Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " GIVE AN HONEST ANSWER TO THE FOLLOWING "

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:35 pm

no chance,too many superstars.when the going gets tough the egos blame each other.would never happen under warnock.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:38 pm

i think the current squad is good enough,as i said saturday,half the team have prem experience,but my concern is we are not getting the best out of what we have already got,maybe just maybe the problem is not the players,annis that is my honest opinion, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:48 pm

As long as Bellamy and Jay stayed fit then yes I think we would.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" GIVE AN HONEST ANSWER TO THE FOLLOWING " If We never Signed any New players in Jan, Do you Still Honestly Believe We Will go up(Just Curious about how strong you feel this Squad is etc ) ?
(Dont Worry VT/TG has assured DJ there will be Money available).
But just imagine if they did a Riddler.

Would This Squad get us up under DJ ?

yes i think we can go up but we could do with a 5or6 unbeaten run to start to pull away from the rest .and dont forget annis ive known you know for a good few years you and sam hamamam made me belive in the club belive in the badge and i still belive dave jones will get us there even though i question his decisons know and again

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:01 pm

Excellent debate, and on paper I would say yes. Our 1st team is the envy of everyone, but we've seen what happens when Jay is out. It's also not fair to rely on Jay to keep at his best, every striker will go through a barren spell at some stage and I worry what will happen if Jay picks up a knock, suspension or just has a bad spell during the run in. We need cover for him, Keogh just isn't it.

Koumas has been a huge disappointment, and I think was a big risk. I'm also not sure about Naylor.

So, if all our key players stay healthy and on form we SHOULD go up automatically, I don't think my nerves could take another trip to Wembley!!

We should also consider the pressure, both on DJ and the players, for the first time since I can remember we've been expected to go up since the start of the season, and I think that pressure is getting to everyone right now, including us fans. Added to that, every team that plays us sees us almost as their cup final.

I have faith in Jones, and maybe he'll spring a few surprises in January, but they have to be the right players who will fit in. Other teams will strngthen, maybe that's what cost us last season.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:03 pm

i think with a few fresh faces in january and hopefully no departures we should be ok!!! The key for me is how dave jones man manages all these so called superstars and how he keeps them all happy! :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:10 pm

yes us and QPR for automatic, i dont think any of the teams below us have squads strong enough to push for automatic.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:32 pm

In my opinion VT has already backed Jones to the hilt but the defence is a major weakness and needs to be addressed. However, whose to say Jones won't bring in a few more duds like Koumas, Keogh and Naylor.

On paper we should be more than a match for anyone but we have got too many big time players (charlies?) who are not performing to anywhere near their best. It pains me to say it but if the Jacks manage to to get themselves a proven goalscorer then they will be a better bet to go up than us (I hope i've jinxed the muppets by stating that).

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:41 pm

Honest answer - defo we're going up. I don't feel any of the intense nerves i've felt in previous seasons. Next summer is guna be exciting!

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:30 pm

People forget we haven't spent even 1p on a transfer fee. Jones has been backed in terms of wages very well but credit to him he has used the free and loan Market well IMO, not everything has works out perfectly but there is usually a gd reason players are loaned out or on frees??

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:37 pm

far to many games to go suspensions - injuries - transfers - no B-PLAN off DJ has to be a regretable no :(

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:47 pm

This squad, injury and suspension free, yes.

Highly unlikely to happen though.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:05 am

Interesting Debate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: