Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" US and QPR MONEY and QUALITY IN THE SQUADS "

Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:49 pm

In My Opinion Dave Jones and Neil Warnock Teams Without Doubt Should be up there in The Top 2 in OUR DIVISION, Due to the following.
We Have Without Doubt Got the Highest Wages in This Division, Best Forward Line up outside The Premier, DJ was Allowed Every Player He Asked for.

Last Season We were Also in The Top 3 for Wage Bill.
Also For the 3rd Consecutive Season DJ is On the Highest Wages.
Blackpool/Jacks spent Quarter of What We did on Wages last Season, The Same This Year with The Jacks.

DJ for 3 years Running has Said This Is My best Ever Team/Squad of Players, He choose them ALL.

So I am Curious why So many People Say DJ has it Hard and they Feel Sorry For Him ?

IF Warnock Fails This Year, its GOODBYE for Him and He is one of MY Favourite Managers.

Re: " US and QPR MONEY and QUALITY IN THE SQUADS "

Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:51 pm

I hate Warnock -A right moaner

BUT I would love him to manager Cardiff :ayatollah:

He wears his heart on his sleeve a real motivator

Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:54 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:I hate Warnock -A right moaner

BUT I would love him to manager Cardiff :ayatollah:

He wears his heart on his sleeve a real motivator

And thats What I like about him :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:02 pm

I used to like Warnock but I lost time for him at Crystal Palace after his defence of Claude Davis, not only in the Roger Johnson incident. I admire his ability to motivate and get teams going but that's where my admiration ends. He's gotten too big for his boots now.

I certainly don't think Jones has had it hard this year or even last year. We spent £1m on Hudson which in my opinion was very bad business. When you think that Swansea bought Sinclair for a similar amount, that's what was on the market. Blake and Gerrard then to start centre backs, I reckon we would have gone up. It's all ifs and buts though.

I've been a fan of Jones's for a long time and we have made constant progress under him which no-one can deny. However, for me, this year is it. If he doesn't get us promoted with the team and resources we have then I will have to wonder if we need a new man in. I hope he does do it because, for all his faults, he is one of the best managers in the country. This season is the decider though.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:04 pm

I am firmily of the oppinion that this is DJ's last season to deliver at CCFC, & he & his team know this only to well, hence all the recent tensions & frayed nerves with the squad & management. Saturday v QPR will be interesting to see how the team/management react.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:31 pm

Let's not forget that this time last year we were under a transfer embargo.....This new year will be different.
jones still got us to a playoff final, i think that needs to be remembered.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:35 pm

Zabier wrote:I used to like Warnock but I lost time for him at Crystal Palace after his defence of Claude Davis, not only in the Roger Johnson incident. I admire his ability to motivate and get teams going but that's where my admiration ends. He's gotten too big for his boots now.

I certainly don't think Jones has had it hard this year or even last year. We spent £1m on Hudson which in my opinion was very bad business. When you think that Swansea bought Sinclair for a similar amount, that's what was on the market. Blake and Gerrard then to start centre backs, I reckon we would have gone up. It's all ifs and buts though.

I've been a fan of Jones's for a long time and we have made constant progress under him which no-one can deny. However, for me, this year is it. If he doesn't get us promoted with the team and resources we have then I will have to wonder if we need a new man in. I hope he does do it because, for all his faults, he is one of the best managers in the country. This season is the decider though.

A mix of somewhere inbetween Warnock and old misery guts would be ideal

Warnock is too gobby and big for his boots now like you say.

But Jones teams lack passion

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:39 pm

brick1964 wrote:Let's not forget that this time last year we were under a transfer embargo.....This new year will be different.

And Blackpool Did and Won it, With No Money ALL SEASON . :cry:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:12 pm

I don't get the thing about QPR. They've got more or less the same squad as last year, and Warnock has been in charge since the beginning of last March, and they finished mid-table. What's different ?

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:26 pm

That's a fair enough comment Annis.
but there was a huge pressure on us, off the field last year and i believe this year we'll get there. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
brick1964 wrote:Let's not forget that this time last year we were under a transfer embargo.....This new year will be different.

And Blackpool Did and Won it, With No Money ALL SEASON . :cry:

they won - please dont remind us :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:32 pm

Has jones had everyone he wants or just those he wanted from the loan Market and free lists?

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:08 am

2blue2handle wrote:Has jones had everyone he wants or just those he wanted from the loan Market and free lists?

Luke, At the Beg of June 2010, Jones gave a list to Borley/TG of players he Wanted, I put some of them out on This Forum, Got laughed at by certain people, Well they all came True and DJ WAS VERY HAPPY. WE have the BEST FIRE POWER IN THE DIVISION, DJ Chose our Midfield and Defence, So I would Say YES DJ HAD WHAT HE WANTED :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:32 am

2blue2handle wrote:Has jones had everyone he wants or just those he wanted from the loan Market and free lists?

You could give DJ Carlos Tevez, Didier Drogba, Fernando Torres whoever if you send them out to play in the same tatcical formation as Saturday and we would still have struggled to beat Forest.

The question here is when the man says he has the best squad he has ever had, and that he has options on the bench to mix things up which he has never had before, why is he still showing an inability to change events on the pitch by the decisions he makes off it.

The best example I can think to explain this is most anyone would agree that on Saturday, and in particular the first half, Cardiff were very narrow through the midfield and upfront. At halftime our manager decided to take Chopra off and move Bellamy up front. At the same time he chose to move Koumas to wide left and Whittingham to wide right.

This resulted in a right footed player cutting inside onto his favoured foot and a left footed player doing the same and hey presto we are playing the narrow game again. For me this is why people rightly accuse DJ of not having a plan B as even when he "CHANGES" things you end up with more of the same.

The biggest challenge DJ faces this season is not getting promtion it's getting the best out of this fantastic squad and winning this League in the process. If he continues to perform they way he did on Saturday he will fail because he made it easy for an OK Forest side to walk away with the points. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:51 am

castleblue wrote:

You could give DJ Carlos Tevez, Didier Drogba, Fernando Torres whoever if you send them out to play in the same tatcical formation as Saturday and we would still have struggled to beat Forest.

The question here is when the man says he has the best squad he has ever had, and that he has options on the bench to mix things up which he has never had before, why is he still showing an inability to change events on the pitch by the decisions he makes off it.

The best example I can think to explain this is most anyone would agree that on Saturday, and in particular the first half, Cardiff were very narrow through the midfield and upfront. At halftime our manager decided to take Chopra off and move Bellamy up front. At the same time he chose to move Koumas to wide left and Whittingham to wide right.

This resulted in a right footed player cutting inside onto his favoured foot and a left footed player doing the same and hey presto we are playing the narrow game again. For me this is why people rightly accuse DJ of not having a plan B as even when he "CHANGES" things you end up with more of the same.

The biggest challenge DJ faces this season is not getting promtion it's getting the best out of this fantastic squad and winning this League in the process. If he continues to perform they way he did on Saturday he will fail because he made it easy for an OK Forest side to walk away with the points. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Another Excellent post Castleblue :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:59 am

[quote="Zabier"]I used to like Warnock but I lost time for him at Crystal Palace after his defence of Claude Davis, not only in the Roger Johnson incident. I admire his ability to motivate and get teams going but that's where my admiration ends. He's gotten too big for his boots now.

he was just sticking up for someone who worked for him.. wenger , fergie and so on all do it

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:09 am

plan B worked against Doncaster very well .................. dont think its been seen since has it ? :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:41 pm

castleblue wrote:

bang on fair play

Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Luke, At the Beg of June 2010, Jones gave a list to Borley/TG of players he Wanted, I put some of them out on This Forum, Got laughed at by certain people, Well they all came True and DJ WAS VERY HAPPY. WE have the BEST FIRE POWER IN THE DIVISION, DJ Chose our Midfield and Defence, So I would Say YES DJ HAD WHAT HE WANTED :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Im not questioning the quality we have and no doubt DJ is very happy with the quality of the squad, I think we have great quality. But he knew we couldnt spend a penny on transfer fees so he was looking for the best loans and frees about and I think he did that very well. Im sure DJ would also have liked to have dipped into the transfer market though when the likes of Scott Sinclaire and Taabat where available but he couldnt. I find it hard to believe he is happy with the defence though, Carl said a number of times that he wanted Loovens on loan and that he was looking at other CB's, in the end we had to take a risk on Riggott but surely DJ would have preferred to have gone out and bought a player he knew was match fit and could play.

Also all these loans are here for a reason and with the exception of Bellamy its because they cant get in there current first teams, they lack something or another.

The biggest challenge DJ faces this season is not getting promtion it's getting the best out of this fantastic squad and winning this League in the process. If he continues to perform they way he did on Saturday he will fail because he made it easy for an OK Forest side to walk away with the points.

I agree with a lot of that, he got it wrong at Forest, very wrong but then he also got it very right at Leeds with practically the same players. Maybe he is struggling to fit everyone in at the moment and why he took the tough decision to take Chopra off Saturday to try something different (another mystake IMO). He wont be the first manager to struggle to fit players in though, just look at all the managers England have had and they still cant do it.