Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Wurzels and Plymouth

Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:08 pm

were having new stadiums on the back of Enland winning the world cup bid.

Does this mean that both new stadium plans will be shelved.

Re: The Wurzels and Plymouth

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:31 pm

the riddler wont enjoy this news. the knob

Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:57 am

The Wurzels are struggling to get planning permission from their local council so they would have been banking on the bid to get accepted to put some pressure on the council - not sure what they will do now?

Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:20 am

Bristol here, we have full planning permission for the ground, thats all sorted.
But...what the problem is you could not make up! 22 local people have had an application for a town green accepted on the site where the ground is due to be built.
The law on this is very complex, it now seems that the final say will be with Bristol City council, but as they dont give a flying fxxk about sport were not holding our breath.
A 30,000,£93 million stadium with all planning sorted and ready to go, is being stopped by 22 fkn dog walkers!!
As for Plymouth,4,000 gates and with Risdale going there it would seem there fckd anyway!

Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:34 am

Billy Wizz wrote:Bristol here, we have full planning permission for the ground, thats all sorted.
But...what the problem is you could not make up! 22 local people have had an application for a town green accepted on the site where the ground is due to be built.
The law on this is very complex, it now seems that the final say will be with Bristol City council, but as they dont give a flying fxxk about sport were not holding our breath.
A 30,000,£93 million stadium with all planning sorted and ready to go, is being stopped by 22 fkn dog walkers!!
As for Plymouth,4,000 gates and with Risdale going there it would seem there fckd anyway!

How is the new ground being paid for ?

£93m is a lot of money, and like we were before ours got built you have a big debt before you start (yes I know Lansdown is covering it for now, but hes bound to want to see something for his money)

Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:38 am

the new worzel ground looks Horrible Infact it's trashton moved 500 yards down the rd!

scummy club :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Billy Wizz wrote:Bristol here, we have full planning permission for the ground, thats all sorted.

How is the new ground being paid for ?

£93m is a lot of money, and like we were before ours got built you have a big debt before you start (yes I know Lansdown is covering it for now, but hes bound to want to see something for his money)

I bet there's a retail park in there somewhere ;)

I remember looking at their accounts last year and whilst I can't remember the specific's it did appear as though Landsdown had a similar 'loan note' for millions of pounds in the same way Langston did with us.