Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

OT Help please - anyone ever rejected a car?

Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:55 pm

I bought a 207 Peugeot 58 plate. It was a good price and I was desperate. When I bought it the company (Cars for cost in Leicester) said it was an ex fleet car. When I got the car the gearbox was quite clunky going into 2nd. There was also a noise apparent on the passenger side. When I came back to Cardiff last week there was a big smell of gas. I booked it into peugeot up here and they had a look and it is apparent the gearbox was screwed. Luckily it is under warranty so they are sorting it however they also said that the brake discs are below minimum and need changing. They also mentioned that it was an ex driving school car which was definitely not mentioned when I bought it.

Some people have mentioned that I can reject it. Has anyone done that? Do you know what to do?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Re: OT Help please - anyone ever rejected a car?

Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:57 pm

maccydee wrote:I bought a 207 Peugeot 58 plate. It was a good price and I was desperate. When I bought it the company (Cars for cost in Leicester) said it was an ex fleet car. When I got the car the gearbox was quite clunky going into 2nd. There was also a noise apparent on the passenger side. When I came back to Cardiff last week there was a big smell of gas. I booked it into peugeot up here and they had a look and it is apparent the gearbox was screwed. Luckily it is under warranty so they are sorting it however they also said that the brake discs are below minimum and need changing. They also mentioned that it was an ex driving school car which was definitely not mentioned when I bought it.

Some people have mentioned that I can reject it. Has anyone done that? Do you know what to do?

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Neil, Ring me Tomorrow, I will try and Help you :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:59 pm

Cheers Annis. You rejected a car?

It's a right pain in the arse as we need a car cos Em can't get to work otherwise but am only here until end of Feb before going to Cyprus. That's why we rushed into this one.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:01 pm

just reject it get all your money back and tell them under trading standards law it must be fit for purpose ( my brother in law is a trading standered top notch) any probs let me :ayatollah: know

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:02 pm

maccydee wrote:Cheers Annis. You rejected a car?

It's a right pain in the arse as we need a car cos Em can't get to work otherwise but am only here until end of Feb before going to Cyprus. That's why we rushed into this one.

I use to Sell Cars lol

No serious We use too own garages.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:03 pm

Is there a rule I can use? Do I have to give it back straight away? If I do that Monday I will be stranded in Leicester without a car.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:05 pm

maccydee wrote:Is there a rule I can use? Do I have to give it back straight away? If I do that Monday I will be stranded in Leicester without a car.

Neil, Yes You have to " Immediately " take it back, hire a car and Sue them for the Hire car in civil court.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:Is there a rule I can use? Do I have to give it back straight away? If I do that Monday I will be stranded in Leicester without a car.

Neil, Yes You have to " Immediately " take it back, hire a car and Sue them for the Hire car in civil court.

I bought it 6 or 7 weeks ago and only started seeing the problems recently. However it was only last tuesday I found out it was an ex driving school car and apparently that gives you 6 months to take it back.

I'll ring you tomorrow mate.

Thanks a lot.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:13 pm

maccydee wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I bought it 6 or 7 weeks ago and only started seeing the problems recently. However it was only last tuesday I found out it was an ex driving school car and apparently that gives you 6 months to take it back.

I'll ring you tomorrow mate.

Thanks a lot.

Yes will explain on phone :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:15 pm

There's some info here: bbc.co.uk/wales/x-ray/x_guides/cars/car1-2.shtml

As long as the garage can't prove that the issues you've had weren't present when the car was sold, you should be able to reject the car. I think the garage can offer to fix the issue rather than take the car back, but there should be plenty of decent info on the net.