Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff devils live on sky 7:30 2moro..

Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:37 am

For any ice hockey fans sky sports 4 :ayatollah:

Re: Cardiff devils live on sky 7:30 2moro..

Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:40 am

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:For any ice hockey fans sky sports 4 :ayatollah:

never ever been, think id wuite enjoy it if i did though.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:42 am

milly44 wrote:

I started going last year was good get about 1,500 each game.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:43 am

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:
milly44 wrote:

I started going last year was good get about 1,500 each game.

really :o
didnt think it was that big.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:34 am

Also won 11 out of the last 12 games, flying at the moment. The team has size, speed, skill, good goal tending and play to their strengths..a hard hitting game.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:22 am

Sky sports news are running a story all day with the most experienced player in the league we just signed Craig Weller and the top points scorer at the moment Jon Pelle.

Weller 2 years ago was playing in the NHL for Phoenix Coyotes - check this link for the type of guy we signed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u1zaZe_qP4&feature=fvw

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:23 am

Wasn't it Weller that when he made his appearance a week or two back he did the Ayatollah? Love it.

Ice Hockey is brilliant. The British league doesn't even compare in standard to the NHL, but it's still brilliant to watch with plenty of fighting.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:37 am

Goodshoes wrote:Sky sports news are running a story all day with the most experienced player in the league we just signed Craig Weller and the top points scorer at the moment Jon Pelle.

Weller 2 years ago was playing in the NHL for Phoenix Coyotes - check this link for the type of guy we signed http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u1zaZe_qP4&feature=fvw

This Weller certainly looks the business, carrying on a tradition of tough guys who have played for the devils, from big Bill Taylor in the very early days, Mike Ware, who was a total maniac, Mike McWilliam, the best fighter ever to play in the uk, and currently Brad Voth who's a decent fighter too.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:38 am

Dafydd wrote:Wasn't it Weller that when he made his appearance a week or two back he did the Ayatollah? Love it.

Ice Hockey is brilliant. The British league doesn't even compare in standard to the NHL, but it's still brilliant to watch with plenty of fighting.

I would like to go and watch them bu there's no way I'm paying £15-25 for it.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:40 am

Adults are £16 on the night
Students are £11 on the night

£1 cheaper if bought in advance.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:26 am

Goodshoes wrote:Adults are £16 on the night

Not bad. Still a bit steep considering they play at home a lot. Don't they play 2-3 games a week?

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:33 am

Love the look of that Weller guy. Hard as nails. Checks two and then decks one in the face! Bang!

Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:22 am

PhatFrog wrote:
Goodshoes wrote:Adults are £16 on the night

Not bad. Still a bit steep considering they play at home a lot. Don't they play 2-3 games a week?

This week, was 1 game, some weeks theres 3 but maybe 1 home in that week. I've got a season ticket and works out at £12 per game. 27 home games then they do a deal for our cup games