Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" GIVE AN HONEST ANSWER TO THE FOLLOWING "

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:38 am

" GIVE AN HONEST ANSWER TO THE FOLLOWING " If We never Signed any New players in Jan, Do you Still Honestly Believe We Will go up(Just Curious about how strong you feel this Squad is etc ) ?
(Dont Worry VT/TG has assured DJ there will be Money available).
But just imagine if they did a Riddler.

Would This Squad get us up under DJ ?

Re: " GIVE AN HONEST ANSWER TO THE FOLLOWING "

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:46 am

Honest answer ; NO :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:51 am

The current squad is good enough to finish top 6 which then gives us the lottery of the play - offs BUT promotion cant be guranteed from that route so the answer has to be NO :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:52 am

no we got class players but no back ups if any of them get injured

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:56 am

I think we'd get in the play-offs but we'd ship too many goals to reach the top two.

People are worrying right now, and understandably so, but we were none to shabby at Scunthorpe and it's just the consistency we need to nail.

I think a CB and CF would do it :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:58 am

Forever Blue wrote:" GIVE AN HONEST ANSWER TO THE FOLLOWING " If We never Signed any New players in Jan, Do you Still Honestly Believe We Will go up(Just Curious about how strong you feel this Squad is etc ) ?
(Dont Worry VT/TG has assured DJ there will be Money available).
But just imagine if they did a Riddler.

Would This Squad get us up under DJ ?

Our squad is good enough without replacements in my opinion although it will rely on our front players outscoring our opponents.

The biggest problem is as it always is can DJ get the best out of the players, as carl eluded to last night in his update our better players are questioning how we set up to play at home. This was 100% confirmed by Craig Bellamy on Super Sunday yesterday

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26925

DJ will not like Craig going public with this but I have no doubt that it's true, how will DJ react and is there a fallout with Craig on the cards.

I know which side I will be on and it won't be DJ. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:33 am

NO - we need a proper defender, with gyppo and blake not upto the job lately.

We also need someone upfront to keep Chopra on his toes - must never get to the stage where a player thinks he can get in a team because there's no one else.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:52 am

think we would be there or thereabouts.

Need another centreback.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:52 am

our first team on paper is comfortbaly the strongest in the league. but i cant stand Dave Jones and dont have any confidence in him, and that where i think we will fall down :?

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:55 am

NO :(

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:50 am

Just. I think it would be tight.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:54 am

I feel that to push up we need to get a stronger back 4. We're very strong going forward, but defensively we crumble. Olofinjana can only do so much.

Honest answer - YES, but it'll be a struggle if our back 4 don't sort themselves out.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:56 am

no. were basically playing with 9 low prem class players and 2 conference level players in the back

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:04 am

Definite no, our current defence would see to that. City, under DJ are just to predictable, & the more experienced managers in the Championship [Davies, Keane, Warnock] know Jones tactics inside out, as did Holloway last season.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:12 am

forest have spent 15million on players in the last few years, they ran 13.4million over budget last year, and they couldn't make it to the play off final! go's to show what a fantastic job dave jones is doing, when you consider what he has had to spend, and what he has had to sell, but currently i don't think we are quite good enough for top 2, koumas and keogh have been major dissappointments so far and offer no real competition for chopra bothroyd and burke, heaton is no better than marshall and neither give me confidence, and we need a tall, fast centre half, like the one we sold to birmingham last year. so no, at the present time we are a good bet for the play offs, if we want top 2 we need at least 4 players, centre half, winger striker and goalkeeper (hennassy wants to get away from wolves, and hes miles better than what we have) most important would be someone to compete and/or replace bothroyd and burke seeing that neither of them wants to sign a new contract.
time for the tans to splash the cash :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:14 am

no i dont think so ,on our day we are unbeatable but when four or five players under perform we are useless and the manager is clueless, so unless we get four players in jan we will struggle

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:32 am

inconsistency is are problem, if we want to up looking the part we need to perform on regular basis. if they did riddler then we would be right in the shit.

but saying that jones got what he asks for so it over to him even tho i am jones fan he got what he wants so he got take ruff with the smooth i suppose.

we need four players other wise we be in play off by may. thats my opinion we two up and down for automatic place. but saying that we are still second but this league is prob one of hardest leagues in the world.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:12 pm

Another Good Debate :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:16 pm

Depends on the rest of the Championship. On the face of it we are the 2nd best team in the division and unless other sides improve dramatically then we should go up.

However that is using the rule of thumb, not an exact science.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:42 pm

no chance without new editions!!!

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:04 pm

Hmm, tricky one. It's going to be close no matter what. I think we'll finish in the top two no matter. Blind faith? Maybe. I just think we have too much quality this season. Even if we get an injury or two. I hope I am right. I would like us to strengthen though just to make sure. We need the right additions though.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:41 pm

We will not get promoted with the current defence. End of.

Forget about how good we are going forward, name me one successful team with
a weak defence?

look at Man Utd and Chelsea now... Ferdinand has lost his pace, Terry is out for
a while and suddenly both teams are beatable.. by just about anybody!!!

Good managers can spot weaknesses in sides and will look to exploit them.

Stevie Wonder could spot the weaknesses in our defence!!!

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:47 pm

Yes we will go up. When Bellamy signed not only did we sign a top player but he has brought a top quality coach in Raymond Vermeijen with him. Reading Raymond s twitter page Raymond has been back and foe to Cardiff with Craig. He has been in regular discussion with City's Conditioning Coach Alex Armstrong working on individual programmes for the whole team

I believe taking Raymond's periodisation programme on, that we will avoid over training, have less injuries. This leading to us having fitter fresher players than other teams in the second half of the season.

This is why I believe we will go up
:ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:53 pm

I believe we will scrape automatic but only because the standard in this division is much of a muchness.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:42 pm

If i'm honest No I dont think we would make it. I think currently the team hinges around, bellamy, Burke and Jay. Possibly if 2 out of the 3 went out injured I dont think the strength in depth would see us through. :roll:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:01 pm

If we didn't add anymore players in Jan, I still believe we would be good enough to go up auto, providing that no other teams added to their squads either. Now we know that this isn't gonna happen, QPR, Burnley,Norwich, Leeds amongst others will all be pushing the boat out come Jan, so if Jonesy adds the 3-4 players we need then I'm confident we'll do the business and go up auto, but if we don't add and the other main rivals do (which is what I think was the initial question) then I think we may come up short and have to go through the play off route again, but would still get to the promised land via this method. So the answer would be yes but via the play offs.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:08 pm

No, not a chance !

We need at least: one goalkeeper, two centre halves, two midfielders and a striker !

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:13 pm

I think we've got a good squad of midfielders.

We need a striker, and at least one defender.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:21 pm

Yes but we need another 3, like it says in carls update down the spine of the team.
An eye opener for me was looking at the Leeds and Reading programmes. They had each squad side by side. Individuals on ours are by far better, but overall numbers we are 6/7 players less.
Think what would hapen if Hudson was injured and then Gypes got sent off again for example? Its not beyond the realms of possibilty then Oly would be centre back or Quinn.
Likewise if Bothroyd got injured.......

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:31 pm

I'd like to think so but wouldnt put money on it :ayatollah: