Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Ireland away with Wales football - Feb 2011

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:05 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I get called an english c**t when I was away with the Irish for Italy match last year, as with most countries it has its share of knobs. A high proportion happen to be in Cork.

As others said previously, I can assure you that there are people there that are nice and welcoming. Should be great fun there - wish I could go. Would be fun to see Norn Iron play. Hope the teams take it seriously.

funny you should say that when i told mates who have irish roots about my cork trip they said it was the only place in ireland where they have not been made welcome

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:31 pm

Is the tournemant still going ahead? :shock:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 969193.stm

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:50 pm

brown wrote:Is the tournemant still going ahead? :shock:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 969193.stm

Yes mate, I phoned my mate who works for the FAW and he was over there yesterday sorting out stuff, but its 100% on. Only BBC reporting it off, looks on the Irish FA website and FAW both say its on.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:42 pm

Just remember none of you hun bastards are welcome...and your trip is well and truly cursed :twisted:
:lol:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:53 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:
tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:I get called an english c**t when I was away with the Irish for Italy match last year, as with most countries it has its share of knobs. A high proportion happen to be in Cork.

As others said previously, I can assure you that there are people there that are nice and welcoming. Should be great fun there - wish I could go. Would be fun to see Norn Iron play. Hope the teams take it seriously.

funny you should say that when i told mates who have irish roots about my cork trip they said it was the only place in ireland where they have not been made welcome

It's a vile place, I've been there for football and some of the chants were disgusting. In a way it's like Swansea - they think Dublin gets everything, and they have delusions of Cork as some kind of peoples republic.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:58 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:

It's a vile place, I've been there for football and some of the chants were disgusting. In a way it's like Swansea - they think Dublin gets everything, and they have delusions of Cork as some kind of peoples republic.

It is a Republic :ayatollah: ........... and they can smell a wrong un from miles :D

Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:08 pm

johnny if your a cork boy that explains alot :lol:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:14 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:johnny if your a cork boy that explains alot :lol:

Now ya have it ..... :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:47 pm

i hated cork and cork hated us.......carrigrohane was a good night out but i think a few locals would have liked to batter us given the chance

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:24 pm

MAESTEG BLUE wrote:i hated cork and cork hated us.......carrigrohane was a good night out but i think a few locals would have liked to batter us given the chance

I can't understand why for the life of me :lol:

Up da Rebelz

Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:47 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
MAESTEG BLUE wrote:i hated cork and cork hated us.......carrigrohane was a good night out but i think a few locals would have liked to batter us given the chance

I can't understand why for the life of me :lol:

Up da Rebelz

god save to queen :D

Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:24 pm

don't believe the hype - this seven quid a pint thing is nonsense! There's barely seven quid in this country at the moment! Plenty of places to have a cheap drink - if anyone intends travelling by boat I'd be more than happy to put people up for a night or two or recommend places to stay etc.