Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ireland away with Wales football - Feb 2011

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:07 pm

All booked up, me and Horse with no name, flying from bristol! Can't wait!!!!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Ireland away with Wales football - Feb 2011

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:08 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:All booked up, me and Horse with no name, flying from bristol! Can't wait!!!!

Thomas, You forgot me :o

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:All booked up, me and Horse with no name, flying from bristol! Can't wait!!!!

Book from Bristol Annis, save a fortune, we are on the 3.35 flight on the 7th Feb.
Andy is going too but from London, will be a good following from this forum hopefully :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:17 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Book from Bristol Annis, save a fortune, we are on the 3.35 flight on the 7th Feb.
Andy is going too but from London, will be a good following from this forum hopefully :ayatollah:

Thomas leave it with me, I will try and Organise a Mass Exit From THIS FORUM TO IRELAND :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:21 pm

Haha brilliant, its my first trip with Wales too, so cant wait :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:17 am

Decent prices from bristol mate?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:23 am

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:Decent prices from bristol mate?

£15 each way, with taxes worked out as £40 overall

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:45 am

Billy Hunt. wrote:

Good that,you planning on going back over in May for Scotland and N.I?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:46 am

Llantrisant Blue. wrote:
Billy Hunt. wrote:

Good that,you planning on going back over in May for Scotland and N.I?

Yeah mate, if I can get the same price then 100%

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:46 am

an important message to anyone looking to book flights. CHECK EVERY DETAIL BEFORE CONFIRMING!!
we have a 10 to 8 flight the morning after the game due to my error. if we wanted to change it is £70 to change the flight to the evening. or we pay £8 and have both flights in our name and decide when we are out there what flight we catch back. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:13 am

Midfield general wrote:Ireland is an absolute dump

expensive too with a pint being about £7 !!!!!!

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:45 am

I went a few years back and ended up rooming with big gwyn, think he's still scarred by the experiance lol , good crack! although don't pull out there, rotters! well the one i did anyway, she turned out to be welsh , from merthyr and on the same flight :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:53 am

Temple Bar area is good as is the pub of the same name .................... f**k the expense tho its worth it but be very cold in Feb :D

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:37 pm

i found myself on my own in a strip bar! i was having dances off this bird, i remember sucking on her nips and everything :lol: :lol: i asked and was allowed :ayatollah: also playing poker, got in around 5am , woke up the next day ill and £600 down :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:22 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:

I Disagree The Country is Beautiful and Very Welcoming, But IT IS EXPENSIVE, Been there 5 times for Football, Great time every Visit :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:25 pm

Ben wrote:I went a few years back and ended up rooming with big gwyn, think he's still scarred by the experiance lol , good crack! although don't pull out there, rotters! well the one i did anyway, she turned out to be welsh , from merthyr and on the same flight :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

did you go to the races on the sunday,on Corkys minibus??

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:10 pm

Yes thats correct :ayatollah: Everyone had a good day , everyone betting on that WELSH jockey who won all his last 4 races!! everyone quids in :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:36 pm

Ben wrote:Yes thats correct :ayatollah: Everyone had a good day , everyone betting on that WELSH jockey who won all his last 4 races!! everyone quids in :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I was on the bus,thought it was you but wasn't sure till you mentioned staying with Gwyn.
PS your lucky your the first person he's shared a room with he hasn't married. :lol:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:14 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:

It's not £7 a pint.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:26 pm

chewbarker wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:

It's not £7 a pint.

How much is it?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:19 pm

Went to Dublin to watch Cardiff in a few friendly games & I got called an English b*stard :lol: :lol: .The most bizarre thing I saw was a little cubicle & sat in there was this old guy selling Ira badges . :evil:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:26 pm

chewbarker wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:

It's not £7 a pint.

You need to know where to go Billy. I've just spent 3 months working out there. It averages €5 which is about £4.50. In temple bar you'll pay at least €5.50, but in some tourist bars in Temple Bar they put the price up by €0.50 every hour which is wrong as f**k.

The cheapest place I've found a pint (albeit midweek) is in a nightclub called Diceys which is just off St Stephen's Green. It's €2 on a Tuesday, €3 on a Weds and Thurs. Oh and its packed to the rafters with up for it student clunge.

If you're just going over a weekend expect to pay €5 a pint.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:43 pm

I'm going Monday to Wednesday

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:55 pm

Billy Hunt. wrote:I'm going Monday to Wednesday

Go to Dicey's, you WILL NOT be disappointed!! Remember the name and get a taxi driver to take you there. Check the link

http://www.russellcourthotel.ie/barsclubs.htm

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:06 pm

What they like with I.D'ing?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:13 pm

It's full of students midweek mate so you'll be fine. Take some fake stuff just to be on the safe side

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:29 am

HAHA yer the price goes up every hour, i was wasted and kicking off with the guy at the bar, I thought the bar man was robbing me I said that he "kept charging me diffrent prices and robbing me of my cash as im a holiday maker" and everyone said " yer they go up every hour" , we all laughed about it after :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:

Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:37 pm

Cant be bothered with February, will go out in May at the end of the season for the two games for a good piss up (the Northern Irish always make an atmosphere :lol:). And then Bulgaria in October most likely. :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:21 pm

Xcasual wrote:Went to Dublin to watch Cardiff in a few friendly games & I got called an English b*stard :lol: :lol: .The most bizarre thing I saw was a little cubicle & sat in there was this old guy selling Ira badges . :evil:

we stayed in cork for the wales game out there got treated like shit in the city
met mates there and he took us to a town outside we got looked after and had a ball with the guys we knew but a lot of the locals didn't like the fact we were there
it was 5 euros a pint back then god knows what it would be now
i fancy going to the ni game.. hands across the water and all that

Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:33 pm

I get called an english c**t when I was away with the Irish for Italy match last year, as with most countries it has its share of knobs. A high proportion happen to be in Cork.

As others said previously, I can assure you that there are people there that are nice and welcoming. Should be great fun there - wish I could go. Would be fun to see Norn Iron play. Hope the teams take it seriously.