Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" LATEST ON THE WALES MANAGERS POSITION "

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:31 pm

As Said before, Ian Rush has with drawn from applying as manager, but is now interested in the Assistant Job/NO 2.
Lagerbeck is looking good as is Lawrie Sanchez. Also Hartson is, with a good coach besides him.
Latest update :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " LATEST ON THE WALES MANAGERS POSITION "

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:As Said before, Ian Rush has with drawn from applying as manager, but is now interested in the Assistant Job/NO 2.
Lagerbeck is looking good as is Lawrie Sanchez. Also Hartson is, with a good coach besides him.

Not exactly a mouth watering choice is it ?

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:53 pm

ive been told to chuck money on lagerback as its more or less a done deal!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:09 pm

Lagerback, Sanchez both done well at nations with small resources.

Hartson? f*cking joke - remind me where he's coached / managed again. Even Barry didn't want him!

Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:12 pm

nerd wrote:Lagerback, Sanchez both done well at nations with small resources.

Hartson? f*cking joke - remind me where he's coached / managed again. Even Barry didn't want him!

Did they qualify ?

Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:42 pm

lagerback led sweden to 2 euro championships and the world cup 2002 i reckon he's the best of the candidates by far

Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:47 pm

Lawnmower wrote:

Did they qualify ?

Lagerback, yes... he's taken teams to Euros, WC.

Sanchez did bloody well at N Ireland with a far smaller, less talented squad than we have...

Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:52 pm

Id be very happy with Lagerback, be great to have a coach who will come in and give every Welsh player a clean slate an dthe chance to stake a claim for a spot in the team

Hopefully he can dig up some Swedish superstar with a Welsh Granparent that can play for us

Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:07 pm

nerd wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:

Did they qualify ?

Lagerback, yes... he's taken teams to Euros, WC.

Sanchez did bloody well at N Ireland with a far smaller, less talented squad than we have...

Checked it out, yes Lagerback had a good record with Sweden. Failed with Nigeria, he's been offered a new contract by Nigeria as well.

Sanchez did the same as our lot. ... failed to qualify.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lars_Lagerb%C3%A4ck

Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:57 am

Forever Blue wrote:As Said before, Ian Rush has with drawn from applying as manager, but is now interested in the Assistant Job/NO 2.

Annis, has anyone recommended Dave Jones?? He seems to be running everything else!!'

I'm sure you'd give him a solid reference!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:10 am

Lagerback is undoubtedly the best option there, I think Hartson cares about the job the most, but wouldn't be anywhere near as effective as we currently need.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:08 pm

nerd wrote:Sanchez did bloody well at N Ireland with a far smaller, less talented squad than we have...

He had Warren Feeney at his disposal, didn't he? :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:10 pm

Lagerback would be a superb appointment. We need a coach/manager who knows how to get the best out of a country like ours. At least he'll make us competitive

Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:50 pm

Lets get in a foreign manager, Wales has no top managers around at the moment. :shock: :shock:

Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:19 pm

"lagerback led sweden to 2 euro championships and the world cup 2002 i reckon he's the best of the candidates by far"

Agreed best of the candidates none of them fantastic but it's a shit job and the moment.......

"Hartson? f*cking joke - remind me where he's coached / managed again. Even Barry didn't want him!"

Agree with that too, he's had a tough time but that's no reason to give him a job he is not experienced enough to do ......