Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Naylor= Usless

Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:58 pm

At fault for the goal and stupid challenge at the end because he knew he was done nearly cost a third! Nuff said.

Oli doesn't seem to be on form at the minute but other than that not a bad performance I thought. Fair result against a very good team

Re: Naylor= Usless

Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:27 pm

Thought he was one of our best defenders yesterday, made a number of top challanges and only started to struggle when he had JK in front of him.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Thought he was one of our best defenders yesterday, made a number of top challanges and only started to struggle when he had JK in front of him.

Dave Jones was afraid to put the Championships best player in his normal position
on the wing because he needed another more defensive minded player in front of
Naylor. Thus negating our attacking options because he had no faith in our defensive
ones.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:58 pm

taffyapple wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Thought he was one of our best defenders yesterday, made a number of top challanges and only started to struggle when he had JK in front of him.

Dave Jones was afraid to put the Championships best player in his normal position
Naylor. Thus negating our attacking options because he had no faith in our defensive
ones.

I dont think of it like that.
Walker is one of, if not the most attacking RB in the division so IMO Jones totally made the right decision to help out Naylor. If he played Bellamy wide he would have to be tracking back every time Walker went forward which was at every opportunity which would have been a total waste of Bellamys talent and we wouldnt have seen enough of his attacking ability. I thought it worked a treat until he subbed him for Koumas who offers nothing.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:02 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

ones.

I dont think of it like that.
Walker is one of, if not the most attacking RB in the division so IMO Jones totally made the right decision to help out Naylor. If he played Bellamy wide he would have to be tracking back every time Walker went forward which was at every opportunity which would have been a total waste of Bellamys talent and we wouldnt have seen enough of his attacking ability. I thought it worked a treat until he subbed him for Koumas who offers nothing.

Flip side to that coin:

bellamy playing wide.

Warnock tells Walker not to neglect his defensive duties cos he's got Bellamy behind
him!!!.... Are we now so negative that we shift one of Britains best wingers out
of position because we're afraid of a right back giving our left back a hard time??

Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:06 pm

Maybe its risky though especially if as you say Naylor is such a weak link.
As ive said I think the starting 11 was spot on, Bellamy was a constant threat upfront in the first half. I was very happy with DJ's selection to start with even if I do greatly disagree with the subs

Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:07 pm

Blake useless as well :shock:

Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:09 pm

I wouldn't say useless and definitely an upgrade on Capaldi and Kennedy of last season.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:19 pm

Naylor & Blake to blame for their second goal. Naylor been weakest link all season and teams are capitalising on it . An Oak tree can move faster than our defence. Lucky if we make the play-off's

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:15 pm

I thought Kennedy was absolutely useless last season but I'm beginning to hanker for his return - just shows how shit Naylor is.

It only takes most teams about twenty minutes to identify him as the weakest link in a poor back line and to target him.

That supposed tackle on Taarabt for their second goal was a disgrace.If he couldn't win the ball he should have flattened him. A booking (or even Naylor sent off :lol: ) would have been worth it to stop the threat.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:17 pm

He never seems to accept any blame either - seen him blame others in the backline for a few goals/mistakes this season that were actually his.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:09 pm

:ayatollah:
Last edited by ashccfc on Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:10 pm

we need competition at the back so they all up their game or lose their places. our players seem to be so comfortable in their roles and competition would be healthy IMO