Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A

Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:52 am

Annis

In the same way as you feel it is unfair for people to claim that you organised the recent race night at the Ninian , can you please clarify for all your readers on here , that it was not a Trust night either (although you keep referring to it as such).

The event was a Fred Keenor statue night , as was the earlier "I`ll be there" event at the same venue. The Fred Keenor statue commitee is NOT the same thing as the Trust. The Trust , as has been explained so many times on here , has helped with some of the funding and supports the idea of the statue (as I think you currently do as well) but neither event was a Trust event nor was it intended to be.

Can you please make it clear on here as certain people seem to listen more to you than to the several detailed explanations they have already been given by others.It will help stop some of the ill informed "sniping" that is taking place .

Keith

Re: A plea to Annis

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:51 am

lol grown ass men moaning about their image. if you know the facts why do you even care what people think. both of you grow up and stop crying about "snipers"

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:52 am

Reading that long thread re this "issue" does make me rather sad. Aren't we all on the same side here - just wanting what is best for our football club. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:53 am

The Douce wrote:lol grown ass men moaning about their image. if you know the facts why do you even care what people think. both of you grow up and stop crying about "snipers"

Here come the Cavlery.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:55 am

i dont cape for anybody.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:15 pm

The Douce wrote:i dont cape for anybody.

How do you "cape" for someone and what are "grown ass men"?

The reason I have asked Annis to set the record straight is that it is his board and a lot of people believe what he says , so him giving the facts would stop all this nonsense on here.

Then perhaps we can all concentrate on the important matter of suuporting this football club of ours.

Keith

Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:15 pm

since62 wrote:Annis

In the same way as you feel it is unfair for people to claim that you organised the recent race night at the Ninian , can you please clarify for all your readers on here , that it was not a Trust night either (although you keep referring to it as such).

The event was a Fred Keenor statue night , as was the earlier "I`ll be there" event at the same venue. The Fred Keenor statue commitee is NOT the same thing as the Trust. The Trust , as has been explained so many times on here , has helped with some of the funding and supports the idea of the statue (as I think you currently do as well) but neither event was a Trust event nor was it intended to be.

Can you please make it clear on here as certain people seem to listen more to you than to the several detailed explanations they have already been given by others.It will help stop some of the ill informed "sniping" that is taking place .

Keith

I think most people understand that the Trust Committee is a different entity to the Fred Keenor Appeal Committee although confusion is definitely caused because some people serve on both committees and the Trust (mainly via you) keep boasting about receiving thank-you letters from Graham Keenor and others.

Surely you would help yourself by removing some of the confusion if you referred to the 'Fred Keenor Appeal Committee' when referring to thank-you messages?

On a brighter note Whitchurch Blue stated that £40,000 has been raised already and I personally think that is nothing short of fantastic.

Finally any chance we could have a Blue Peter style target thermometer on this site somewhere so we could hopefully see the amount rising every week?

Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:30 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Keith

I think most people understand that the Trust Committee is a different entity to the Fred Keenor Appeal Committee although confusion is definitely caused because some people serve on both committees and the Trust (mainly via you) keep boasting about receiving thank-you letters from Graham Keenor and others.

Surely you would help yourself by removing some of the confusion if you referred to the 'Fred Keenor Appeal Committee' when referring to thank-you messages?

On a brighter note Whitchurch Blue stated that £40,000 has been raised already and I personally think that is nothing short of fantastic.

Finally any chance we could have a Blue Peter style target thermometer on this site somewhere so we could hopefully see the amount rising every week?

Tony

The problem is most people on here DON`T appear to grasp the difference , including Annis who still refers to it this morning as a Trust event , which is why I have asked him to clarify the position.

Perahps I should have referred to the Keenor Committee re the thank you , but it was actually addressed to the Trust for helping with the Keenor statue in general.And it was not from Graham , who is Fred`s nephew , but Fred`s son.

Everyone deserves thanks for raising so much to date , but I think particularly David Craig and Phil Nifield who have been responsible , with CCFC itself , for raising the vast majority of the money raised .

Your barometer idea is a good one. I will E-mail David to suggest it later today (and Phil because David is not usually the best at this computer lark!).

Keith

Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:38 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

Keith

So what is the current figure raised for the statue? How much more do we need? :?

Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:00 pm

What galls me is there is a statue of Gareth Edwards in St Davids centre, one of Tasker Watkins outside the Millenium Stadium, one of Aneurin Bevan in Queen Street, and I don't remember once being asked to contribute to the fund raising for those. What fund raising?

All thought of one day, and paid for and erected the next.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:52 pm

The idea of a thermometer is an excellent one and it is an idea that has been suggested to the club because it would give fans an instant idea of how fundraising is going. As mentioned we have raised just over £40,000 out of the £85,000 which is not bad considering the appeal was only officially launched in April, although we did start some fundraising efforts before then.
If anyone knows a craftsman/company willing to make a sizeable thermometer free of charge we’d be delighted to hear from them.
We’re always looking for help and ideas to fundraise and it is disappointing that some message boarders have sought to criticise the race night event at the Ninian Park pub which raised £240! Ok it could have been more, but then the weather certainly didn’t help. Can I say once again that this event was NOT organised by the fundraising committee but we supported it by turning up and publicising in the Echo, programme, Twitter and messageboards etc. We haven’t got the manpower to be constantly organising events – we rely on people of goodwill like the landlord to do so which we then support.
We do need positive thinking and positive comments and with that in mind there’s a meeting of the FK committee on Monday at the Victoria Park pub at 7.30pm. If you want to contribute and have some good ideas we’d be delighted to see you so please step forward. You can also help out by buying a pin badge or a miniature (available at the club shop).

Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:55 pm

Danny Says wrote:What galls me is there is a statue of Gareth Edwards in St Davids centre, one of Tasker Watkins outside the Millenium Stadium, one of Aneurin Bevan in Queen Street, and I don't remember once being asked to contribute to the fund raising for those. What fund raising?

Gareth Edwards statue was paid for by the developers of St Davids centre and I think Tasker Watkins statue was paid for by WRU.
Has the FAW given any money towards the Fred Keenor appeal? I doubt it they would rather keep their money for the expenses of their committee men on away junkies.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:05 pm

ridofrid wrote:
Danny Says wrote:What galls me is there is a statue of Gareth Edwards in St Davids centre, one of Tasker Watkins outside the Millenium Stadium, one of Aneurin Bevan in Queen Street, and I don't remember once being asked to contribute to the fund raising for those. What fund raising?

Gareth Edwards statue was paid for by the developers of St Davids centre and I think Tasker Watkins statue was paid for by WRU.
Has the FAW given any money towards the Fred Keenor appeal? I doubt it they would rather keep their money for the expenses of their committee men on away junkies.

The FAW have given permission for the FK committee to have a bucket collection at the Wales v England game in March.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:10 pm

If half the people at that game give £1 we are all but done

Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:10 pm

I Told you Keith, I am NOT HAVING ANOTHER THREAD ON THE trust talking about Rubbish, I am not going to keep giving it free adverts for something I Dont believe in.I have rung you once again and as usual you wont answer the phone. :roll:

Keith,

OK SO LETS GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT YOUR NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FRED KEENOR STATUE and thats it Run by Graham Keenor.

SO THERE FOR WHAT THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU ALL DO ?

Ive answered you now, So I have removed A Plea to Annis, as the PlEA Has Been Answered :D

YOU ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS Keith, WHICH I HAVE NOW ASKED YOU FOR THE 17th TIme.

What Do The trust DO ?
What Have you Achieved ?
Whats your plans for the Future ?
What do you really stand for ?

Please dont say read the leaflet, because that does NOT ANSWER THE QUESTIONS. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:17 pm

since62 wrote:

The reason I have asked Annis to set the record straight is that it is his board and a lot of people believe what he says , so him giving the facts would stop all this nonsense on here.

Then perhaps we can all concentrate on the important matter of suuporting this football club of ours.

Keith

Keith,

OK SO LETS GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT YOUR NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FRED KEENOR STATUE and thats is Run by Graham Keenor.

SO THERE FOR WHAT THE BLOODY HELL DO YOU ALL DO ?

YOU ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS Keith, WHICH I HAVE NOW ASKED YOU FOR THE 17th TIme.

What Do The trust DO ?
What Have you Achieved ?
Whats your plans for the Future ?
What do you really stand for ?

Please dont say read the leaflet, because that does NOT ANSWER THE QUESTIONS. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:23 pm

Annis sorry but i have to ask this !! its a serious matter and much more important than the trust and i want an honest answer. And dont say read my books !! :o :lol: Why do you keep posting the same message twice ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:26 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Annis sorry but i have to ask this !! its a serious matter and much more important than the trust and i want an honest answer. And dont say read my books !! :o :lol: Why do you keep posting the same message twice ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Because they wont Answer the first one, BUT YOUR Right They Honestly Bore me Now and I Cant Be Bothered evening reading anything to do with them anymore. They are better of on the other mb :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN TALKING ABOUT THEM ANYMORE AS TO ME THEY DONT STAND FOR ANYTHING, END OFF.

Once again another Farce about the trust, Please post on the other mb, if you want to promote them.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:44 pm

Just for clarification the next meeting of the FK committee is Monday, December 6th.
For information the regular attendees of the committee are David Craig, myself Phillip Nifield, Graham Keenor, Mike Inker and Mike Maher.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:50 pm

Now I am totally confused , why has this turned into a "highest pissing on the wall " competition.

Credit to everyone who is involved with raising funds !!

Remember a divided team ultimately falls !!

Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:34 pm

since62 wrote:

Keith

caping for someone is a term used for someone rushing to aid another... like a hero.. hence the cape.
grown ass man, refers too a man, who is a grown up..and an ass? (see mirror for example)

as for coming on here and making a "plea" to annis, your just making yourself look desperate and any other stories about you guys more believable.

there is no backbone in the trust, and the more you post, the more evident that becomes.