Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

job reference

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:08 pm

hi i have just been offered job with admiral :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
they want job references, my current employee is fine however i left my previous employee to join where i work now
i didnt get sacked, no disciplinary but didnt give notice period. was only there 4 months could this be an issue or would i be fine

Re: job reference

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:11 pm

Congrats on the job, what you doing?

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:13 pm

admiral customer services
just dreading the reference from my previous employee (the AA ) didnt give any notice however i wasnt disciplined or no sickness so that should be ok

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:14 pm

they aint allowed to give a bad refrence, just refuse to do one, which won't look good :lol:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:15 pm

thats why i worried, no disciplinarys surelly thats ok :lol:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:32 pm

its not just about that, you left, proberly pissed them off enough

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:49 pm

I had all my Holliday money paid out to me and a letter saying arty to hear I'm leaving etc so I guess it's all good. Plus it's been over 18 months

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:44 am

lewispenarth wrote:hi i have just been offered job with admiral :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
they want job references, my current employee is fine however i left my previous employee to join where i work now
i didnt get sacked, no disciplinary but didnt give notice period. was only there 4 months could this be an issue or would i be fine

Advertising the fact on here won't help your cause. There are quite a few Admiral workers who follow the mighty Bluebirds!!

Howevr, in reality there's nowt for you to worry about if you walked out with no disciplinary and they've already offered you the job....

Personally, I'd quiz you on ALL previous employment and your reasons for leaving, but that doen't necessarily mean I'm being negative....just wanting to know the personality and commitment of the person I was employing.

Good luck in the job....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:22 am

lewispenarth wrote:hi i have just been offered job with admiral :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I would imagine that you will be perfectly fine. The AA employ hundreds of people so it is hardly likely that your failure to give 7 days notice registered on the radar.

TBH Admiral are more interested in confirming your experience in the idustry rather than whether you gave the proper notice.