Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Question Regarding January Transfer Funds.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:30 pm

Carl has stated in his updates there will be transfer funds available for team strengthening in the January transfer window. I think we have a good squad at the moment and only need a few players centre half is a must.

Question is would you be happy if 800k (this is figure i believe it would cost) was used to pay off Dave jones and then we could get in a manager with a bit of passion and someone who acknowledges us fans and not treat us with contempt.

What is everyones thoughts? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Question Regarding January Transfer Funds.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:38 pm

im not a big fan of changing management teams half way through a season, if the board didnt think DJ could get us to the prem they would have found someone last summer, if DJ doesnt get us to the prem fine sack him you will have no complaints from me, but wait till the end of the season as i think the transition period between managers will cost us our promotion.

Re: Question Regarding January Transfer Funds.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:39 pm

Interesting question, & one that has also crossed my mind. Such a move would, i suspect, be a statement of intent from VT & the rest of our bod. I suspect DJ knows he has untill the end of this season to achieve promotion. This has got to be the minimum objective in the business plan.