Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" DJ Record For Points In November "

Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:05 pm

Well yet another November has gone by and our team has won just 4 points during the month, which is an improvement on last year when we won just one point. But if you go back through his entire time at the club 8 points is the most we have ever won in November.

DJ would have us believe there is nothing in this particular statistic but it does keep on happening, Why :?:

This is just another statistic which DJ would have us believe means nothing but with Christmas coming soon here is another statistic which I'm sure DJ would say means absolutely nothing, but it is a FACT that we have never won a Boxing Day fixture since DJ has been at the club. Why's that then :?:

It's nothing to do with our club as strangely enough he lost all Boxing Day games whilst he was at Wolves, Boxing Day games are always big fixtures, local derby type of fixtures but 3 of the games in his time here have been against Plymouth at home and we've lost 2 and drawn 1. :o :o

So in his last 2 jobs he has not won a single Boxing Day fixture. strange for a manager with such strong reputation.

Anyone fancy predicting the result for Coventry at home on 26th December but I shouldn't think like this because this type of statistic means nothing really. A bit like we have always had a bad February since he's been at the club and then again I won't mention they way we finish the season.

Anyone really fancy our chances of promotion afterall our first hiccup of the season has arrived bang on target :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: DJ Record For Points In November

Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:41 pm

strange how these things work but not necessarily DJ's fault We havent won on boxing day since 99 so it goes further back than DJ's tenure. As far as November is concerned then it was always likely to be our toughest month given the fixtures that we had

Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:48 pm

machen_blue wrote:strange how these things work but not necessarily DJ's fault We havent won on boxing day since 99 so it goes further back than DJ's tenure. As far as November is concerned then it was always likely to be our toughest month given the fixtures that we had

How do you think we will do in February ? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:49 pm

machen_blue wrote:strange how these things work but not necessarily DJ's fault We havent won on boxing day since 99 so it goes further back than DJ's tenure. As far as November is concerned then it was always likely to be our toughest month given the fixtures that we had

If Were Promoted Dave Jones takes The Crown and The Glory, If We Fail, He takes The Flak, Simple.
For the 6th year Running they are His Players,His Tactics,They play to his Formations,They Dont have Passion Due to his lack of Passion. Sorry I only Blame DJ,Def Not the Players.

This month One win out of 5 Games, I am Worried Big Time about April/May, Not Really Nov.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

If Were Promoted Dave Jones takes The Crown and The Glory, If We Fail, He takes The Flak, Simple.
For the 6th year Running they are His Players,His Tactics,They play to his Formations,They Dont have Passion Due to his lack of Passion. Sorry I only Blame DJ,Def Not the Players.

This month One win out of 5 Games, I am Worried Big Time about April/May, Not Really Nov.

i blame both if they both can't do it then we will struggle.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:58 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

i blame both if they both can't do it then we will struggle.

But They are DJ's players and if Man Utd Mess up, YOU BLAME FERGUSON,in my Opinion.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:00 pm

But They are DJ's players and if Man Utd Mess up, YOU BLAME FERGUSON,in my Opinion.[/quote]

people have dif opinion my opinion we still 2nd 3 points ahead of rest of the pack. bit luck with jacks yest, bring on preston Saturday

Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:03 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I watched the game on a live feed today and I must say we gave it a real go but after a good first half it was yet another no show in the 2nd. Jay and Craig had to work off scraps and we were sitting so deep we were always going to concede but IMO the game was lost the moment DJ took DD off and replaced him with Koumas as this had the affect of leaving Naylor completely exposed.

And whilst QPR pressed our players all over the pitch we only pressed the panic button as without DD this left Oli as the only midfield player prepared to put his foot in. Any team with Whitts and Koumas in it is always going to struggle as they are both luxury players who need others to do the dirty work for them.

Another big DJ tactical mistake in my opinion and sadly there will be more to come, your not alone being worried Annis. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " DJ Record For Points In November "

Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:05 pm

i am fan of jones, but fair play we my aswell get rid of jones now no 1 is happy with him going by this board.. never mind bring on sat

Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

was that really a response to my post?

Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:11 pm

its a big concern to me as with the squad we have now we shouldnt be having bad runs a loss yes but not a few games lost today however we were just beaten by a better team that got that break it was a good game however besides scunthorp we have been terrible very poor against Forest and Swansea .

Will it make any difference if we bring in players in January Jones could buy a few jokes like Gypes Hudson & Riggot, Riggot has not even played yet what a disaster that has been lets not forget Fowler bryne taiwo cuminges and many more what if we get promoted and we have a bad november again playing the likes of Bolton Man U Arsenal & Spurs if you get in a rut in the premiership you are going down end of and could lose by 6 or 7 nil.

So I am a bit worried but if you think about it I never in my life time thought I would be disapointed after being in a fa cup final been to wembley 3 times and still second with a good chance of promotion to the premiership ,if any of you told me that in 1995 I would have asked where you get your drugs from as I want some :lol:

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:20 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:But They are DJ's players and if Man Utd Mess up, YOU BLAME FERGUSON,in my Opinion.

people have dif opinion my opinion we still 2nd 3 points ahead of rest of the pack. bit luck with jacks yest, bring on preston Saturday[/quote]

Bluebird, I agree and totally respect your Opinion, But All I am Saying here is we have been here many times before, This is DJ's 6th Season, Like Jason Perry said Great Managers Win Promotions and Cups, DJ has Won one promotion in about 16 years. I just Believe he Bottles it .

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:23 pm

castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I watched the game on a live feed today and I must say we gave it a real go but after a good first half it was yet another no show in the 2nd. Jay and Craig had to work off scraps and we were sitting so deep we were always going to concede but IMO the game was lost the moment DJ took DD off and replaced him with Koumas as this had the affect of leaving Naylor completely exposed.

And whilst QPR pressed our players all over the pitch we only pressed the panic button as without DD this left Oli as the only midfield player prepared to put his foot in. Any team with Whitts and Koumas in it is always going to struggle as they are both luxury players who need others to do the dirty work for them.

Another big DJ tactical mistake in my opinion and sadly there will be more to come, your not alone being worried Annis. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

The prob is DJ Really worries Me with Arrogance and His Stubbornness, Plus he Bottles the Final Hurdles, HE HAS THE BEST TEAM IN THIS DIVISION BY FAR.He has to Win Promotion at His 6th Attempt.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:02 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:i am fan of jones, but fair play we my aswell get rid of jones now no 1 is happy with him going by this board.. never mind bring on sat

Just Different opinions, Everyone is Stressed out. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:36 am

Im kind of wondering how people say ""its nothing to do wit the manager or is it his fault all the time"" wake up i mean if any walk of life goes to work 40hrs a week and does something wrong whos fault is that eg/im a foreman of alot of bricklayers if they f**k up i face the brunt of it so please stop defending this one trick pony who dont really give a toss about the fans even his after match interview he blames the pen that should have been what about "pressure the ball from the back" or "maybe i messed up on the subs" but no not that idiot its always another reason or one player its running thin like my hair line i really dont know how much more i can take of his inept ability to show us something during a big game.I have got garden furnature that moves and shows more emotion than him on the side lines its killing me watching city these days:oops:

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:54 am

bluebird1977 wrote:Im kind of wondering how people say ""its nothing to do wit the manager or is it his fault all the time"" wake up i mean if any walk of life goes to work 40hrs a week and does something wrong whos fault is that eg/im a foreman of alot of bricklayers if they f**k up i face the brunt of it so please stop defending this one trick pony who dont really give a toss about the fans even his after match interview he blames the pen that should have been what about "pressure the ball from the back" or "maybe i messed up on the subs" but no not that idiot its always another reason or one player its running thin like my hair line i really dont know how much more i can take of his inept ability to show us something during a big game.I have got garden furnature that moves and shows more emotion than him on the side lines its killing me watching city these days:oops:

good post :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:33 am

Here is another fact that relates to November. The last 2 seasons our November bad run has started when we have lost to the Jacks. "Just another game" says DJ. :roll:

Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:59 am

bluebird1977 wrote:Im kind of wondering how people say ""its nothing to do wit the manager or is it his fault all the time"" wake up i mean if any walk of life goes to work 40hrs a week and does something wrong whos fault is that eg/im a foreman of alot of bricklayers if they f**k up i face the brunt of it so please stop defending this one trick pony who dont really give a toss about the fans even his after match interview he blames the pen that should have been what about "pressure the ball from the back" or "maybe i messed up on the subs" but no not that idiot its always another reason or one player its running thin like my hair line i really dont know how much more i can take of his inept ability to show us something during a big game.I have got garden furnature that moves and shows more emotion than him on the side lines its killing me watching city these days:oops:

Great post says it all :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:00 pm

Im just a realist and it amazes me why people are blinded with the "Blame the players trick and not the manager" errrr aint they ALL his players he brought in :? :?

Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:49 pm

over the last 3 or 4 seasons we have played the jacks 1st week of november as far as i know. and have usually lost. then the rot starts. (im sure someone will point the true stats out but im not gunu trawl the archives :lol:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:46 am

milly44 wrote:over the last 3 or 4 seasons we have played the jacks 1st week of november as far as i know. and have usually lost. then the rot starts. (im sure someone will point the true stats out but im not gunu trawl the archives :lol:

nothing supprises me

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:27 pm

I cant believe i've been watching the same team as I saw in Leeds afew weeks back.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:37 pm

Every new season, first match without fail I say "right b@llocks to superstitions, conspiracy theories and all that malarkey."

How can what I wear or eat on or do matchday, or where I park, and what month it is have anything to do how 22 players and the officials are going to perform?

Like how can if the game is on BBC should that affect the result - when did we win a BBC live game?

Why do we always lose a live streaming on an away game?

Why can we never win on boxing day?

This season I have gone out of my way to break my superstitions.

But as this season has gone on, I just cannot help myself wondering. :shock:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:19 pm

if i baked a cake and i put flour sugar butter and eggs in that order
and it turned out shite, then on the next atempt
i put flour sugar butter and eggs in that order and suprise!! suprise!! its shite again.
i know what your thinking who the f*** is this idiot.
or does it remind you of dave jonses tactics :(