Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Lack of appreciation by Our players "

Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:42 pm

Another good Debate, but Sadly its True.

Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm

heaton always claps, home and away

Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:52 pm

Zabier wrote:
milly44 wrote:
The Loovenator wrote:Rarely do the players bother to signal their appreciation to the fans at the end of the games this season. Have a look at Forest a couple of weeks ago, every one of their players (minus poor Dexter of course) and even Billy Davies went over to the away section and gave it the big fist pumps and appreciative clap. I can understand that after some games the players just want to get off and it's much easier to do so if you've won the game but it's pretty much every game that the fans are ignored - there's minimal effort at home but on the road where they should be more thankful there's nothing. The squad could endear themselves more to the fans by showing a bit of respect by walking 40 yards and giving a clap once a fortnight.

great post, it pisses me right off. saturday cost me not far off £100, also 2500 people sung there hearts out, and we dont even get achnologed (cant spell it) :cry:
and yes dave jones is partly to blame, i watched a game the other day i think it may have been a FOREST GAME, and a forest player walked of the pitch, and billy davies grabbed him back on his way down the tunnell and made him go over and clap their away support.
dave jones seems to grab um if there not down the tunnel :lol:

I know he's a little dwarf c**t but Billy Davies is the one manager I really want at this club.

Excellent thread and as Annis has said it makes sad reading.
Dave Jones is totally to blame. He is the manager and the players must do as he dictates.
I would take Holloway or Davies over Jones. Managers with a passion who care about the fans.
No wonder Bellers had a slanging match with Jones. Sadly any new manager would have to overcome this culture of snubbing us that DJ has cultivated.
In my ideal world we would get promoted and then pay off Jones and get someone in who appreciates us.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:21 pm

How can DJ be totally to blame, these players arent controlled robots they are men that have a choice.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:30 pm

The Loovenator wrote:Rarely do the players bother to signal their appreciation to the fans at the end of the games this season. Have a look at Forest a couple of weeks ago, every one of their players (minus poor Dexter of course) and even Billy Davies went over to the away section and gave it the big fist pumps and appreciative clap. I can understand that after some games the players just want to get off and it's much easier to do so if you've won the game but it's pretty much every game that the fans are ignored - there's minimal effort at home but on the road where they should be more thankful there's nothing. The squad could endear themselves more to the fans by showing a bit of respect by walking 40 yards and giving a clap once a fortnight.

I am pretty sure Gareth Ainsworth used too, he was that type of player though, not massively talented but did try hard and seemed to appreciate the fans.......

Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:34 pm

Bluebina wrote:

I am pretty sure Gareth Ainsworth used too, he was that type of player though, not massively talented but did try hard and seemed to appreciate the fans.......

I meant to add, most of these lot don't seem to care with the main exception of Bellamy............

Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:37 pm

Well I see Annis has now blamed DJ for the players not clapping the fans lol

I understand you don't like the guy but try blaming the players.

Is DJ also to blame for the ozone layer thus giving us this dreadful weather?
Did DJ shoot JR?

Mmm I wonder :ayatollah:

Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:04 pm

Bellamy as captain could encourage the other players too - but fair play to him for always coming over.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:51 am

You go to an away game,spend an absolute fortune sometimes even taking time of work,
you sing your hart out and what do you get back. have they no compassion, no common decency.
if that was your girlfriend you would call her a cold harted bitch and f*** her off.
we are like dogs our love has no conditions they kick us and we still wag our tails.
and they know this. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:27 pm

They really should be showing some recognition to the fans before the game and at the start of the second half to get the fans chanting and get some passion from us. Raise the crowd and surely they'll raise their game? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:11 pm

I must admit today was a disgrace, I thought given the inept display the fans were on the whole quite patient and I didnt hear any booing, after the final whistle from my view in the Canton Stand I didnt observe any players clapping or going to any part s of the ground to acknoledge the support. Its not acceptable having made a hell of an effort through snow, ice , walking miles, and trains bla bla I at least expect some rapport from the players . It never used to be like this what the hell is going on, over paid charlies now its not good enough.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:49 pm

Look at Preston players today applauding their fans like mad and going over to them at the end.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:15 pm

I deliberately kept an eye out at the end today and the ONLY player who acknowledged the fans was Naylor which after the stick he got for most of the game was a bit surprising.

Every other player got off as quickly as possible.

As Annis says all of the Preston players went to their handful of fans.

And Jones is always first down the tunnel....

I am strongly against booing the players but they really don't seem to give a shit about the sacrifices the average fan makes to follow the club. Whilst we have a duty to support the players they have a duty to show us some passion, some skill and show us that playing for the club that employs them and the fans that support them actually means something to them.

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:36 pm

davids wrote:I deliberately kept an eye out at the end today and the ONLY player who acknowledged the fans was Naylor which after the stick he got for most of the game was a bit surprising.

Every other player got off as quickly as possible.

As Annis says all of the Preston players went to their handful of fans.

And Jones is always first down the tunnel....

I am strongly against booing the players but they really don't seem to give a shit about the sacrifices the average fan makes to follow the club. Whilst we have a duty to support the players they have a duty to show us some passion, some skill and show us that playing for the club that employs them and the fans that support them actually means something to them.

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE WITH YOU and IT REALLY HURTS .

Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:48 pm

I think appreciation comes in both directions.If we boo the players everytime we draw a match after battling hard to get a draw i dont think theyre going to be running around the pitch clapping everyone.Their human at the end of the day and if i was jeerd in my job when things arnt going to plan but im working my arse off to get it right i wouldnt show any appreciation either. Every team will get a blip in the season weve got to get behind the team and players like we have in previous years.I think by the signing of bellamy everyones expectations have gone to high! yes we have a good squad but we have no given right to beat anyone in this league.I think Birmingham fans a couple of years ago were calling for mcleish's head because they didn't run away with the league with the squad they had and look where they are now! keep the faith :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:11 pm

Never a truer word spoken. I hate to say it, but I think this mentality/ approach is cascaded down through the ranks from the management i.e. DJ and co. The players should know better though and do it regardless

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:30 pm

knighty1308 wrote:I think appreciation comes in both directions.If we boo the players everytime we draw a match after battling hard to get a draw i dont think theyre going to be running around the pitch clapping everyone.Their human at the end of the day and if i was jeerd in my job when things arnt going to plan but im working my arse off to get it right i wouldnt show any appreciation either. Every team will get a blip in the season weve got to get behind the team and players like we have in previous years.I think by the signing of bellamy everyones expectations have gone to high! yes we have a good squad but we have no given right to beat anyone in this league.I think Birmingham fans a couple of years ago were calling for mcleish's head because they didn't run away with the league with the squad they had and look where they are now! keep the faith :ayatollah:

At Away games, We Cheer for 90 mins and clap them off when they loose, but they still virtually all ignore us.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:32 pm

2blue2handle wrote:How can DJ be totally to blame, these players arent controlled robots they are men that have a choice.

Luke,

The man at the top should show leadership and if DJ showed more passion towards the fans, I am sure the players would at least show a bit more. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:How can DJ be totally to blame, these players arent controlled robots they are men that have a choice.

Luke,

The man at the top should show leadership and if DJ showed more passion towards the fans, I am sure the players would at least show a bit more. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah im not saying its impossible that it doesnt have an effect but its still the players choice, they want to come over and clap then they can but they chose they either dont want to or cant be bothered.

Like I said it doesnt bother me at all, its not something that makes any difference to me but I can fully understand why people do get annoyed about it

Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:59 pm

Luke

Yeah im not saying its impossible that it doesnt have an effect but its still the players choice, they want to come over and clap then they can but they chose they either dont want to or cant be bothered.

Like I said it doesnt bother me at all, its not something that makes any difference to me but I can fully understand why people do get annoyed about it

Luke, I do agree on that, Also players themselves should have it in them to applaud us, It does hurt me when they dont.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:02 pm

They run around for 90mins, its hardly an effort to walk right over to the fans considering all the effort they have made to travel away.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Luke,

But that's the problem really in that DJ is not a leader all you ever get from him is excuses and whinging, unlike Roy Keane who said after yesterdays defeat " I accept complete responsibility we have to be better than this, it's like groundhog day we are doing the same things over and over again. I bought the players here in the summer and I bought these players in on loan, 8 defeats in 10 games is unacceptable and you cannot look for excuses like blaming the referee. I accept the crititism it is deserved and it's my responsibility to deal with it."

DJ on the otherhand blames the supporters, messageboards and other forms of the media but never once does he ever say "I accept responsibility" he is incapable of saying it because he will never believe it. The man is also the most ungrateful manager who has ever been in charge of team affairs in my lifetime.

In his pre match interview he described the House of Sport as a superb facility "If they can overcome the condensation". Never mind that a director has spent millions of his own money to build it, forget about the weather or the build form no this is not good enough for this man. Offer it to Steve Bruce I bet he would bite your hand off for it as Sunderland do not have such a facility,you can add West Ham, Wigan, Bolton, Blackpool, Birmingham or West Brom.

It's not just the fans this man doesn't appreciate it's basically anything to do with this club, it's history, traditions and yes the fans. He makes me sick to the stomach. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:11 pm

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Luke,

But that's the problem really in that DJ is not a leader all you ever get from him is excuses and whinging, unlike Roy Keane who said after yesterdays defeat " I accept complete responsibility we have to be better than this, it's like groundhog day we are doing the same things over and over again. I bought the players here in the summer and I bought these players in on loan, 8 defeats in 10 games is unacceptable and you cannot look for excuses like blaming the referee. I accept the crititism it is deserved and it's my responsibility to deal with it."

DJ on the otherhand blames the supporters, messageboards and other forms of the media but never once does he ever say "I accept responsibility" he is incapable of saying it because he will never believe it. The man is also the most ungrateful manager who has ever been in charge of team affairs in my lifetime.

In his pre match interview he described the House of Sport as a superb facility "If they can overcome the condensation". Never mind that a director has spent millions of his own money to build it, forget about the weather or the build form no this is not good enough for this man. Offer it to Steve Bruce I bet he would bite your hand off for it as Sunderland do not have such a facility,you can add West Ham, Wigan, Bolton, Blackpool, Birmingham or West Brom.

It's not just the fans this man doesn't appreciate it's basically anything to do with this club, it's history, traditions and yes the fans. He makes me sick to the stomach. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

surely the obvious difference is we are second and Ipswich are 17th.....Keane just sounds like a weak manager to me when I hear that. If I was a player I would be thinking do I really want to listen to someone that sounds like a loser?

Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:24 pm

i don't rate keane yes he got passion etc but i think he would be better coach than anything. i go say that he prob go on major run now LOL

Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:27 pm

surely the obvious difference is we are second and Ipswich are 17th.....Keane just sounds like a weak manager to me when I hear that. If I was a player I would be thinking do I really want to listen to someone that sounds like a loser?[/quote]

Interesting that you think Roy Keane is a loser as let's face it he has achieved more in his short managerial career than DJ has in his. As players of course they were chalk and cheese but then again maybe you think RK was a loser as a player. Look I understand you see nothing wrong with DJ, I do simple and I look forward to the day he is shown the door and hopefully that will be sooner rather than later. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:31 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:i don't rate keane yes he got passion etc but i think he would be better coach than anything. i go say that he prob go on major run now LOL

Roy Keane has in his short career as a manager won the Championship with Sunderland and then kept them in the PL the following season.

DJ has been a manager for twice as long as RK what has he achieved in comparison :?:

Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:33 pm

He was backed with major money and Sunderland and then walked out when it got tough, sorry he is not my type of manager at all.

Re: Lack of appreciation by the players

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:42 pm

Totally Agree with what you have said and it Hurts, In the Old Days Carl Dale, Jason Perry, Phil Dwyer, Eddie Newton, etc etc WOULD ALL COME RIGHT UP TO US and APPLAUD US, Even when Only 50 had travelled.

Dave Jones is Partly to Blame in My Opinion, as He Has No Care for Us and that runs through to the Team, Other Clubs players go right up to their Fans, Most of Our Cant even be Bothered to Clap us and I LIKE I SAY THAT HURTS.[/quote]

Shows how football has gone the majority of players have lost touch with reality and it's no longer the game of the people. Players used to show their appreciation for the vocal backing they received, Eddie May & Frankie Burrows would always acknowledge the supporters and would make sure that the players did too.

Re: Lack of appreciation by the players

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Fairwater Youth wrote:Totally Agree with what you have said and it Hurts, In the Old Days Carl Dale, Jason Perry, Phil Dwyer, Eddie Newton, etc etc WOULD ALL COME RIGHT UP TO US and APPLAUD US, Even when Only 50 had travelled.

Dave Jones is Partly to Blame in My Opinion, as He Has No Care for Us and that runs through to the Team, Other Clubs players go right up to their Fans, Most of Our Cant even be Bothered to Clap us and I LIKE I SAY THAT HURTS.

Shows how football has gone the majority of players have lost touch with reality and it's no longer the game of the people. Players used to show their appreciation for the vocal backing they received, Eddie May & Frankie Burrows would always acknowledge the supporters and would make sure that the players did too.[/quote]

Now We Loved Them for Showing So much Passion to US FANS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:43 pm

Another Good Debate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: