Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Where Should Craig Bellamy Play?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:26 pm

Where do you think Craig Bellamy should play ?

I personally think we're playing out of position when we play him on the left, i feel his talents are wasted out wide and he dosn't influence the game as much when he plays there.

I think we should stick him upfront alongside jay, that would be unplayable at this level with bellamy's pace and intelligent running. And Bothroyd's strength and skill.

I can't see this happening due to Dave Jones having to many favourites in the squad, he wont drop Chopra.

where do you think he should play?

:ayatollah:

Re: Where Should Craig Bellamy Play?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:31 pm

I disagree with you saying that he should play upfront with Bothroyd. He and chops and formed a bond, which most strikers learn to develop but they just click, they know what they're thinking. I don't think Bellamy would be able to do what chopra does.

There's no doubt that Bellamy is world class but I think he should stay on the left.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:31 pm

Ive thought that Craig would be more effective in a central role myself.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:35 pm

It has to be wide left IMO he is totally wasted upfront.

I dont see how people can say he is out of position on the left its where he has spent most of his career and had his best form for Man City

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:44 pm

2blue2handle wrote:It has to be wide left IMO he is totally wasted upfront.

I dont see how people can say he is out of position on the left its where he has spent most of his career and had his best form for Man City

i'm not saying he's out of position on the left, statistics shows he was one of the best premiership players on the left last year, but i think with his attributes and his pace, i feel he could almost single handedly rip the slow championship centre halfs apart?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:47 pm

A case of "horses for courses". I would like to see him play central v QPR, with Burkie & Whitts on either wing.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:01 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:A case of "horses for courses". I would like to see him play central v QPR, with Burkie & Whitts on either wing.

that's what i would do :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:08 pm

Problem I see with Bellamy upfront is that teams play so very defensive against us his pace is wasted, he ends up with his back to goal (like forest sat) trying to play in less players for chances. Im also not sure we have the quality needed in midfield to be able to supply the type of pass he would need especially if Witts is out wide and not in the middle.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:16 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Problem I see with Bellamy upfront is that teams play so very defensive against us his pace is wasted, he ends up with his back to goal (like forest sat) trying to play in less players for chances. Im also not sure we have the quality needed in midfield to be able to supply the type of pass he would need especially if Witts is out wide and not in the middle.

good point, teams defo try to stop us playing and hit us on the counter at ccs, maybe the system of him playing upfront could be used away from home? :ayatollah: