Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why has Whitts been playing CM?

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:20 pm

Noticed over the past couple of games he plays in the middle. Today with H20 pushed out wide.

Surely he is better running at people out wide. He's not exactlly one for getting stuck in which is needed in the middle.

Whats happened to the 4-4-2 with 2 wide men which served us well at the start of the season? This 5 in the middle and one up front is shite. Jay, Chopra, Koumas, or H20 aren't wingers for FFS

Re: Why has Whitts been playing CM?

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:28 pm

imo whitts played really well today

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:34 pm

Cardiff Crazy wrote:Noticed over the past couple of games he plays in the middle. Today with H20 pushed out wide.

Surely he is better running at people out wide. He's not exactlly one for getting stuck in which is needed in the middle.

Whats happened to the 4-4-2 with 2 wide men which served us well at the start of the season? This 5 in the middle and one up front is shite. Jay, Chopra, Koumas, or H20 aren't wingers for FFS

Jones seems to be experimenting with playing people out of position and it's not working.

Chops out wide against the Jacks,Danny out wide today, Hudson every game at centre back( :lol: ).

The idea of Whitts running at people did give me a giggle though.He has to be the slowest winger ever. Can play a great pass but rarely takes on or beats anyone.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:48 am

I thought Witts played well today as well, I think he is a far far better player in CM than LM

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:53 am

2blue2handle wrote:I thought Witts played well today as well, I think he is a far far better player in CM than LM

i agree with that. but when h20 is fully fit, i wouldnt pick whits.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:16 am

I like Drinks but I think together with Oli they lack any sort of creativity like second half at forest.
IMO McPhail or Witts have to play CM

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:19 am

2blue2handle wrote:I like Drinks but I think together with Oli they lack any sort of creativity like second half at forest.
IMO McPhail or Witts have to play CM

yeh there is that, but with what we have upfront and out wide, 2 gritty ball winners in the middle would make me feel better :D

(one day we will agree on something) :lol:

Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:21 am

NEVER :lol: :D :twisted:

DJ did try 4-5-1 a few times earlier in the season with Burke Drinks Witts Oli Bellamy and then Jay upfront on his own, Im not sure it totally worked but in certain games I wouldnt mind seeing him try that again in tougher games