Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Is Chopra a luxury?

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:41 pm

Chops is my favourite City player of the last 5 years. His enthusiasm and goal scoring ability adds so much to the team...but.

Since Bellamy came to the club I have felt that Chops has not been the same player.It seems to me that Jones is trying to keep all his big names onside, but to me the team doesn't function properly with Bellers wide left and Chops up front with Jay, If, as often happens,teams play against us with 5 in midfield.
Against QPR we will surely need all the 'bite' we can muster in midfield and this means I believe Drinkwater, who looked quite good when he came on v Notts Forest should play,hopefully Burke will be fit,meaning that Chops will have to be content with a place on the bench in what will be a 4 -5- 1 formation. Burke and Bellamy to support Jay up front.
My team v QPR would be
Heaton
Mcnaughton
Hudson
Gyepes
Naylor
Burke
Oli
Drinkwater
Whitts
Bellamy
Jay
:o :o

Re: Is Chopra a luxury?

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:45 pm

Sorry but Chopra looks overweight and has lost his pace. Got to agree maybe he should be on the bench Sat. He could be usefull from the bench though.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:00 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Sorry but Chopra looks overweight and has lost his pace. Got to agree maybe he should be on the bench Sat. He could be usefull from the bench though.

His shorts looked a bit tight on saturday, I'm not gay mind it was just very noticeable :lol:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:07 pm

Looks like he has put on weight.(ala ross mc). Had a touch like an elephant saturday unless he scores loads he is being carried by the other 10

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:19 pm

Bowmonster wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Sorry but Chopra looks overweight and has lost his pace. Got to agree maybe he should be on the bench Sat. He could be usefull from the bench though.

His shorts looked a bit tight on saturday, I'm not gay mind it was just very noticeable :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: yess sweetie!! :lol: :lol:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:42 pm

Bellamy is a luxury.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:50 pm

Nothing has matched the pairing of Oli and H2o in the middle of midfield.
Given a good run, i agree that those two with Whitts will be by far our
best option in the middle... then Burke, Bellers and Jay are our best option
up top. Chops is not back to his best at all, and if he HAS piled on a few
pounds then you have to ask... WHAT THE f**k ARE THE COACHING STAFF
DOING???

McCormack, Gerrard, Darcy last year, now Chopra??

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:01 pm

I've been thinking this over since Saturday, and while I disagree with Dave Jones taking him off at half time in that manner, I have to agree completely with the original posters suggested team line up. We are seriously missing, lacking coherency in the midfield. No one seems to be able to control the ball, pass the ball like we did a few weeks ago.

I think Drinkwater in midfield would not only take some of the defensive pressure off Oli, but would free Whitts(or indeed McPhail) to look up more, be in a position to receive the ball and indeed to pass it, rather than being handicapped in the first place by having to cover Oli. Whittinghams passing has been rank lately because he's on the back foot when he gets the ball, and he cant seem to get rid of the ball fast enough.

I think Bellamy and Burke being free to join the attacks, with less defensive responsibility, is a far greater threat to opponents than Chopra being accomodated.

If Dave Jones likes the method of slowly rehabilitating players from injury (ala Riggott), then surely Chopra needs something done about his weight before he can be in our team every week. He might buck up his ideas if he gets dropped. :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:59 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: yess sweetie!! :lol: :lol:

:oops: ;) :lol: