Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

RACE NIGHT'S BOOST FOR KEENOR FUND

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:14 am

The following Press release has been issued by the Fred Keenor Statue Appeal Committee:

A race night held at the Ninian Park pub in aid of the Fred Keenor Statue Fund raised £240 for the appeal.

The appeal committee would like to thank those who braved the appalling weather to support the event at the iconic Cardiff City fans’ pub. It was a good fun night and everyone who turned up enjoyed it.

Appeal project manager David Craig said: “We’d like to particularly thank the owner of the Ninian Park pub Jon Bassett and the landlord Peter Warry for putting on this event for the appeal.

“We’re very grateful when City fans make the effort to organise their own fundraiser for the appeal.”

Re: RACE NIGHT'S BOOST FOR KEENOR FUND

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:17 am

How much has the statue appeal now raised and how much do we need to get?

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:26 am

we never see numbers, they'll lace thier own pockets no dout

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:31 am

Wouldn't surprise me if Ridsdale has linked up a direct debit!

Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:17 am

Ben wrote:we never see numbers, they'll lace thier own pockets no dout

It has got to be said Ben.

You really are genuinely thick aren`t you?

You are claiming that the Fred Keenor appeal people (because that is who the event was organised by , not the Trust that you are always so keen to have an uneducated go against) are pocketing the money from such events and that "we never see numbers".

So in one badly worded sentence you manage to insult all that were involved in the event , including the landlord of the Ninian I assume. Not surprising from the man who posters on here may remember thought it was amusing to wish someone to die in a car crash because they didn`t agree with his views!!

The facts are that the Keenor fund account for every single penny they raise and often publish the figures for all to see on various websites.But then you probably wouldn`t understand the information even if you bothered to read it .

By the way , who are the "we" you refer to? And the word is doubt - I have no idea what "dout" is.

Don`t you think (well actually you don`t ever think do you?) that you owe an apology to the Keenor committe , including Fred`s nephew Graham , for what you have so wrongly accused them of?

Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:41 am

woooow lets post a intelligent reply, that will make me look cool :roll: its wasted with me, jog on son

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27297 :D