Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Lack of appreciation by Our players "

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:20 pm

Rarely do the players bother to signal their appreciation to the fans at the end of the games this season. Have a look at Forest a couple of weeks ago, every one of their players (minus poor Dexter of course) and even Billy Davies went over to the away section and gave it the big fist pumps and appreciative clap. I can understand that after some games the players just want to get off and it's much easier to do so if you've won the game but it's pretty much every game that the fans are ignored - there's minimal effort at home but on the road where they should be more thankful there's nothing. The squad could endear themselves more to the fans by showing a bit of respect by walking 40 yards and giving a clap once a fortnight.

Re: Lack of appreciation by the players

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:25 pm

The Loovenator wrote:Rarely do the players bother to signal their appreciation to the fans at the end of the games this season. Have a look at Forest a couple of weeks ago, every one of their players (minus poor Dexter of course) and even Billy Davies went over to the away section and gave it the big fist pumps and appreciative clap. I can understand that after some games the players just want to get off and it's much easier to do so if you've won the game but it's pretty much every game that the fans are ignored - there's minimal effort at home but on the road where they should be more thankful there's nothing. The squad could endear themselves more to the fans by showing a bit of respect by walking 40 yards and giving a clap once a fortnight.

Totally Agree with what you have said and it Hurts, In the Old Days Carl Dale, Jason Perry, Phil Dwyer, Eddie Newton, etc etc WOULD ALL COME RIGHT UP TO US and APPLAUD US, Even when Only 50 had travelled.

Dave Jones is Partly to Blame in My Opinion, as He Has No Care for Us and that runs through to the Team, Other Clubs players go right up to their Fans, Most of Our Cant even be Bothered to Clap us and I LIKE I SAY THAT HURTS.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:26 pm

The Club Read This Forum Every Day, I HOPE THEY READ THIS TOPIC :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:27 pm

Those of us at QPR on saturday seen just three players clap us fans at the final whistle (bellers, huds,and heaton)
Just not good enough :( :( :(

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:27 pm

The Loovenator wrote:Rarely do the players bother to signal their appreciation to the fans at the end of the games this season. Have a look at Forest a couple of weeks ago, every one of their players (minus poor Dexter of course) and even Billy Davies went over to the away section and gave it the big fist pumps and appreciative clap. I can understand that after some games the players just want to get off and it's much easier to do so if you've won the game but it's pretty much every game that the fans are ignored - there's minimal effort at home but on the road where they should be more thankful there's nothing. The squad could endear themselves more to the fans by showing a bit of respect by walking 40 yards and giving a clap once a fortnight.

Totally agree.

As much as I thought he was useless, Kennedy always used to applaud the fans at the end of every game. Don't really see that this season.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:29 pm

The only players who used to do it where Kennedy and Rossco.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:33 pm

I even remember Gareth Whalley specifically coming over and clapping fans at Ninian, ages ago.

Its not very nice, going to London and putting up with the shit that a lot of us did. The players are supposed to be on our side, so it would be nice if they made an effort to applaud our efforts to get there.

they paid thousands and some of us struggle to even get there sometimes. yes we had go at them but if they want us to back them i think they should least knowledge us. but i agree with annis there image of dave jones with the side, i am see players often down the vale, tom heaton i would say is most respectful he comes over speaks to you etc. rest of them look down on you.
like the old days the way fans felt close to the fans when they showed respect to us for watching them play shit, this team are up them selves but that my opinion. if none leage side can clap supporters after getting played off park by sides, i think its not hard FOR BIG CLUB LIKE CARDIFF to do so.
Last edited by bluebirds23 on Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GLASCOEDBLUE wrote:Those of us at QPR on saturday seen just three players clap us fans at the final whistle (bellers, huds,and heaton)

Def NOT GOOD ENOUGH, OUR FANS DESERVE BETTER :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:38 pm

GLASCOEDBLUE wrote:Those of us at QPR on saturday seen just three players clap us fans at the final whistle (bellers, huds,and heaton)

yea them 3 players would you belive are the only players not up them selves i see all team down vale, and them 3 who clap you are tidy to talk to. u would think bellamy would up him self, he down to ground and chilled. hudson respectul man always says hey, heaton often talks to me, rest of them well if any of this forum when there and got some looks they give you then you be ' stuck up gits'

they get alot of money take ruff with the smooth? think we deserve lil bit respect seeming we stick by them all the time

Re: " Lack of appreciation by Our players "

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:46 pm

Think its a total lack of passion from our players for the club.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:47 pm

mercenaries most of them don't give a feck about the shirt they wear,the club or the fans just the £££££££££. You can tell that by some of their gutless displays :evil:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:47 pm

mad aint it you would never said all this few years ago. sad tho

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:50 pm

get sam back as director of motivation :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:54 pm

Yeah, I remember when I first started going and we'd be behind after the game for a good 5 mins as the players applauded all sections. Not sure why they don't now, especially considering their wages are coming out of our pockets.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:00 pm

Couldn't agree more with the things being said on here and it's increadably sad :(

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:10 pm

That's one thing i do like about Hudson, he always claps the fans.

I think it was from when Annis was speaking to him before in the Grandstand and mentioned it to him.
Darcy Blake always does it, as does Tom Heaton.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:26 am

Trouble is that football has become a very mercenary game and despite what they say publicly most players would sell their soul to the highest bidder, regardless of any supposed loyalty....as Joe proved at the end of last season (and I'm not trying to drag that one up again....he's just a perfect example)

This particular bunch have been put together to 'do a job' and (with a couple of exceptions) they show that in their whole demeanour towards the fans that help (even though they don't understand it) pay their wages!!

I neither condemn nor condone. It's how it is....and as long as they 'do the biz' on the pitch I'm happy....

:roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah: :roll: :ayatollah:

Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:37 am

great post, it pisses me right off. saturday cost me not far off £100, also 2500 people sung there hearts out, and we dont even get achnologed (cant spell it) :cry:
and yes dave jones is partly to blame, i watched a game the other day i think it may have been a FOREST GAME, and a forest player walked of the pitch, and billy davies grabbed him back on his way down the tunnell and made him go over and clap their away support.
dave jones seems to grab um if there not down the tunnel :lol:

Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:11 am

I'll be honest it doesn't really bother me in te slightest but I can see why people are annoyed and I agree they should come over and clap.
Lee Naylor is usually one who makes a big effort to come over as does Bellamy but most don't.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:25 am

yeh cost me in excess of £100 for me and my daughter, and travelled 294 miles round trip, and apart from bellemy throwing his top to a kid after warming up, and the three at the end, there was no recognition for us.

the team couldnt be arsed to walk 40 yrds to show their appriciation. absolutly disgusting

Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:50 am

milly44 wrote:

great post, it pisses me right off. saturday cost me not far off £100, also 2500 people sung there hearts out, and we dont even get achnologed (cant spell it) :cry:
and yes dave jones is partly to blame, i watched a game the other day i think it may have been a FOREST GAME, and a forest player walked of the pitch, and billy davies grabbed him back on his way down the tunnell and made him go over and clap their away support.
dave jones seems to grab um if there not down the tunnel :lol:

I know he's a little dwarf c**t but Billy Davies is the one manager I really want at this club.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:58 am

Dave Jones is too concerned about his reputation being damaged by losing games etc he doesn't seem to care much about the fans at all! On the few occasions I have met DJ, he has been very dry and not too talkative :roll:

I seen him up the Celtic Manor the christmas before last, and said hello at the bar and he nodded then walked off.

The only word to outline this man is 'Arrogant'

Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:12 pm

This a great post and something we always mention after the game.
Occasionaly some players clap from the centre circle and in fairness Hudson always does.
but it wouldnt hurt to walk over especialy when we are away from home. It aint just the money, its the time, missing work and getting earache off the missus!
Give us a wave lads!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:28 pm

They should walkover and clap the fans whether they win draw or lose!

If it wasn't for the fans of this club, they wouldnt be in a f*cking job! excuse my language but it gets my back up when we are forking out over £300 a season for a ticket and they can't even be arsed to come over and acknowledge that!

Im not sure whats going on behind the scenes but this is not the squad that started the season so well, their attitudes, motivation and passion has suddenly and weirdly taken a turn for the worse.

I hope like you Annis, they read this board, and put this thread to good use, as i will be paying special attention to the actions after the final whistle..... I mean why should we sing and clap then for 90 minutes if they can't come over and clap us for 9 seconds!

:(

Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:31 pm

i think especially with away games, when it's not a part of the average person's social calendar. games like peterbro on a weeknight which invariably will involve us lot having to book the day/afternoon off work, trundling hours to the other side of the country.

come over and give us a little clap and a wave, humour us like.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:42 pm

Agreed about Dave Jones. He is very anti fans with no passion. Rubs off on his players . Sometimes i hate DJ but still we need to give him to the end of the season.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:54 pm

Yeah, we're easily pleased. If I was a player, I'd milk it for all it's worth and come over at the end and do the ostentatious badge kissing, ayatollah, the full works. Unfortunately I'm crapper than a one-legged Lee Baddeley with arthritis.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:13 pm

I think it has only stopped since Jones have took over as under lennie the players would always come over to the supporters certainly away and many other teams do it even when teams lose they go over to applaud the travelling supporters

Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:46 pm

totally agree with u boss. thats the modern day footballer for you. ridiculous wages, wags etc etc. make me fuckin sick!