Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Should We Take Aaron Ramsey On A Short Term Loan?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:59 am

Arsenal a looking to send Aaron out on a short term loan to bring him to match fitness following his return from injury. We have 8 short term loans available so should we be looking at this? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Should We Take Aaron Ramsey On A Short Term Loan?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:03 am

I've read that he WON'T be going out on loan, which is why they let Henri Lansbury go to Norwich on loan. He's looking to be back in the first team by Christmas.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:09 am

Im sure Mr Wenger will use his reserve team to get Rambo fit and NOT loan him out anywhere ................. he will be back in the Arsenal 1st team squad by Christmas I bet .

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:24 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Im sure Mr Wenger will use his reserve team to get Rambo fit and NOT loan him out anywhere ................. he will be back in the Arsenal 1st team squad by Christmas I bet .

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Aa ... 35363.html

I know it's the Daily Mirror but if it is true well what a player :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:45 am

If we are going to get a player in on loan do it for the right reasons for us, not to get him fit. It could upset the dynamic of the team. I couldn't see where he would fit in at the moment

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:14 am

Nottage Blue wrote:If we are going to get a player in on loan do it for the right reasons for us, not to get him fit. It could upset the dynamic of the team. I couldn't see where he would fit in at the moment

I agree with u Andy but a centre MF pairing of Rambo and Olli would be too hot for this division :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:19 am

I'm sure i read somewhere that we have used up our loan quota.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:21 am

BigGwynram wrote:I'm sure i read somewhere that we have used up our loan quota.

is that for season long loans or shorter 3 month loans tho Gwyn coz this was brought up on the Routledge rumour thread by Annis .

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:33 am

We are allowed an additional 8 short term loan signings and I believe that means for a period up to 3 months. Although we are still only allowed to have 5 loan players in the match day squad. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:05 am

Vintage 63 wrote:

is that for season long loans or shorter 3 month loans tho Gwyn coz this was brought up on the Routledge rumour thread by Annis .

In my opinion signing Wayne Routledge on loan is a non starter because under Football League Rules a 3 month transfer in January is effectively a loan for the remainder of the season. This Football League would therefore recognise it as a standard transfer.

Football League Rule 51.1.3 allows a club a maximum of 4 standard loans players under 23 plus an additional 4 standard loan players over 23 in any one season. Andy Keogh, Seyi Olsfinjana, Jason Koumas, Craig Bellamy use up our quota of over 23 players. If however we make any of these current loan players permanent signings they can be replaced by another over 23 standard loan. 51.1.5

http://www.football-league.co.uk/regula ... 2125731#50

There is however the chance that we could sign Routledge on an emergency loan however the total cumulative number of days of the must not exceed 93 days. Therefore we could sign Routledge for a period up to 93 days, or part of the second half of the season but not any longer so if we were to sign him on say 1st January he would have to return by no later than 4th April.

So unless we sign him outright or sign one of our current loanees fulltime I cannot see how we can get him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:05 am

Whats the point in getting him if he aint fit , be like koumas again coming on for last 5-10 mins an will probably play 1-2 full games before he goes back to arsenal

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:03 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:
Nottage Blue wrote:If we are going to get a player in on loan do it for the right reasons for us, not to get him fit. It could upset the dynamic of the team. I couldn't see where he would fit in at the moment

I agree with u Andy but a centre MF pairing of Rambo and Olli would be too hot for this division :ayatollah:

It would be, yes, Martyn, but he needs to be fully fit and he wouldn't be if he was here coming back from his injury. I would be drooling at the prospect of Oli and Rambo in midfield. We'd walk the division if this could happen

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:04 pm

denton2k6 wrote:Whats the point in getting him if he aint fit , be like koumas again coming on for last 5-10 mins an will probably play 1-2 full games before he goes back to arsenal

Couldn't see Arse agreeing to that, either

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:05 pm

DJ should definitely go for him if he's available. I think he still loves CCFC even after that incident, and would give 100% of himself every game.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:00 pm

Oli has been poor after returning from injury.

Ramsey isn't available for loan, Wenger has already said that.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:02 pm

It was only a few weeks ago most where slagging off Jones for bringing in players who weren't it :roll:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:42 pm

Arsenal know that Fabregas may well be gone by next season, Aaron Ramsey
is the FUTURE of Arsenal Football Club. Wenger has a choice... does he get
Aaron match fit by playing reserve team football, where the pace and tempo
will soon get the lad ready for first team action, and where Arsenals training
team can keep their eye on the golden boy.

Or do they loan him out to a side battling hard to reach the premiership, against
teams with managers like Neil Warnock who would quite happily send his midfield
out with orders to "give him a dig"

No brainer lads