Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THIS MIGHT BE GETTING BORING BUT...

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:09 pm

...I wish the club would wake up from their arrogant coma and give us the grange end back!

IMO the issue is simply indicative of the type of people who are responsible for making these decisions without being in touch with the true history and culture of our club (this is by no means a pop at the Malaysians as they are the saviours at the mo - more aimed towards Mr Jenkins an co i suppose).
You speak to any football fan throughout the Valleys or Cardiff (or throughout Britain in fact) and they will be distinctly aware our club has an 'edge' - its expected on match day, away days and is accepted by all. I could be completely out of touch in saying this but I've never spoken to anyone who has a direct problem with our fans behaviour etc. People know what to expect when going to our stadium or travelling with us and thats their choice, its part of the fabric almost and is a big reason why we are where we are today. Attendances this year are very healthy.

I would like to point out I do not promote hooliganism or mindless violence, but there is a place to settle a bit of needle whether it be verbal or whatever - but the passion that drives some of the behaviour the club essentially frowns upon (and base alot of their decision making against) is a fundamental part of the brilliant support that makes Cardiff City fans right up there with the best. I dont believe you can have it both ways - I'm sorry but it needs to be embraced by the club and managed intelligently to get the best from both worlds i.e governance from the clubs perspective and a quality atmosphere from ours. If by that we get the odd bit of disruption then so be it, the only people affected will be those who choose to be.

I was defo not the only fella pi*sed off in the Canton end on Saturday watchin over to the Forest lot takn liberties witht he family stand, who were not even interested in charging towards the Ninian - I'M not saying everyone needs to jump the fences or onto the pitch, but a little reminder for the sad little fu*kers in the away end of having lads either side of them would have spared the family stand of the abuse and made Forest think a bit before provoking - SIGN THE PETITION ALL, LETS MAKE SOME STRIDES TOWARDS SORTING IT OUT! Rant over, ha

Re: THIS MIGHT BE GETTING BORING BUT...

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:17 pm

I am in the Grange and i agree the ends should be changed. I cant stand the atmosphere at the moment. But believe me those Forest lads had they got over to us would of been dealt with. We had more than enough to of seen those twats off. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: THIS MIGHT BE GETTING BORING BUT...

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:18 pm

I do not promote Violence or hooliganism either and I second your thoughts :ayatollah: