Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A QUESTION TO EVERYONE REGARDING CRAIG BELLAMY ?

Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:48 pm

A QUESTION TO EVERYONE REGARDING CRAIG BELLAMY ?

When Bells plaed his first Couple of games he Was Awsome in My Opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Lately a lot of Fans are moaning about him in his recent games.

Is it Bells Not playing Well ?
Or is it Our players are not playing so well ?
Is it Our Players Cant keep up with his football brain ?
Are Our players not good enough to play along side him ?
Is it Because we have NO Plan B, so when DJ tries another so called plan it does not Suit Bells ?
Bells was upset with DJ over the Jack game, has that caused Bells to not play Well ?

I am not Saying any of these Questions are Right or Wrong, I am Asking Others Their Opinions ? :ayatollah:

Re: A QUESTION TO EVERYONE REGARDING CRAIG BELLAMY ?

Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:55 pm

Bellamy at present seems to be frustrated with the team, he is continuously giving bollockings out and he does look fed up at times.

On many occasions in various games he has made runs but no one has the footballing brain to pick out the pass, this is where in my opinion Mcphail would prosper, we need him fit ASAP and i would prefer to see Whitts on the left, Burke on the right and Bellamy up front with Bothroyd and Chopra getting splinters on the bench, just to see if it changes things. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:56 pm

I think its a little bit of all of that, but most of all, for me, he's being played out of position. I would rather see him played more centre, with the freedom to play either left or right. Didn't Eric Cantona play a similar roll at Man U ???

Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:A QUESTION TO EVERYONE REGARDING CRAIG BELLAMY ?

When Bells plaed his first Couple of games he Was Awsome in My Opinion :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Is it Because we have NO Plan B, so when DJ tries another so called plan it does not Suit Bells ?
Bells was upset with DJ over the Jack game, has that caused Bells to not play Well ?

I am not Saying any of these Questions are Right or Wrong, I am Asking Others Their Opinions ? :ayatollah:

He isnt playing well at the moment but I think its just a case of adjusting and finding some form, he himself said he is just trying to get to top form.
I dont think it has anything to do with the people playing with him as Bellamy is used to playing for Wales.

IMO he has to play out wide and stay wide otherwise he is wasted. DJ's decision to move him upfront Saturday was never going to work, we need his pace and ability to carry the ball out wide and thats where he has always done most damage in his career.
I also think he with some of the other players are feeling the pressure from the fans, players are looking for the easy simple pass rather than something that can get us going just so the fans dont get on the players back, to me that was very evident against forest.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:41 pm

To be honest I don't think Craig was that special in the first few games either and I remember saying it after his debut against Doncaster, apart from the goal I didn't think it was a special or vintage performance.

I want Craig to hit the top form we all know he is capable of but I have said it all season that Jay Bothroyd is the main player.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:48 pm

He was great at Leeds and good at Portsmouth - other than that he's generally been SHITE exuding negativity when we aren't doing well. We cannot accomodate him and Chopra in the same starting 11 in my opinion. Almost half term report - 5/10 for on the pitch added value - much room for improvement.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:58 pm

At the moment he is nowhere near the form he showed for Man City last season when in my opinion he was one of the top five players in the Premiership.

He needs to regain fitness and a bit of confidence. He also needs those around him to up their game a little BUT he also has to curb his attitude as it does no one any favours to dish out bollockings all the time. Occasionally they will work but there also needs to be some encouragement as well

The team need to pull together and work as one.............I'd also say that the fans need to do so as well :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:04 pm

Totally agree with Carl.

For me he just hasn't lived up to expectations.
If it was any other player I think we would be doubting his selection.

In the first few games he played he was constantly marked by 2 players and this gave more room for Jay, Chops, whittingham etc. Although Craig didnt look fantastic in the game it obviously helped the team performance coz the space they all had.

For me Bellers as stayed out wide too often and is not threatening the goal. Maybe the opposition managers have seen this and are not man marking him so much.

when he played for man city he used to hang on that left wing but always came in on his right foot and have a go at goal - he doesnt seem to be doing it for us.
anyone remember that goal he scored from the left agains man utd.

maybe its what Jones as told him to do but I do not think it s playing to his strengths.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:07 pm

annis,i do not know craig,so i can only make assumptions of what i think and what i do know,he is a fabulous player,but he has his problems,not many players with his abillity manage to last 1 season with clubs and then move on,he is a very focused player but at times he loses control,he does upset camps,but a craig playing his best is a fantastic site. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:21 pm

He's been shite apart from few half decent performances. Reminds me of the tale of The Emperor's New Clothes. Perhaps when he's fit things will change

Sorry for appearing to be so negative (and a new boy)

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:25 pm

I think Bells said himself that he is still not happy with his fitness on sunday on sky so I think we havent seen the best of him yet also I think he lost heart on saturday as so many players were not playing well to me he looked frustrated.

Craig didnt play well against the Jacks that will hurt him so I think Craig will get back and look out the championship and hopefully swansea at liberty will see the improved Bellamy.

Jones needs to pick the team up and Bellamy will be an important part of that getting fit playing well and being the good captain he is giving the players the much needed airdryer treatment

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:50 pm

Or could it be that EVERY SIDE IN THE LEAGUE is petrified of Bellers and are sticking THREE MEN on him every game?

That's what I think is the explanation behind it.

Plus I've seen him hold/check up on his knees so often in the games he's been here I really think he's nervous about over-working himself and getting a bad mid/long term injury he KNOWS would let the fans down.

There was nothing he could do against the Jacks because he had no outlet when the ball did occasionally come to him

He hasn't let me down yet :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:11 am

I think Bellers sums it up quite well himself when he says he hasn't yet been up to speed because of his on-going injury. He says he's nearing full fitness and wants to (quote) 'terrorise' opposing defences and help drive us to the Premiership....

Given (at least to my knowledge) Craig doesn't possess a Public Service Vehicle (Bus!!) Licence then I can only assume he means ' on the pitch' which is pretty good news for us....and VERY worrying for the opposition!!

Watch this space....'cos Craig Bellamy's about to occupy it!! LOL :lol:

:ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol: :ayatollah: :lol:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:20 pm

Annis , I genuinely believe ,that he is streets ahead in speed of mind and ability , and our players are finding it tough to drag themselves up to his ability. therefore they are dragging him down to somewherenear there level. He must be really frustrated, as its clear to anyonee in the know , that the better the standard of players you play with the better you performa nd become, just my opinion. was thinking exactly this when watching on saturday against forest.

And whilst we are discussing Saturday , why does it take Dave Jones so F*cking long to change thngs when he vcan clearly see things are not working , particularly in midfield. It drives me Insane. ok rant over. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:53 pm

If Jay had converted that electric run and cross 2nd half, we would never have lost that game.

Thats' what we want to see more of - he says today (BBC source) he is now nearly fit. He looked pretty fit for 90 minutes at lLeds but nevertheless, maybe he'll now show us more of what he can do. Waiting for one of those searing runs like he did for Man City at Old Trafford and the Bridge last season.

Put anther way I'd rather him in my team than not. :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:11 pm

undybluebird wrote:Annis , I genuinely believe ,that he is streets ahead in speed of mind and ability , and our players are finding it tough to drag themselves up to his ability. therefore they are dragging him down to somewherenear there level. He must be really frustrated, as its clear to anyonee in the know , that the better the standard of players you play with the better you performa nd become, just my opinion. was thinking exactly this when watching on saturday against forest.

And whilst we are discussing Saturday , why does it take Dave Jones so F*cking long to change thngs when he vcan clearly see things are not working , particularly in midfield. It drives me Insane. ok rant over. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Undy, I actually I am more on your line of thinking, The quality he is use to around him is not there, Also Championship, he is much more tougher, Not Quality compared to the Prem.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:12 pm

krab wrote:

annis,i do not know craig,so i can only make assumptions of what i think and what i do know,he is a fabulous player,but he has his problems,not many players with his abillity manage to last 1 season with clubs and then move on,he is a very focused player but at times he loses control,he does upset camps,but a craig playing his best is a fantastic site. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Kevin, there has already started a bit of arguing and trouble in the Camp.

krab wrote:

Kevin, there has already started a bit of arguing and trouble in the Camp, with Bells involved.

Our midfield are not picking him out quickly enough. Bellamy always wants that ball
wide and early. Watch him carefully... he is a master at finding space, but
by the time the ball has got to him he is on his back foot and double marked.
Cardiff City HAVE to play Chris Burke on the opposite wing because it gives
us options.

If we can see all this.... why cant Jones?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:14 pm

taffyapple wrote:Our midfield are not picking him out quickly enough. Bellamy always wants that ball
wide and early. Watch him carefully... he is a master at finding space, but
by the time the ball has got to him he is on his back foot and double marked.
Cardiff City HAVE to play Chris Burke on the opposite wing because it gives
us options.

If we can see all this.... why cant Jones?

I Agree with that 100% You could see it v Forest home.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:24 pm

In order to get the best out of Bellers we need to start stretching teams, playing with real width and pace. I am a big Burke fan, with Burke hugging the touchline, and Jay and Chops working the centre backs, in time, I believe we will start to see Bellamy becoming more prominent in games. Chops is a little of the pace at the moment and looks to be carrying a bit of weight, we need him playing off the CB's shoulder, this is his main strength. Jay remains the main man, and we are still heavily reliant on things going through him....and I think the key to Bellamy becoming more effective lies with our central midfield.

Without width, and without Jay or a fully fit Chops, then it is all too easy for the opposition to double up on Bellamy. When everyone is firing we could be a real handful for anyone in this division including QPR and the Swans....only at Leeds have we seen a real glimpse of what we can be.

I think central midfield remains a big issue. Drinkwater coming back to fitness is a big plus, but I think we still need a clever ball playing midfielder like a Charlie Adam/Aron Ramsey type, who can dictate matches and get the front players moving. McPhail can do it in patches, but I don't think he is the answer.....maybe this is a key position for DJ to address in Jan along with CB and maybe cover for Jay. Oli is good at playing the holding role, and breaking up attacks but his passing is not the best. And as for Koumas, he has hidden since returning to the club, and not really offered much. His lack of form is alarming and he needs to start delivering pronto.

I agree with lots of what has already been said, the championship is a tough league, it can be a dog fight and I think we suffer from a lack of quality at times. I have seen Bellamy sometimes and he makes excellent runs that are either not picked out or not picked out quickly enough and he ends up running offside. I do believe that we will make it work, and lets remember that we have had 2 bad home defeats and remain 2nd in the table, imagine what we can achieve once we hit top form!!! keep the faith!!! :ayatollah:

Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:27 pm

It's the problem we've been having as of late. We've been playing too centrally. Everything focused on Bothroyd. It's been leaving our wide men out of the game. I'm not sure why this has been happening. I would say Bellamy's been playing badly, but he hasn't. He just simply hasn't been shown enough of the ball.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:00 pm

A lot of good observations have been made and it is my opinion that CB is being dragged down to the level of the typical championship player over the 90 minutes. He does however haver moments of pure quality and skill. He put in that superb cross for Jay ( who kept up with him ) from a hospital ball pass. He also put Jay clear early in the game. Against Forest we had a chubby Chopra in the middle and no width at all on the left. I believe CB is playing where Jones want him and had been told to stay out wide. However with McNaughton cutting in on his right foot on Saturday we lost width on the left and the crosses he put in came at the wrong angle for the strikers. ) instead of (
If we have Naylor and Burke in the team on Saturday we will score goals and CB will flourish.

We will be top of the league at 5.00 pm Saturday!

Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:30 pm

Lots of good points but I do wonder about Bellamys confidence at the moment, I dont think I seen hi beat a player against forest. He had a number of shot go sky high and also had a few opportunities to run at the CB's and ended up looking for passes. I honestly thought in the first half against forest he was injured but he seemed fine in the second half with his running.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:17 pm

I just think our midfield are not functioning, Oli is going through a bad patch and also the two games we lost either Bothroyd or Burke were not playing, they are big players for us, Bothroyd for obvious reasons but Burke constantly gets behind the defence which we have lacked with him being out of the side.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:06 pm

We're just having a couple of hard/bad games.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:01 pm

I think Craig has been pivotal in the majority of the goals scored in the games he's been involved in.

The level between Championship and top end of the Premier is considerable. You can see he's still trying to play that game and to be honest he's TOO good, its almost a waste. In defence of our current squad most of them probably have never played with someone like CB and it will take some getting use to...

Only time at this level can iron some of it out but I'm still over the moon that we've got a player like CB in or side and still think the best is yet to come and when it matters the most. Remeber the long ball to BUrke and the free kick on his debut? I do and there be plenty more to come providing the team respond to him positively :ayatollah:

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:51 pm

GREAT DEBATE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:57 am

I think that the first few games Bellers was playing in the roll he can use his skills and speed the best.
Since Dave has started to play not just him but other players out of there normal positions its all gone a bit ddown hill.
Bellers is a winner and I think if he cant get the best out of himself and his team his own game suffers also.
Its like the timing is the heart of an engine, if its out the engine dont run as it should, and other things in the engine
cant run to its full power. I think we will see Bellers and the wwhole of the team get back to full power in the next few games. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:42 am

welshcitydragon wrote:I think that the first few games Bellers was playing in the roll he can use his skills and speed the best.
Since Dave has started to play not just him but other players out of there normal positions its all gone a bit ddown hill.
Bellers is a winner and I think if he cant get the best out of himself and his team his own game suffers also.
Its like the timing is the heart of an engine, if its out the engine dont run as it should, and other things in the engine
cant run to its full power. I think we will see Bellers and the wwhole of the team get back to full power in the next few games. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes A lot of what you Say there, I agree with, DJ has to stop playing his players out of position.