Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: FRIDAY 26th NOVEMBER 2010 UPDATE

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:59 pm

ninianblue wrote:thanks carl,, this chopra thing is still getting me, hes looking after himself, ok , i hope we get money in jan, get another striker and chopra never plays again, as for india-cardiff connections, bolloxs, :evil:

Not so sure about India-Cardiff connections,check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at1Xdqqs7JI :D :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:04 pm

carl, hes a championship player, not a premiership player, the only way chopra is going to play in the prem ,is, with cardiff, we will give him a chance, no team in the prem will buy him, as, he has been there and failed :roll:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:08 pm

good video, where was it filmed, riverside? :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:27 pm

carlccfc wrote:I have chatted with Sam Hammam this week and I can deliver the words that I suspect many of you will want to hear, Sam told me " it is time to move on for the good of the club and it's supporters, I will always love the club and the fans, but it is in the best interest of everybody if it is settled and I want it to be ended next month ".

You're not wrong there Carl.

Glad Sam sees sense and I'd offer an indirect thanks to him for that - as long as he lives by that statement I cannot fault him!! :ayatollah:

As for Burkie's family situation, I desperately hope that all sorts itself out because he's massive for us, the fans love him and sing his name louder than anyone else's on a match day (except perhaps Jay's) and I would love him to stay.

Cheers Carl, let's hope the good start to the weekend keeps going!! :ayatollah:

Re: Sticky: " FRIDAY 26th NOVEMBER 2010 UPDATE "

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:13 pm

gr8 update as usual,

just got in from work so just red it.......... :ayatollah:

see the jacks lost to...........LOL

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:14 pm

Another Brilliant insight into the workings and inside news of the city from Carl.
One thing that springs to mined is that no one in Cardiff City knew that Ramsey was going to go out on loan ?
Well thats keeping your finger on the pules isnt it ? Also nice news about chops,and the interest of the Indian nation he could bring to Cardiff City, sales of shirts and more will get a big boost maybe.? Also money for Dave IF ! we are still around the top come Jan. That has to be good news lets hope he will make the best of it. All in all great new from you again Carl thanks alot. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:23 pm

Seeing the football that has been served up at home recently you can see why people might not bother.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:03 am

having read carls update surely we are not the only team where all season ticket holders dont turn up for aspacific game all tickets sold count at all games i doubt 76 thou turn up at old trafford every home game all tickets sold count wheather they turn up or not it applies to any team from newport to man utd

Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:59 am

bluestar wrote:having read carls update surely we are not the only team where all season ticket holders dont turn up for aspacific game all tickets sold count at all games i doubt 76 thou turn up at old trafford every home game all tickets sold count wheather they turn up or not it applies to any team from newport to man utd

but we are looking at approx 7% of our crown, can yo imagine that at old trafford that would be about 6000 empty seats

Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:07 am

Due to work comitments both me & the mrs will miss some games this season. My wife missed the Forest game due to work, & although i passed on her card to a work colleague, he did not turnup ! I expect that there are a lot of other City fans in the same predicament.
I will have to miss the PNE & Burnley games aswell, & also the this forums Xmas doo, which i would like to attend. :(

Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:50 am

ninianblue wrote:thanks carl,, this chopra thing is still getting me, hes looking after himself, ok , i hope we get money in jan, get another striker and chopra never plays again, as for india-cardiff connections, bolloxs, :evil:

What's ya problem with chopra banking some good money and playing for India. As long as it don't affect his city form good luck to him

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:32 am

bluebirdbaz wrote:
bluestar wrote:having read carls update surely we are not the only team where all season ticket holders dont turn up for aspacific game all tickets sold count at all games i doubt 76 thou turn up at old trafford every home game all tickets sold count wheather they turn up or not it applies to any team from newport to man utd

but we are looking at approx 7% of our crown, can yo imagine that at old trafford that would be about 6000 empty seats

Maybe its time for the club to stop giving away free season tickets.

it woud be interesting to see what % of the 'no shows' are in this categaory.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:36 am

Re Sam.

Nice words, but personally I'd rather see some action.

Time is ticking down to Dec 31st and each day I get more nervous that this will be the annual financial choker we have to put up with.

So many issues in the past would anyone put it past a statment on jan 31st 'We havent bought anone because VT couldnt get to a satisfactory agreement with Sam, and the transfer budget needs to be kept back to make a stage payment and/or cover legal costs of fighting the validity of the 2nd agrrement.'

Its a soap opera which we can do without.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:34 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Re Sam.

Time is ticking down to Dec 31st and each day I get more nervous that this will be the annual financial choker we have to put up with.

So many issues in the past would anyone put it past a statment on jan 31st 'We havent bought anone because VT couldnt get to a satisfactory agreement with Sam, and the transfer budget needs to be kept back to make a stage payment and/or cover legal costs of fighting the validity of the 2nd agrrement.'

Tim I am sure that VT would not want to go down that route as we are aware that the Malaysians knew the figures and the time-scales. If he chose to go down that road then the honeymoon period would be well and truly over for them in my opinion.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:22 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27517 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:02 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Tim I am sure that VT would not want to go down that route as we are aware that the Malaysians knew the figures and the time-scales. If he chose to go down that road then the honeymoon period would be well and truly over for them in my opinion.

Hi Carl,

But what if Sam said. 'Its £10m or nothing ?'. I mean I can believe he wants a deal, (after all he's owed a lot of money) but surely he's not going to accept less than that after writing off 'x' million.

It might be less than they want to pay (they may have a figure in their heads, or it may have been indicated that he would accept less -by you know who - due to the fact that there may be things Sam doesnt want made public about the loan) - as well as putting money in for players.

Whilst this is still hanging over us it has to be a concern surely, especially judging by what has happened in the past.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:40 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
carlccfc wrote:

Hi Carl,

But what if Sam said. 'Its £10m or nothing ?'. I mean I can believe he wants a deal, (after all he's owed a lot of money) but surely he's not going to accept less than that after writing off 'x' million.

It might be less than they want to pay (they may have a figure in their heads, or it may have been indicated that he would accept less -by you know who - due to the fact that there may be things Sam doesnt want made public about the loan) - as well as putting money in for players.

Whilst this is still hanging over us it has to be a concern surely, especially judging by what has happened in the past.

Tim, If I were Sam I would not accept less than £10 million, it was the Malaysains who asked Ridsdale to ' find a price ' to reduce the debt and settle it, they got the price and the clock is ticking otherwise the debt stays in the books at £26million and then, I believe, it means litigation.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:01 pm

Hi Carl,

Whilst this is still hanging over us it has to be a concern surely, especially judging by what has happened in the past.[/quote]
Tim, If I were Sam I would not accept less than £10 million, it was the Malaysains who asked Ridsdale to ' find a price ' to reduce the debt and settle it, they got the price and the clock is ticking otherwise the debt stays in the books at £26million and then, I believe, it means litigation.[/quote]

Hence my worry, as the Malaysians don't seem the type to take 'no' for an answer.

I'm sure you know more about this than you can let on - and its encouraging that you don't seem too bohered, but history has shown that deals involving this club, and also Sam tend to go to the last moment and end up with last minute hitches and twists. I'm steeling myself for this going the same way.

Re: " FRIDAY 26th NOVEMBER 2010 UPDATE "

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:52 pm

CHEERS Carl, Look forward to TONIGHTS UP DATE(Tuesday) at 8pm :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=28104 :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: