Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Englands World Cup Bid

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:53 pm

time is ticking on just over an hour to wait

From reports I have heard looks like its a straight battle between us and Russia/Ukraine bid

Cant wait just hope we get it

Re: Englands World Cup Bid

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:56 pm

Dobbin wrote:time is ticking on just over an hour to wait

From reports I have heard looks like its a straight battle between us and Russia/Ukraine bid

bet Plymouth fans are looking forward to their new stadium then as a result of England winning !

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:22 pm

england are desparate to win,by the time 2018 comes around they might not have a team good enough to qualify. :o

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:23 pm

Dobbins, this is a close call.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:26 pm

Don't rule out Spain/Portugal, the head of their bid said a few days ago that 'all the fish had been sold' suggesting that enough money had exchanged hands to award them the WC!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:30 pm

easternblue wrote:Don't rule out Spain/Portugal, the head of their bid said a few days ago that 'all the fish had been sold' suggesting that enough money had exchanged hands to award them the WC!!!

FISH ? I knew BAZ was up to something. OLA BAZ !

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:33 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Dobbins, this is a close call.

I know mate - It is massive for England and it shows who they have got in to help with the presentation

I think it would be every football fans dream to watch their own country play in the world cup in there own country

Half hour to go

Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:44 pm

i would give it to holland/belgium,

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Qatar 2022

England 2018

;)

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:14 pm

carl must be doing the result its running late. :lol: :ayatollah: :lol:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:16 pm

hirwaunbluebird wrote:carl must be doing the result its running late. :lol: :ayatollah: :lol:

:lol:

We know the result already ;)

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:35 pm

Fears were growing amongst England’s World Cup campaigners this morning after it was revealed that FIFA were leaning towards Spain’s promise of monkey taunts as opposed to England’s pledge of crowd violence.

The hosts for the 2018 World Cup will be decided this morning when twenty-two FIFA executives will try and make a plausible case for the country which has given the most money.

Despite attempts by Birmingham and Aston Villa fans to highlight England’s impressive record of pitch invasions, ripping up seats and fighting in car parks, England has apparently failed and a World Cup of barracking black players now looks more likely.

Prime minister David Cameron, Prince William and David Beckham are fronting the bid, and it is believed that Mr Cameron will highlight last night’s crowd disorder at St Andrews as proof that England can host a ‘Carnival of Carnage’, insisting that when it comes to televised hooliganism English football fans are anything but camera shy.

The Spanish contingent have been buoyed by the rumours with one of the committee saying “We hope that this is true. We are confident that monkey taunts will become as popular as the Mexican Wave.”

FIFA World Cup 2018 bid
The Russian delegation have dismissed Spain’s record of intimidating black players, claiming that they are capable of switching from monkey taunts to violence in the blink of an eye.

A Russian bid team member told FIFA, “What is the point of merely shouting at black players, if you can’t easily hire a thug from a local gangster to beat one of them up for you? This is what you get from a Russian World Cup.”

An unnamed FIFA source told us, “The Fifa executives did look at Russia’s impressive record of monkey chant taunting, but they felt that bananas were not in as good a supply as they are in Spain, and this counted against them.”

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:38 pm

RUSSIA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

AGAIN WHO WOULD HAVE A WORLD CUP IN ENGLAND, ITS A SHIT HOLE :lol:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:44 pm

Ben wrote:RUSSIA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Russia is worse - Fcuking disgrace

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:44 pm

england lose yet again! can't even win a raffle :lol:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:45 pm

Dobbin wrote:
Ben wrote:RUSSIA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Russia is worse - Fcuking disgrace

Russia should spend the money getting the country out of poverty .

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:57 pm

2 votes, you only got 2 votes :lol: :lol: http://www.flags.net/images/largeflags/RUSS0001.GIF

Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:01 pm

ninianblue wrote:2 votes, you only got 2 votes :lol: :lol: http://www.flags.net/images/largeflags/RUSS0001.GIF

Get your Russian hats on tomorrow. :lol: :lol: :lol: