Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Options if DJ 'Did Go'.........

Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:30 am

Completely agree with Annis' earlier post about passion in a manager.....when you see Warnock screaming and DJ and Burton with thier hands on thier chin thinking what the feck to do next !!!....makes you wonder where's the passion !!

If he went (and I think he should) ..Id like to see the following names in the Hat...

Martin O'Neil........but that's just a dream !!
Steve Coppel.......there's something I like about him
John Toshack.......In all fairness to him he'll try new things...and did he ever have the respect of all the Welsh players

Any other options out there ?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Options if DJ 'Did Go'.........

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:30 am

More likely options - southgate, Sousa, Sanchez, pardew, megson, curbishley, dowie

Don't fancy any of these over dj.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:37 am

only O NEIL, but dont really think he can cope with big players..

as for the other two-a big NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:38 am

We will be having managers lining up to join us if DJ is sacked or goes. That includes managers at clubs as well as those out of work.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:45 am

I WOULDNT BE too sure about that..

why come to a club who loses its manager when they are 2nd in chapionship, shows that there is something wrong within the club....maybe too much pressure on DJ and the players,
if its true that the malaysians have only said that money will be available if we are top 2 in jan then I am seriously starting to think if their involvement is in the best interest of Cardiff City f c

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:53 am

langley wrote:I WOULDNT BE too sure about that..

why come to a club who loses its manager when they are 2nd in chapionship, shows that there is something wrong within the club....maybe too much pressure on DJ and the players,
if its true that the malaysians have only said that money will be available if we are top 2 in jan then I am seriously starting to think if their involvement is in the best interest of Cardiff City f c

These options are only in place if DJ is still in place. If we get a new manager then it will be a different ball game.

Regarding lsascking DJ in 2nd place, well Boro had no problem replacing Southgate did they. If we go down that route I hope we are a bit more successful in getting the right manager. Thats the risk you take but if it looks like we are going to blow it thats the gamble you have to do.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:57 am

and look what happened to Boro..

jope DJ doesnt leave us, that would be a disaster.
if at end of season and we are still in Championship, wont be just DJ going..

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:59 am

As I said thats the risk you take.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:46 am

i would love to see phill brown

Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:55 am

langley wrote:I WOULDNT BE too sure about that..

I think your wrong. Football managers are just like anyone else in football.
they have eyes. They will all be wondering why a side like ours isnt ten points
clear at the top. THEN they'd be looking at Hudson/Naylor thinking..." I wouldnt
have bought them!".. THEN... they'd be convincing themselves that they would
do a far better job. THEN they'd start thinking who they could buy in if they
got the job.....No manager in this division would be wary of coming to a ground
where he knows he will get 23,000 punters every week.

What the Malaysians have said more or less is: They dont trust Dave jones to spend
their money. If we are right up there come January, they will be willing to underpin
the promotion push with a few million. But if not, they dont have faith enough in the
manager to deliver