Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " I HAVE HEARD THAT CITY WILL MAKE AN ATTEMPT IN JAN "

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:30 pm

Ger27 wrote:
hailesy wrote:He's not getting any Newcastle games is he?

He has played in 11 of Newcastle's 14 games, and has 2 and a half years left on his "Premiership-wage" contract.

oh, okay, that's a slim chance of loaning him then if he's more or less in the first team then?

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:41 pm

hailesy wrote:
Ger27 wrote:
hailesy wrote:He's not getting any Newcastle games is he?

He has played in 11 of Newcastle's 14 games, and has 2 and a half years left on his "Premiership-wage" contract.

oh, okay, that's a slim chance of loaning him then if he's more or less in the first team then?

Yes but that does not rule out a 3 month loan, lets wait and See, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:43 pm

Love to see him here, was very impressed the last time he was here :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:58 pm

I would love to have routledge back, he was really good whilst here before.

it dont bother me about the fact that he left us, if he comes back to help us get to the prem, then happy dayss.

Annis, is there any other players being linked with Cardiff at the moment? :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:03 pm

glammy74 wrote:I would love to have routledge back, he was really good whilst here before.

it dont bother me about the fact that he left us, if he comes back to help us get to the prem, then happy dayss.

Annis, is there any other players being linked with Cardiff at the moment? :ayatollah:

Glammy, So far thats All I've heard, But Routledge has Def been mentioned,Newcastle might not be interested, but City are, But Nothing is Guaranteed as We All know :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:20 pm

I like Burke but to be fair his finally delivery is usually garbage more often and not and his shooting is not consistent enough when on goal. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:22 pm

This would be very good news. To have him and Burke at our disposal would be amazing. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:33 pm

Burke beats men better than Routledge. Burke cuts into the box and scores and also creates plenty. He chases back, works hard. Routledge was brilliant at the start of his loan here. He went missing in some of the games after it tho. Keep Burkey all day. Bugger Routledge. Give Matthews a chance on right wing after Burkey!

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:13 pm

Is Routledge a replacement for Burke?

Will we have to change our song? :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:15 pm

Routledge WANTED to come here in January this year.

Jones was promised him by Ridsdale and Routledge was 100% certain to come.
Ridsdale fucked us, but Routledge waited until the last minute before he signed for Newcastle.

I bet he would've done a "Marcus Bent" on Newcastle if we had come up with the cash at the last minute.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:15 pm

I was about to post that too - is this a sign of DJ selling Burke in January so that he doesn't go for free at the end of the season? I hope not

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:27 pm

I Hope burkey dont go....
But does this mean we would have to put an end to the he plays on the left he plays on the right that boy chris burke makes routlage look shi*e :lol:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:37 pm

Easiest solution Swap players.
Burkey would be nearer Scotland and his son and we would be nearer the Premiership with Routledge.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:25 pm

The thought went though my mind the other day.Will the club allow Burke and Jay to run their contracts down?
Jay looked more his old self Saturday as opposed to the new.
I expect both to leave if new contracts are not signed. I equally expect quality replacements.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:14 am

I have said since the first game of the season that Burke is our best player. And with Bothroyd i still say that. If DJ does not rate him then he is the Buffoon!! Rate Hudson but not Burke !! He is lightweight ??? f**k off !!.
Sorry Annis Routledge better than Burke ? no way i cant agree with you there. The trouble with Burke is he is far to skillfull for Jone's tiny brain to understand.

From Carls update he hasn't signed a new contract yet because like Jay he wants to keep his options open , simply because of his Son living in Scotland and that is something that i really sympathise with. And Routledge he is totally unloyal up himself but saying that i would like to see him in our squad but NOT at the expense of Burke, for one it would be fantastic competition between Bellamy, Routledge and Burke.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:25 am

If Cardiff get Routledge on Loan i think this will be outstanding for City !!! Routledge is a superb player and would be a g8 addition to the promotion chasing Bluebirds however if cardiff dont really seal this deal i would like them to get (and i know ppl may laf) somebody like Jobi Mcanuff or chris eagles. Routledge would be dynamyte back in a city shirt !!! :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:19 am

Forever Blue wrote:" I HAVE HEARD THAT CITY WILL MAKE AN ATTEMPT IN JAN "

For ROUTLEDGE , Some people can laugh, but I Can only Say what I've heard :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If We get him, I Reckon it would be a SUPERB Loan Signing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Didn't we try before he signed for Newcastle?? Jonesy certainly seems to rate him....and as long as he's not another Koumas (no disrespect, as I like the real Koumas as a player) then it can only be good. He frightened the sh*t out of opposition players last time he was here....although I still feel he let us down a bit with his disappearing act!!

Mind you, if he does sign and helps get us to the promised land then I'd frogive him!! LOL :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:39 am

MalagaCF wrote:Is Routledge a replacement for Burke?

Will we have to change our song? :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

same song just change the words around :lol: he's a very good player and was class for us last time he was here , Id have him before Burke in my team any day :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:52 am

Not so sure on this one!

Burke or Routledge. Burke every day for me...he is far more committed to the cause.

I find it very worrying that DJ has no plans to renew his contract.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:58 am

Sven Ghali wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:" I HAVE HEARD THAT CITY WILL MAKE AN ATTEMPT IN JAN "

For ROUTLEDGE , Some people can laugh, but I Can only Say what I've heard :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

If We get him, I Reckon it would be a SUPERB Loan Signing :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Didn't we try before he signed for Newcastle?? Jonesy certainly seems to rate him....and as long as he's not another Koumas (no disrespect, as I like the real Koumas as a player) then it can only be good. He frightened the sh*t out of opposition players last time he was here....although I still feel he let us down a bit with his disappearing act!!

Mind you, if he does sign and helps get us to the promised land then I'd frogive him!! LOL :lol:

DJ Seems to always go for his past players and sometimes never gives up till he gets them, Who knows if we can get him back ?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:05 am

would be brilliant- i loved Routledge...a top signing

Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:My Opinion, DJ is Not keen on Burke, He thinks he is a Light weight on the ball, DJ is a great Admirer of Routledge.

I love Burke, But for once I am on DJ's Side :oops:

Really??? WOW.... I'm surprised.... Burke is the second most important player we have IMO....

Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:30 pm

Bigbluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:My Opinion, DJ is Not keen on Burke, He thinks he is a Light weight on the ball, DJ is a great Admirer of Routledge.

Really??? WOW.... I'm surprised.... Burke is the second most important player we have IMO....

Paul,

DJ Does not think So.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bigbluebird wrote:

Paul,

DJ Does not think So.

interesting to see people views on burke and routs, i tell you what i would love, both on each wing stick bellamy up front with jay.

but i am on the manager hahaaaa

Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:51 pm

This rumour has certainly got them talking on the wearetherangers board.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/foru ... hp?t=82098

Is there anywhere this board doesn't reach :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:15 pm

castleblue wrote:This rumour has certainly got them talking on the wearetherangers board.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/foru ... hp?t=82098

Is there anywhere this board doesn't reach :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:27 pm

How strange. Routledge showed NO loyalty or respect for this club and
couldnt wait to f**k off. Yet 90% of posts favour him coming back!!

Why does Sam not get the same support from the Routledge fans??

(thats called dropping a hand grenade in :D )

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Bigbluebird wrote:

Paul,

DJ Does not think So.

Hey Annis, That's because Burke likes to play with the ball at his feet....and not the long ball shite ALL THE TIME!! lol...

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:39 pm

Agree with this. Would be interesting to know the stats on the percentage of times Burke goes down the wing and actually gets past his man and gets a good cross in. For me not enough and often down to how easy he is to knock off the ball.

But I also agree he is one of the few people in the team who gives us width and that helps others to perform.