Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

20555-555 driver 71

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:47 am

anyone know driver 71 on all the fives? rang company and this is the ID they gave me.

had a lift in the back last night from copthorne about 1.30am, had my wallet when i got into the taxi but cant find this morning looked high & low even retraced my steps outside.

feel gutted had a significant amount of cash. i have already cancelled my cards. was supposed to give the cash to my mrs today for xmas shopping for the kids

its a longshot posting this i know but have nothing to lose

heres hoping for 3 points today, reallly need that to cheer me up at the moment

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: 20555-555 driver 71

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:43 am

hi mate sorry bout ure loss .

im a driver with same company and our drivers are on the whole genuine guys and im sure if he finds ure wallet he will hand it in.

however from experience the drivers dont actually check for lost property ie phones wallets etc after each fare i know i dont usually find stuff till next working day wen i clean the cab.

also as he prob had no idea that it was there u also have to take into account the possibility that one of his next customers couldve spotted it and thought BINGO .

hope u get it back m8 but if u dont it doesnt mean the driver has nicked it .

Re: 20555-555 driver 71

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:57 am

rhysH wrote:hi mate sorry bout ure loss .

im a driver with same company and our drivers are on the whole genuine guys and im sure if he finds ure wallet he will hand it in.

however from experience the drivers dont actually check for lost property ie phones wallets etc after each fare i know i dont usually find stuff till next working day wen i clean the cab.

also as he prob had no idea that it was there u also have to take into account the possibility that one of his next customers couldve spotted it and thought BINGO .

hope u get it back m8 but if u dont it doesnt mean the driver has nicked it .

Lol, sticking together there! He never insinuated such a thing! In all truth, I've had a good relationship with all the 5s and I am sure if they find it you'll get it back. Saying that, like Rhys said, the chances of him finding it before a previous fare are very small. That's even if you lost it in the car and it didn't fall out as you got out.