Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" FRIDAY 26th NOVEMBER 2010 UPDATE "

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:40 pm

Once again a large number of City fans did not turn up for home match despite being in receipt of a ticket. I spoke with a club spokesman early this week and I was told that 3000 approximately did not turn up, maybe these fans feel that teams like Forest are not big enough games but the club are dismayed by it. We spoke about the upcoming home match against Preston and the club believe that this will be our lowest attendance of the season so far, the spokesman said " the supporters should get behind the team for every game it’s all about the 3pts ".

Chris Burke has obviously not signed a new contract with us as yet and I have consistently said that he is another who is considering his options and that his son being paramount to his decision, I have asked more questions on this subject and have been told that in recent weeks " the situation has eased " regarding family life and this also had a bearing on him being called up to the National squad though he subsequently pulled out through injury. Prior to the recent international friendly Burke did not wish to be considered for the national squad so he could spend the time travelling back and forth to Glasgow to visit his son.

Hopefully Chris' private life becomes sorted for him and his family and it will enable him to make a decision and possibly choose to stay with us, time will tell I suppose.

Annis raised a topic on here this week, asking why would Chopra want to play for India and risk his place in City's team, Annis what I can tell you is, Chopra went to Dubai last week not only to discuss playing for the Country but I am reliably informed that he went there to negotiate too. It is believed that Chopra will collect £1million by committing to the Indian National team.

The Indian FA want to make him their superstar and they want to use his image and name and are willing to pay as well as change the rules to make it happen. At present you have to be a direct native of India to play but they are changing the rules to allow Chopra to feature through his father being Indian.

I am told that Cardiff City including Dave Jones are backing Chopra as there is a commercial interest for the club too and consider this another opportunity to sell the brand of Cardiff City FC. Maybe this was the reason Chops came off on Saturday, he must have been knackered flying to Dubai and back days before a game.

Peter Ridsdale is stirring it up again and this time at Plymouth FC, he has been looked after by one of their directors, Keith Todd, who is paying for his expenses including flights to go back and forth to Plymouth. The attraction to Plymouth is obvious when you do a bit of digging. They already have land earmarked for a new stadium and retail development but PR is trying to convince them that he knows the right people and his the man to get it all through, using us as an example.

His time at Plymouth has already created rifts and has divided their board already, fans have already expressed their anger at the Chairman and there are even talks about a planned march by their supporters against Ridsdale becoming involved.

An update on the Centenary dinner, which I said last week was struggling with ticket sales, will definitely go ahead after the club had a huge drive this week which culminated in a few more tables being sold. Also the club have given all CCFC staff free places on tables and their partners can all attend at half price. Maybe the club will not make as much money as they would have liked from the event but at least they are making sure that they stage it.

The House of Sport officially opened this week and I would like to thank Steve for his efforts and determination to make sure it happened and delivering it. Annis caught up with Steve this week to ask Steve all about the House of Sport and he thanked him from all the members on it.

Annis interviewed Steve for the forum and asked him how the whole thing happened ? Steve replied " that he started the ball rolling back in 1998 with the Centre of Excellence and it ultimately got the Academy status some years later ".

Annis then asked Steve " What does the academy mean to CCFC ? "

Steve said " It is so important to our future, in fact we had to get it built this year as next season the rules changes and the FA are bringing in new rules regarding academy's and they will be graded from 1-4. The higher grade you achieve the better opponents you will play against. We will be guaranteed a grade 2 but we hope we get the top grade and get up there with the elite who are grade 1. I scoured the length and breadth of Britain every club who has an academy and I visited each one so I could see for myself what we needed to me aiming for. Out of each one, Arsenal were the club who came out on top and provided the best facilities. We spent a lot of the money on a state of the art pitch and now have one of the best indoor pitches in the UK and provide top class facilities for our youngsters."

" I set out to do this and no matter what I was going to deliver, the academy is everything to us "

Annis asked " Why were the FA grading academy's ? "

Steve " The whole idea is to help the English national team due to recent failures and the FA believe they will create a Super Academy "

Annis "I see your daughter is working at the House of Sport "

Steve " Yes, Joanne is working there as I feel we are a football family and look out for what is best for CCFC "

Annis said that throughout Steve was happy, smiling and extremely proud and Steve Borley has extended an invitation to all forum members to go down and visit the House of Sport as his guest.

Annis thanked Steve for the invite and said he is sure many will go and see the work that has been achieved. Steve has agreed to join us on the forum in the next couple of weeks and also take part in a Q+A on here, so if you want a question answered or simply want to thank Steve then look at the following link viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27173 :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

January is approaching fast and I bring to you some very exciting news on the strategy that VT is employing regarding additions to the squad. Dave Jones will have money to spend in January but how much will determine on our league position at the time.

He has been told that if we are outside the top 6 he will have some money to spend but if we are in the top 6 then he will have a considerable amount to bring in new players. The target for DJ is to be in the top 2 in January and then he will have far more as the Malaysians then see their investment as less of a risk because of where we are at.

Some may find it perplexing but I understand the strategy totally and I also see this as their way of making sure they are driving DJ on, they will back him as long as he is performing, you cannot ask for more than that I suppose. My question would be though, Can Dave Jones handle the pressure ?

Tomorrow we play QPR and I hope that Dave sets the team to play to our strengths as I feel we have not done that at recent home matches, I am told that there are no other injuries concerns other than Riggott and Quinn, so it is down to Dave whether Burke starts or Darcy keeps his place in the team.

With regards to Aaron Ramsey going to Forest on loan yesterday I am told that City did not know that he was available for loan and they would have been keen to bring Aaron back.

Jon Meades will go back out on loan in January and could not go during the recent window due to him already being on loan already so he now has to wait until the new year.

I have chatted with Sam Hammam this week and I can deliver the words that I suspect many of you will want to hear, Sam told me " it is time to move on for the good of the club and it's supporters, I will always love the club and the fans, but it is in the best interest of everybody if it is settled and I want it to be ended next month ".

Re: FRIDAY 26th NOVEMBER 2010 UPDATE

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:44 pm

Great update Carl, thanks :ayatollah:

We probably will be in the top 2 in January since it now not so long away, so how much exactly will be available to spend ?

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:46 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Great update Carl, thanks :ayatollah:

We probably will be in the top 2 in January since it now not so long away, so how much exactly will be available to spend ?

In the millions :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:47 pm

Fantastic :ayatollah:

It'll be interesting to see which players DJ target now he has money.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:47 pm

Another excellent update, one of the many reasons why I started to post here :ayatollah:

Sensible thinking about the transfer funds...hopefully Jones can handle it, and not crumble under the pressure. Will make a nice change for him to have actual funds - lets hope he invests wisely with what he gets.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:50 pm

Cheers Carl

The way DJ treated Ramsey (cup final) when he was originally with us
I doubt he would come here anyway

:ayatollah:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:50 pm

Good news for Chopra personaly and mabye for the club in the future :ayatollah:

Great update Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:51 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:Another excellent update, one of the many reasons why I started to post here :ayatollah:

Sensible thinking about the transfer funds...hopefully Jones can handle it, and not crumble under the pressure. Will make a nice change for him to have actual funds - lets hope he invests wisely with what he gets.

Hmmm Jones/City, pressure and results. History doesn't bode well there really!

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:52 pm

A good update and all very positive :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:53 pm

carlccfc wrote:I have chatted with Sam Hammam this week and I can deliver the words that I suspect many of you will want to hear, Sam told me " it is time to move on for the good of the club and it's supporters, I will always love the club and the fans, but it is in the best interest of everybody if it is settled and I want it to be ended next month ".

This I'm happy to see. I know there are a lot of you that support him, but I reckon this will cause the least amount of hassle.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:53 pm

Cheers Carl made another good read :ayatollah:

I would def take up the offer of a look round the house of sport - so get sorting a coach trip lol ;)

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:54 pm

Intersting as always.

Obviously the club are concerned about the amount of no shows on a match day, but I don't think they should be overly concerned. The tickets are sold and the money is in the bank and many people will have good reasons for not going. I know a train driver who is based in Edinburgh, but originally from Aberystwyth who still buys a season ticket every year, even though he's been gone for years. He only gets to 3 or 4 a season. I'm sure there are plenty more like that.

I hope Burke's situation gets sorted out soon and he stays with us. I'm glad he's sorted things out with his ex Mrs, I believe he had to go to or court, or threatened to.

Can't blame Chopra for getting involved with the Indian team. A lot of folk won't like it, though I suspect many of them will also be folk who slate players who don't turn up for Wales when called up. It should be an honour for any player to be called up for International football and even better if you can make money out of it.

The ploy of how much money DJ gets to spend in January is very clever, though it does put pressure on him to make sure the players perform. Pressure that I would hope they can handle and kick on from it. This league is there for the taking, regardless of tomorrow's scoreline. I really fancy us tomorrow, but I hope there is no over reaction on here tomorrow night should it not go well.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:55 pm

Jez wrote:Cheers Carl made another good read :ayatollah:

I would def take up the offer of a look round the house of sport - so get sorting a coach trip lol ;)

It can be arranged Jez :D

Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:58 pm

Carl
Excellent post yet again. Steve Borley has worked wonders getting that House of Sport up and running and we all owe him a great deal of gratitude. Disappointing to hear our "so called support" did not turn up against Forest and that numbers will be down against Preston I'll bet they will be the first to moan and groan when they can't get a ticket for the opening home EPL game!!!!!!!

Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:08 pm

awesome update, the ball is in Jones' court now and its his to throw away. Hope he dont let us down :?
:ayatollah: COME ON DJ :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:13 pm

carlccfc wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:Great update Carl, thanks :ayatollah:

In the millions :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

have you been quoted an ammount? :D :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:18 pm

carlccfc wrote:Once again a large number of City fans did not turn up for home match despite being in receipt of a ticket. I spoke with a club spokesman early this week and I was told that 3000 approximately did not turn up, maybe these fans feel that teams like Forest are not big enough games but the club are dismayed by it. We spoke about the upcoming home match against Preston and the club believe that this will be our lowest attendance of the season so far, the spokesman said " the supporters should get behind the team for every game it’s all about the 3pts ".

Chris Burke has obviously not signed a new contract with us as yet and I have consistently said that he is another who is considering his options and that his son being paramount to his decision, I have asked more questions on this subject and have been told that in recent weeks " the situation has eased " regarding family life and this also had a bearing on him being called up to the National squad though he subsequently pulled out through injury. Prior to the recent international friendly Burke did not wish to be considered for the national squad so he could spend the time travelling back and forth to Glasgow to visit his son.

Hopefully Chris' private life becomes sorted for him and his family and it will enable him to make a decision and possibly choose to stay with us, time will tell I suppose.

Annis raised a topic on here this week, asking why would Chopra want to play for India and risk his place in City's team, Annis what I can tell you is, Chopra went to Dubai last week not only to discuss playing for the Country but I am reliably informed that he went there to negotiate too. It is believed that Chopra will collect £1million by committing to the Indian National team.

The Indian FA want to make him their superstar and they want to use his image and name and are willing to pay as well as change the rules to make it happen. At present you have to be a direct native of India to play but they are changing the rules to allow Chopra to feature through his father being Indian.

I am told that Cardiff City including Dave Jones are backing Chopra as there is a commercial interest for the club too and consider this another opportunity to sell the brand of Cardiff City FC. Maybe this was the reason Chops came off on Saturday, he must have been knackered flying to Dubai and back days before a game.

Peter Ridsdale is stirring it up again and this time at Plymouth FC, he has been looked after by one of their directors, Keith Todd, who is paying for his expenses including flights to go back and forth to Plymouth. The attraction to Plymouth is obvious when you do a bit of digging. They already have land earmarked for a new stadium and retail development but PR is trying to convince them that he knows the right people and his the man to get it all through, using us as an example.

His time at Plymouth has already created rifts and has divided their board already, fans have already expressed their anger at the Chairman and there are even talks about a planned march by their supporters against Ridsdale becoming involved.

An update on the Centenary dinner, which I said last week was struggling with ticket sales, will definitely go ahead after the club had a huge drive this week which culminated in a few more tables being sold. Also the club have given CCFC staff a free place on a table and their partners are can attend at half price. Maybe the club will not make as much money as they would have liked from the event but at least they are making sure that they stage it.

The House of Sport officially opened this week and I would like to thank Steve for his efforts and determination to make sure it happened and delivering it. Annis caught up with Steve this week to ask Steve all about the House of Sport and he thanked him from all the members on it.

Annis interviewed Steve for the forum and asked him how the whole thing happened ? Steve replied " that he started the ball rolling back in 1998 with the Centre of Excellence and it ultimately got the Academy status some years later ".

Annis then asked Steve " What does the academy mean to CCFC ? "

Steve said " It is so important to our future, in fact we had to get it built this year as next season the rules changes and the FA are bringing in new rules regarding academy's and they will be graded from 1-4. The higher grade you achieve the better opponents you will play against. We will be guaranteed a grade 2 but we hope we get the top grade and get up there with the elite who are grade 1. I scoured the length and breadth of Britain every club who has an academy and I visited each one so I could see for myself what we needed to me aiming for. Out of each one, Arsenal were the club who came out on top and provided the best facilities. We spent a lot of the money on a state of the art pitch and now have one of the best indoor pitches in the UK and provide top class facilities for our youngsters."

" I set out to do this and no matter what I was going to deliver, the academy is everything to us "

Annis asked " Why were the FA grading academy's ? "

Steve " The whole idea is to help the English national team due to recent failures and the FA believe they will create a Super Academy "

Annis "I see your daughter is working at the House of Sport "

Steve " Yes, Joanne is working there as I feel we are a football family and look out for what is best for CCFC "

Annis said that throughout Steve was happy, smiling and extremely proud and Steve Borley has extended an invitation to all forum members to go down and visit the House of Sport as his guest.

Annis thanked Steve for the invite and said he is sure many will go and see the work that has been achieved. Steve has agreed to join us on the forum in the next couple of weeks and also take part in a Q+A on here, so if you want a question answered or simply want to thank Steve then look at the following link http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewt ... =2&t=27173

January is approaching fast and I bring to you some very exciting news on the strategy that VT is employing regarding additions to the squad. Dave Jones will have money to spend in January but how much will determine on our league position at the time.

He has been told that if we are outside the top 6 he will have some money to spend but if we are in the top 6 then he will have a considerable amount to bring in new players. The target for DJ is to be in the top 2 in January and then he will have far more as the Malaysians then see their investment as less of a risk because of where we are at.

Some may find it perplexing but I understand the strategy totally and I also see this as their way of making sure they are driving DJ on, they will back him as long as he is performing, you cannot ask for more than that I suppose. My question would be though, Can Dave Jones handle the pressure ?

Tomorrow we play QPR and I hope that Dave sets the team to play to our strengths as I feel we have not done that at recent home matches, I am told that there are no other injuries concerns other than Riggott and Quinn, so it is down to Dave whether Burke starts or Darcy keeps his place in the team.

With regards to Aaron Ramsey going to Forest on loan yesterday I am told that City did not know that he was available for loan and they would have been keen to bring Aaron back.

Jon Meades will go back out on loan in January and could not go during the recent window due to him already being on loan already so he now has to wait until the new year.

I have chatted with Sam Hammam this week and I can deliver the words that I suspect many of you will want to hear, Sam told me " it is time to move on for the good of the club and it's supporters, I will always love the club and the fans, but it is in the best interest of everybody if it is settled and I want it to be ended next month ".

I have chatted with Sam Hammam this week and I can deliver the words that I suspect many of you will want to hear, Sam told me " it is time to move on for the good of the club and it's supporters, I will always love the club and the fans, but it is in the best interest of everybody if it is settled and I want it to be ended next month ". Superb news thanks Sam, now lets move Onwards and Upwards :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:27 pm

Good update Carl

Any news on a rearranged reserve friendly for Riggott after last weeks postponement?

And does the fact that DJ made no loan signings indicate hes close to fitness or just DJs usual stubborness?

Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:31 pm

Well done fella great update as usual, keep them coming :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:32 pm

Cheers Carl, another proper update. All positive news...if we're still in the top 2 come January then I honestly believe that Jan - May will be up there with the most exciting and enjoyable 5 months we've ever had - cant wait! BLUEBIRDS! :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:34 pm

Another good update :ayatollah:

Surprised by the number of no shows....... thats mad, but as stated at least the club got the money in, but still surprised by the figure of 3000 :ayatollah:

Hope Chris Burke's private life gets sorted and he can fully concentrate on his playing career :ayatollah:

As for Chopra......... not surprised by the amount, best of luck to him just hope it doesnt get in the way too much with his City career :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:39 pm

Thanks Carl.

the Academy is the future of Cardiff City.

If our youngsters are regularly playing against the likes of Arsenal/Man utd etc
it can only do them good. The new rules re: kids not allowed to sign for clubs
too far away is tailor made for Cardiff too. S Wales has a population close to
that of Birmingham. But they have about seven clubs in the region who are
constantly nosing for talent. Our only competition would be Swansea and the
Wurzels, but parents would plump for Cardiffs set-up every time.

Dave Jones is being put under pressure here! VT is sort of saying, do the business
and we'll back you all the way. But if the team starts to struggle, then its down to
you and we're not going to throw good money after bad.

Once Sams been paid off, the Malaysians are here for the long haul. If David Jones'
team blows it this year, they are not going to walk, because they will have a
flourishing practically debt free Football Club with a brand new stadium who are
STILL within arms length of the Premiership and all that comes with it.

Make no bones about it... this is DJ's last chance. If he fucks it up, there will be
a new manager here next year. VT will be ruthless.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:51 pm

Jez wrote:Cheers Carl made another good read :ayatollah:

Just call in and have a look. You don`t have to be part of an organised visit to have a look around , although a courtesy phone call beforehand might be sensible in case it has been booked out for schools or similar.

It is a fantastic facility (I was lucky to look around it on Monday and again at the official opening on Tuesday) , built in an incredibly short time scale of 14 weeks , of which Steve Borley is (and should be) extremely proud.

Keith

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:08 pm

carl i,m trying to get my youth football team training facilities down at the house of sport during the winter months can i arrange a meet with steve borley or at least a phone number ?

cheers

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:08 pm

Thanks Carl for the update as usual it was worth waiting for.
Cheers
Lee :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:22 pm

MOZZER1 wrote:carl i,m trying to get my youth football team training facilities down at the house of sport during the winter months can i arrange a meet with steve borley or at least a phone number ?

cheers

I will put you in touch with him Mozzer :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:24 pm

good lad carl

by the way i saw your post about tickets tomorrow . why didn't you post up last night i would have taken both . made plans for tomorrow :x

friggin gutted

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:27 pm

thanks for the update carl top stuff as always :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:39 pm

taffyapple wrote:Thanks Carl.

the Academy is the future of Cardiff City.

If our youngsters are regularly playing against the likes of Arsenal/Man utd etc
it can only do them good. The new rules re: kids not allowed to sign for clubs
too far away is tailor made for Cardiff too. S Wales has a population close to
that of Birmingham. But they have about seven clubs in the region who are
constantly nosing for talent. Our only competition would be Swansea and the
Wurzels, but parents would plump for Cardiffs set-up every time.

Dave Jones is being put under pressure here! VT is sort of saying, do the business
and we'll back you all the way. But if the team starts to struggle, then its down to
you and we're not going to throw good money after bad.
Spot on
Once Sams been paid off, the Malaysians are here for the long haul. If David Jones'
team blows it this year, they are not going to walk, because they will have a
flourishing practically debt free Football Club with a brand new stadium who are
STILL within arms length of the Premiership and all that comes with it.

Make no bones about it... this is DJ's last chance. If he fucks it up, there will be
a new manager here next year. VT will be ruthless.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:51 pm

thanks carl,, this chopra thing is still getting me, hes looking after himself, ok , i hope we get money in jan, get another striker and chopra never plays again, as for india-cardiff connections, bolloxs, :evil: