Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

what reception for paul parry

Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:41 pm

i think he let us down,so for me no pat on the back :(

Re: what reception for paul parry

Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:43 pm

krab wrote:i think he let us down,so for me no pat on the back :(

sign him up he's one of Dave's old players - wouldn't surprise me.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:54 pm

He'll get a good reception from me, he went to the play-off games to watch us. :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:55 pm

I felt he left the club under a cloud because his performances were pretty shit. For the majority though he gave everything when he played so I'll applaud him. I was never a massive fan of his style but yeah, he's alright like.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:58 pm

I'll applaud him, he gave 100% for Cardiff. :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:01 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: And a big :thumbup: from me.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:08 pm

i remember a lardy paul parry that towards the end didnt put in a full shift,but just my opinion, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:09 pm

When he played well he was great and always give all he had then he would get injured and take a few games to get back to form. He scored some good goals too but at the end he lost it a bit with the Wales fiasco but he will get a good reception from me.

In saying that he doesnt play much for Preston does he?

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:11 pm

Used to love seeing him down the wing but the last season he had with us he didn't look the same looks like he lost pace but seeing preston on tele few weeks back v hull looked decent,Still i'd clap him top player :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:49 pm

Personal opinions there will be some idiot that boo's - i got no reason to boo him - i liked watching him for a good few season - until the end - but again who know

some say he didnt care

some say he was a pisshead (seems a lot of Cardiff players end up in the boozer!)

some say he got tooo big for his size 7's

someone was shagging his mrs

imaging having to play with the bloke whos doing your wife! :lol: :lol:

I will give him support as i liked him for the majortiy of his city career

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:54 pm

Jez wrote:Personal opinions there will be some idiot that boo's - i got no reason to boo him - i liked watching him for a good few season - until the end - but again who know

some say he didnt care

some say he was a pisshead (seems a lot of Cardiff players end up in the boozer!)

mee too i like paul :ayatollah: :ayatollah: who was nobbing his missus then??? jezzy you gossip monger :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:56 pm

Jez wrote:Personal opinions there will be some idiot that boo's - i got no reason to boo him - i liked watching him for a good few season - until the end - but again who know

some say he didnt care

no booing,he didnt deserve that :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:58 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:

some say he didnt care

mee too i like paul :ayatollah: :ayatollah: who was nobbing his missus then??? jezzy you gossip monger :lol: :lol: :lol:

allegedly a fullback,who no longer plays for the club :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:01 pm

????????????????????????????????? :o clue :old:

Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:02 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: no dont i sniff a libel case :lol: :lol:

Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:06 pm

I can't stand him.

After the way he treated Wales while at Cardiff I never once
Chanted his name or clapped him and certainly won't be Saturday.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:07 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: no dont i sniff a libel case :lol: :lol:

thats why ALEDGEDLY, :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:27 pm

I would definately think he is still a Cardiff City fan after he sent me this message on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... .625761995

He comes across as genuine, why would he want photos of him playing for the City if he wasn't still a fan

He's been seen at several Cardiff games when he was injured/not playing, as said he will definately get a clap from me if only on the subs bench, and lets face it the Wales thing is understandable if you know what happened? :roll:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:02 am

Which Wales one? The one where he took 8 months off? Seems fair enough.
But then to come back play in a friendly and then because he didn't get picked in the next game throw his toys out the pram two days before a qualifier when we had injuries and suspensions claiming he "felt
Like a spare part" FFS I wonder why you ignorant prick. Let Wales down mx
I will never support him and never did in any shirt after that including a Cardiff top.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:19 am

Gotta love his FB profile there:

Interested in: Women
Looking for: Networking

He mean Networking though his team mate's wives?

Anyway I always liked Parry he was, at least dependable (be awesome for 20mins a game). Could have used him last season in stead of Etuhu

Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:22 am

RFMH wrote:Anyway I always liked Parry he was, at least dependable (be awesome for 20mins a game). Could have used him last season in stead of Etuhu

May as well have done, cos he couldn't head the ball either! :P :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:26 am

His injury record was pretty good though. Etuhu was probably on twice the wages and played half as many games

Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:52 am

RFMH wrote:His injury record was pretty good though. Etuhu was probably on twice the wages and played half as many games

His injury record was quite good until this season! :) :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:01 am

i used to work in a restaurant in chepstow, hes a chepstow boy, and not very well liked by the locals, or people who know him.
i wont waste my energy by clapping or booing him, he wont have any effect on the game hes isnt good enough :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:20 am

Hi Milly,

I live in Chepstow and Paul is to my knowledge pretty well liked by most of the locals, especially Sat t Arvans where he lived and played his earlier football senior football.

which restaurant did you work at?

Most locals were well chuffed when he came to us from Hereford.

Indeed when most find out me / my lad are City fans it tends to be Paul they bring up as conversation..

He's also proudly touted as an ex-player by the junior football I team I coach (garden city)...

That being said I don't think he ever the best player we had, but when my lad was mascot he was really good with him especially when he knew Jacob was from Chepstow / junior footy team.

I think his best season came when he was thrown up front, after we were left short on options following Fowlers injury,

Personally I will clap him as he did alright for us, and also as an ex-player has been seen at some City games cheering us on..

I think even I would have walked away from Wales after the fiasco with Toshak

Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:34 pm

A great reception, he was a great player for us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:14 pm

Parry cost us next to nothing, put in some great shifts for us and his form dipped when he had some personal problems.

He was arguably one of our top 2 or 3 performers for a couple of seasons.

Will get a big clap from me

:ayatollah:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:28 pm

I remember his headed goal against Gillingham that kept us up a few seasons back. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks Mr Parry! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:32 pm

He will get a good one off me.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:37 pm

birdy wrote:Hi Milly,

I live in Chepstow and Paul is to my knowledge pretty well liked by most of the locals, especially Sat t Arvans where he lived and played his earlier football senior football.

which restaurant did you work at?

Most locals were well chuffed when he came to us from Hereford.

Indeed when most find out me / my lad are City fans it tends to be Paul they bring up as conversation..

He's also proudly touted as an ex-player by the junior football I team I coach (garden city)...

That being said I don't think he ever the best player we had, but when my lad was mascot he was really good with him especially when he knew Jacob was from Chepstow / junior footy team.

I think his best season came when he was thrown up front, after we were left short on options following Fowlers injury,

Personally I will clap him as he did alright for us, and also as an ex-player has been seen at some City games cheering us on..

I think even I would have walked away from Wales after the fiasco with Toshak

the star in llansoy few years back, when tim had it. then moved to the tredegar arms shirenewton for a few years. i personally dont mind him, just know quite a few who were in school with him etc and wern't his biggest fans.
you may have known tim then mate?