Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whats happened to the basics.........

Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:24 am

Last few games I have noticed that Cardiff have not been anywhere near as good as they have been at retaining the ball, and knocking it about.....

We have simply been giving the ball away far too easily, not closing down the opposition quickly enough, and there must be tired heads/eyes at the back because other teams are playing simple passes through that the defense should be cutting out with ease!

We seem to hav lost all momentum the last month (a regular November occurence it seems!) maybe something is going on in training? have there been changes etc etc.... But this is NOT the Cardiff I was watching a month ago!

Dave Jones needs to give the players a kick up the arse, Olly, Bellamy Jay Whitts Hudson and especially Naylor have become complacent and their standards have dropped 10 fold! Its not on....

I want the Cardiff back that thrashed Leeds Utd.......

QPR werent all that yesterday, we had the opportunities to win with plenty of missed chances to not even worry about penalty decisions.

:(

Re: Whats happened to the basics.........

Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:53 am

Merlin wrote:Last few games I have noticed that Cardiff have not been anywhere near as good as they have been at retaining the ball, and knocking it about.....

We have simply been giving the ball away far too easily, not closing down the opposition quickly enough, and there must be tired heads/eyes at the back because other teams are playing simple passes through that the defense should be cutting out with ease!

We seem to hav lost all momentum the last month (a regular November occurence it seems!) maybe something is going on in training? have there been changes etc etc.... But this is NOT the Cardiff I was watching a month ago!

Dave Jones needs to give the players a kick up the arse, Olly, Bellamy Jay Whitts Hudson and especially Naylor have become complacent and their standards have dropped 10 fold! Its not on....

I want the Cardiff back that thrashed Leeds Utd.......
when we played thejacks our passing was that bad,i honestly thought that there was something wrong with the ball :(
QPR werent all that yesterday, we had the opportunities to win with plenty of missed chances to not even worry about penalty decisions.

:(