A forum for all things Cardiff City

Reality check , we are not great

Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:16 pm

We desperately need a new centre half and full backs ,It s ok saying we are
still second but all these dropped points could come back to haunt us at the ,
end of the season .

Re: Reality check , we are not great

Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:32 pm

No one seems to realise what has happened since the Leeds game. Why are we playing like indiviuals ? Why is it Jones always seems to be involved in unrest. If he cannot pull this team together as his teams has a history of unrest

Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:41 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:No one seems to realise what has happened since the Leeds game. Why are we playing like indiviuals ? Why is it Jones always seems to be involved in unrest. If he cannot pull this team together as his teams has a history of unrest

i agree i am fan of jones but your right all his sides he had have splinters in. i think since bellamy has come along it made other players go ' we have to match bellamy ability, you mite think i am bonkers but name me one player who can match bellamy ability fitness ( when he gets back 100 percent) and reading of the game. noticed it yest .he seems to me 1 step ahead of the rest.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:46 pm

Against forest I agree we played like individuals but I didnt think we did against QPR, I came away dissapointed with the result but not particularly the performance. I thought as a team we passed it a lot better then QPR.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:51 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:No one seems to realise what has happened since the Leeds game. Why are we playing like indiviuals ? Why is it Jones always seems to be involved in unrest. If he cannot pull this team together as his teams has a history of unrest

i agree i am fan of jones but your right all his sides he had have splinters in. i think since bellamy has come along it made other players go ' we have to match bellamy ability, you mite think i am bonkers but name me one player who can match bellamy ability fitness ( when he gets back 100 percent) and reading of the game. noticed it yest .he seems to me 1 step ahead of the rest.

Yeah there was one fantastic run by Bellamy when Mcnaughton had possession he looked up Bellers had gone into space and super Kev played it sideways. He is one step ahead of our players he is making the runs that he did for Man City but then there players always found him. We dont have that quality I'm afraid and i do feel for Bellers. That is what should be worked on in training.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:57 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
bluebirds23 wrote:

Yeah there was one fantastic run by Bellamy when Mcnaughton had possession he looked up Bellers had gone into space and super Kev played it sideways. He is one step ahead of our players he is making the runs that he did for Man City but then there players always found him. We dont have that quality I'm afraid and i do feel for Bellers. That is what should be worked on in training.

Completely agree with you, a few times yesterday Bellers came deep, waited for the ball and rather than play a basic pass, flicked into space - but of course, no one else was on the same wavelength. The rest of the team seem programmed to do the same things over and over, it's not working anymore because we've been found out.

Whatever way you have the formation, we seem to end up doing the same things lately - we're lethargic as f**k, hoofing the ball, oli keeping it for too long because he's looking to play killer passes, if we can't get it through the middle then we go down the wings, and repeat. Needs to be far more intelligence in our play - part of me feels DJ might have killed that type of instinct that players need to be able to get into positions for bellamys run, passes etc.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:07 pm

i agree i am fan of jones but your right all his sides he had have splinters in. i think since bellamy has come along it made other players go ' we have to match bellamy ability, you mite think i am bonkers but name me one player who can match bellamy ability fitness ( when he gets back 100 percent) and reading of the game. noticed it yest .he seems to me 1 step ahead of the rest.[/quote]
Yeah there was one fantastic run by Bellamy when Mcnaughton had possession he looked up Bellers had gone into space and super Kev played it sideways. He is one step ahead of our players he is making the runs that he did for Man City but then there players always found him. We dont have that quality I'm afraid and i do feel for Bellers. That is what should be worked on in training.[/quote]
Completely agree with you, a few times yesterday Bellers came deep, waited for the ball and rather than play a basic pass, flicked into space - but of course, no one else was on the same wavelength. The rest of the team seem programmed to do the same things over and over, it's not working anymore because we've been found out.

Whatever way you have the formation, we seem to end up doing the same things lately - we're lethargic as f**k, hoofing the ball, oli keeping it for too long because he's looking to play killer passes, if we can't get it through the middle then we go down the wings, and repeat. Needs to be far more intelligence in our play - part of me feels DJ might have killed that type of instinct that players need to be able to get into positions for bellamys run, passes etc.[/quote]
Spot on Chief :ayatollah: