Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Meeting with Football Association of Wales

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:23 am

FSF Cymru have a meeting next week with the FAW, the three main topics this time are

60-90 day rule...the effect it has on supporters unable to book cheaper advance trips, the advantage it gives countries who have multi stadia over others who play at Nation stadiums permanently
England ticket distribution...how many tickets should England get if Wales fans buy in masse? security issues surrounding game, England fans in Welsh sections of ground again...etc etc
Ireland Tournament potential problems..Northern Ireland playing in Dublin will present huge security issue with fans already planning for possible confrontation...this will affect Welsh and Scots fans when they play Northern Ireland in Dublin aswell.

I recently attended two meetings with the Federation...one in Gdansk, Poland and last weekend in Belfast where I met with collegues from the home nations and European fan groups where we talked about the three issues above and we are all going back to our FA's during the next month to discuss them.

However if there are any other topics you would like raised please PM me, rather than openly discuss them on the board, (we like to keep our powder dry before attending)...explain your reasons for wanting these issues raised...

Re: Meeting with Football Association of Wales

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:27 am

Corky is it possible that you can ask if the FAW will be able to book buses for the Gold supporters club members for the trip to Wembley ? Thanks

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:34 am

Corky, and what on earth can the FAW do about the 60-90 day rule..? Having watched Wales away many times during my time it hurts them when a eastern european country switch stadiums at the last minute just as much as it hurts the supporter!!!

On their own? not a lot...but we need them to vote in favour of changing this rule...all other fan groups in Europe are being canvassed to pressure their FA's too....we want it changed to allow greater flexibility for supporters...

I will discuss all these issues after the meeting guys and report the findings...otherwise all our arguments will be aired before going in there.

Corky is it possible that you can ask if the FAW will be able to book buses for the Gold supporters club members for the trip to Wembley ? Thanks

Supporters groups will obviously be booking coaches for this game...do you want me to ask if the FAW would be willing to do their own coaches?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:35 am

Yeah ask them why don't they think of the supporter for once and play friendlies in places which are good to visit aswell as drink unlike Dublin!!

Its not a friendly its the Celtic tournament being held in February and May.Wales. Northern Ireland, Scotland and Eire are taking part...it may be played every two years in different venues I am not quite sure

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:23 pm

Cheers Corky for the update :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: