't think anyone woukd even suggest it was rigged.

Aye, their cash bid. :lol: Still havnt gotten over them cheating us out of a place in a major finals tournement a few years back.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:17 pm

dont care either way - cant see Wales qualifying!

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:21 pm

PhatFrog wrote:
milly44 wrote:

Aye, their cash bid. :lol: Still havnt gotten over them cheating us out of a place in a major finals tournement a few years back.

i forgave them at 3pm :D
when you say us, you mean wales right ;)

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:22 pm

ElGwapo wrote:dont care either way - cant see Wales qualifying!

Can't see whether it matters whether Wales qualify or not, surely it's about whether the competition for who gets to host the event is rigged or not?

Of course I'd love Wales to qualify for one tournament in my lifetime, but I can't see that FIFA should be encouraging competing countries, to stump up large amounts of tax payers money, to gamble on winning a chance of hosting a World Cup Tournament, especially when the President, has already rigged the voting, by putting pressure on the other committee members, to vote for somebody else!

£463 Million pounds of tax payers money (which includes Welsh tax payers), have reportedly gone on this rigged gamble! :twisted:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:29 pm

Milly

Yes. I meant Wales :lol:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:30 pm

PhatFrog wrote:Milly

Yes. I meant Wales :lol:

just checking my darling :D

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:46 pm

WHERES YOUR WORLD CUP GONE,,WHERES YOUR WORLD CUP GONE, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:47 pm

ninianblue wrote:WHERES YOUR WORLD CUP GONE,,WHERES YOUR WORLD CUP GONE, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

2018 where having a laugh, 2018 where having a laugh :lol:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:52 pm

1-0 to the meerkats, 1-0 to the meerkats, 1-0 to the meerkats :D

Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:41 pm

milly44 wrote:

Sorry, can't agree.

England (and this not easy to say for a Welshman) had the most well-presented and practical bid of all....and for them to go out in the first round with only TWO votes (one of which was their own!!) showed an absolute mocking of any sense of fair play, openess and/or integrity.

The English supporters, certain newspapers and the BBC managed to feck it up for themselves after the disgraceful scenes at the Birmingham derby and the bribery allegations and documentaries that were aired only days before the vote....

David Beckham and his creditable team could have been there until Christmas 2018 and they still wouldn't have got the event.

I hope the Brum and Villa fans are proud of themselves!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:45 pm

sven i was only trying to wind her up :D

i couldnt give a flying f**k where it is to be honest.
they could play it on the moon for all i care :)
they could play it in my back garden and for 99% of the games id stay inside in the warm and watch jeremy kyle :D
wales,scotland and north ire. arn't in it, i will support who ever plays/beats england :D

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:09 pm

They got more chance of winning the eurovision song contest.
beckham on the drums,the prince on bass and cameron vocals. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:12 pm

ianba wrote:They got more chance of winning the eurovision song contest.
beckham on the drums,the prince on bass and cameron vocals. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

think of a band name for them ??? :D

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:21 pm

The 3skins, shame there wasnt 4 of them :D

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:23 pm

PhatFrog wrote:
milly44 wrote:

Amen to the last two things you've said Frog! :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:27 pm

At the end of the day do you vote (or do any kind of favour) for someone or something that has called you a tw*t?

The obvious answer is no, so England's bid was doomed from the moment the papers and panarama called FIFA corrupt. With that in mind it begs belief that the Pommes ever thought they had a chance and wasted £15m making themselves look daft.

On the bright side David Cameron has come out of this looking a right prick

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:47 pm

Sven Ghali wrote:
milly44 wrote:

Sorry, can't agree.

England (and this not easy to say for a Welshman) had the most well-presented and practical bid of all....and for them to go out in the first round with only TWO votes (one of which was their own!!) showed an absolute mocking of any sense of fair play, openess and/or integrity.

The English supporters, certain newspapers and the BBC managed to feck it up for themselves after the disgraceful scenes at the Birmingham derby and the bribery allegations and documentaries that were aired only days before the vote....

David Beckham and his creditable team could have been there until Christmas 2018 and they still wouldn't have got the event.

I hope the Brum and Villa fans are proud of themselves!!!!

Fair Play???

Scottish Welsh and Northern Irish taxpayers were paying for this bid. Did England
come up with a plan to at least use Hampden, Ibrox, Parkead, the Millstad, CCS??
Naaah... greedy greedy bastards. The other joint bids put them to shame.... Had
they initiated an 'All Britain' bid, FIFA would have looked more favourably on it!!

To top it all, Sky news said that ENGLANDS brave bid was scuppered by the BRITISH
media...

Its like a broken record with the fuckers... if its GOOD its ENGLISH... if it all
goes pear-shaped.... blame BRITAIN :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:13 am

ah well saves the embarassment of plymouth having a 40,000 seater stadium. merry christmas ridsdale :ayatollah: