Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Big thank you from a steward.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:16 pm

I started the game working on the turnstiles on south africa road where i met carl. At kick off i moved up to the upper tier where it was a scene of chaos, with QPR stewards screaming and shouting at our fans, so that was me off to work from the start. I just want to say to all the fans I spoke to, thank you for your patience and giving me time to deal with what were some impossible situations and realising how difficult a situation I was in trying to persuade the qpr stewards not to throw out half the stand. Again many thanks and lets get 3 points against Preston :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Big thank you from a steward.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:35 pm

i can only imagine how hard it is to control 2500 fans, in shitty old stand. with the bar and toilet areas about as wide as my hall way. went for a piss at half time, how a full on riot didnt happen il never know. people pushing one way then people pushing the other, and a few police in the middle getting agressive with anyone. as soon as they moved so did the queues :?

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:00 pm

nice to meet you yesterday jonny i was the other bloke with a child, at the turnstiles with carl.
yeh it was manic in the upper tier.
what i didnt undestand was one of our stewards telling me to stop waving my flag or i would get thrown out of the ground? saying that message had come from the control room ??

what part of a yellow smiley flag is offencive ?????

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:05 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:nice to meet you yesterday jonny i was the other bloke with a child, at the turnstiles with carl.
yeh it was manic in the upper tier.
what i didnt undestand was one of our stewards telling me to stop waving my flag or i would get thrown out of the ground? saying that message had come from the control room ??

what part of a yellow smiley flag is offencive ?????

well that sounds daft i would have laughed that off, but the qpr stewards were very heavy handed and i put in alot of compliants about it.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:29 pm

as i said it was a ccfc steward but he was just passing on a message, im baffled by it.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:35 pm

The Premier 1 wrote:as i said it was a ccfc steward but he was just passing on a message, im baffled by it.

yeah qpr stewards learnt very quickly that if you want to speak to our fans do it through our stewards, but picking on a flag is just stupid

Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:50 pm

Very suprised some of there stewards didn't get a slap :roll:

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:07 pm

we had problems last season involving flags. :roll:

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:19 pm

hirwaunbluebird wrote:we had problems last season involving flags. :roll:

Yeah that mexican QPR fan got told to take his down as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:30 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
hirwaunbluebird wrote:we had problems last season involving flags. :roll:

Yeah that mexican QPR fan got told to take his down as well :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some arse infront of me (who also decided to tell my girlfriend to shut up because she was shouting for our team), tried lecturing me by telling me that Mexican with the sombrero was Moroccan...some morons we have as fans.

Tthe steward in our block was sound. It's all about how you talk to people.