Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A little help please.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:15 pm

What it is my Friend just told me that the police came to his house Today about 12:30 and told him he needs to go down the police station tomorow & they might have to arrest him.

When he asked why, because he havnt got a clue on what he has dont, they told him they cant tell him now they will tell him tomorow.

Can the police actualy decline telling you on what you have done there and then or do they have to tell you?

Thanks.

:ayatollah:

Re: A little help please.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:27 pm

Ccfc Shane wrote:What it is my Friend just told me that the police came to his house Today about 12:30 and told him he needs to go down the police station tomorow & they might have to arrest him.

When he asked why, because he havnt got a clue on what he has dont, they told him they cant tell him now they will tell him tomorow.

Can the police actualy decline telling you on what you have done there and then or do they have to tell you?

Thanks.

Shane, Tell him to ring them up and Ask why. Also then tell him to contact a Solicitor as well, Not a Duty Solicitor.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:31 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Ccfc Shane wrote:What it is my Friend just told me that the police came to his house Today about 12:30 and told him he needs to go down the police station tomorow & they might have to arrest him.

Thanks.

Shane, Tell him to ring them up and Ask why. Also then tell him to contact a Solicitor as well, Not a Duty Solicitor.

Ok cheers mate, will tell him now. :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:56 pm

They don't have to tell him unless they raided his house.
As 'Forever Blue' said should definetly go in with a solicitor and not ask for a duty solicitor, it will save a lot of time and the solicitor might be able to ring ahead and find out what it's about.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:37 pm

CF14-SE14 wrote:They don't have to tell him unless they raided his house.
As 'Forever Blue' said should definetly go in with a solicitor and not ask for a duty solicitor, it will save a lot of time and the solicitor might be able to ring ahead and find out what it's about.

Ok cheers lad. :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:51 am

Thanks.

They don't have to tell him, mate....but it all changes when at the station. Sound advice from Annis. Get your own solicitor (not the duty guy) and get him/her to phone ahead to see what the score is first....although they may tell you it'll be made clear and dealt with at the station.

Excuse me asking, but surely he must have an idea?? Unless, of course, he's genuinely done nothing OR he's spoilt for choice!!

Keep us informed....we're a nosey bunch!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: