Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

family stand and recent trouble

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:21 am

The first time i saw any anomosity towards the family stand was the millwall game where a few twats tried to get at us and stood there spitting , shouting and kicking seats..i saw one millwall fan in his late 40s to early 50s throw what i reckon were coins on a few occasions...
against forest they had around 50 lads the stone island/aquascutum brigade right near us and a few did try to reach the family stand one or two were taken out by police and stewards...

During the second half there were 2 forest fans shouting abuse at a oldish guy with what must have been his grandchildren i saw a city fan near them shouting its a family stand its a family stand and pointing at the kids around him and the forest fan clearly said SO f*cking WHAT??
The police and stewards were looking at us for a reaction and not at the forest fans who should have been thrown out.. a 10p coin landed near to me and my daughter and it was the first time ive seen my daughter getting nervous and asking can we go home now..
i dont mind a little charge and celebration towards us if they score but and once these morons throw a coin or two it leaves you on edge all game when you have children with you..
i think the club needs to act as they threaten bans to city fans who stand but stood there watching forest fans threatening kids in the family stand...

Re: family stand and recent trouble

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:28 am

jinks/cwm wrote:The first time i saw any anomosity towards the family stand was the millwall game where a few twats tried to get at us and stood there spitting , shouting and kicking seats..i saw one millwall fan in his late 40s to early 50s throw what i reckon were coins on a few occasions...
against forest they had around 50 lads the stone island/aquascutum brigade right near us and a few did try to reach the family stand one or two were taken out by police and stewards...

During the second half there were 2 forest fans shouting abuse at a oldish guy with what must have been his grandchildren i saw a city fan near them shouting its a family stand its a family stand and pointing at the kids around him and the forest fan clearly said SO f*cking WHAT??
The police and stewards were looking at us for a reaction and not at the forest fans who should have been thrown out.. a 10p coin landed near to me and my daughter and it was the first time ive seen my daughter getting nervous and asking can we go home now..
i dont mind a little charge and celebration towards us if they score but and once these morons throw a coin or two it leaves you on edge all game when you have children with you..
i think the club needs to act as they threaten bans to city fans who stand but stood there watching forest fans threatening kids in the family stand...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26821 :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:01 am

jinks/cwm wrote:The first time i saw any anomosity towards the family stand was the millwall game where a few twats tried to get at us and stood there spitting , shouting and kicking seats..i saw one millwall fan in his late 40s to early 50s throw what i reckon were coins on a few occasions...

it seemed quite lively looking over from the canton stand. and i can imagine if i had kids it would be very uncomfortable. and we both know if one had hit your daughter and you reacted which one of you would get done :twisted:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:18 am

forest were the worse.. credit to the jacks they did give a bit of shit but it was more banter than anything unlike those forest twats.. the police and stewards just stood there watching a few giving the family stand vile abuse but last week threatened one guy by us with a ban and eviction for standing up to sing :twisted:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:46 am

How long will it be before the city fans react to this coin throwing, charging and spitting at our families ?. It's a time bomb waiting to go off. The club have got the seating arrangements badly wrong, if safety is paramount to them, then surely the safety of families should be their first priority. Sooner or later it will kick off big time as city fans will only tolerate so much of this crap coming from the away fans. Poke a dog with a stick enough times and it will bite you.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:01 am

frazier wrote:How long will it be before the city fans react to this coin throwing, charging and spitting at our families ?. It's a time bomb waiting to go off. The club have got the seating arrangements badly wrong, if safety is paramount to them, then surely the safety of families should be their first priority. Sooner or later it will kick off big time as city fans will only tolerate so much of this crap coming from the away fans. Poke a dog with a stick enough times and it will bite you.

i agree because yesterday when a coin landed by us i was fuming and so were a few others near to where we were sitting.
i do think its a timebomb waiting to go off because if a group of away fans manage to get through or something like a child getting hit by a seat then i think there will be trouble as i woudnt underestimate the family stand

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:19 am

jinks/cwm wrote:
frazier wrote:How long will it be before the city fans react to this coin throwing, charging and spitting at our families ?. It's a time bomb waiting to go off. The club have got the seating arrangements badly wrong, if safety is paramount to them, then surely the safety of families should be their first priority. Sooner or later it will kick off big time as city fans will only tolerate so much of this crap coming from the away fans. Poke a dog with a stick enough times and it will bite you.

i agree because yesterday when a coin landed by us i was fuming and so were a few others near to where we were sitting.
i do think its a timebomb waiting to go off because if a group of away fans manage to get through or something like a child getting hit by a seat then i think there will be trouble as i woudnt underestimate the family stand

there are alot of men in the family stand who are know taking there kids, lets just say knowing some of them, i wouldnt want to hit there kid with a coin :oops:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:42 pm

Didnt the Forest Scabs cause problems at Watford in their last away game before us ? set something on fire in the ground !!

Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:01 pm

Its wrong Jinx, imagine if that coin hit your little girl you would instictvly go mad and then would probably end up getting banned.
The situation definatly needs to be reviewed, its getting out of hand now!

Wayne Nash or whoever is in charge, how would you like it if this was your kids being put off/attacked!?

Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:25 pm

this is your arguement for making 117 and 118 a free standing singing section, the particular group of forest fans you are referring to was a group of about 10 young lads probably 17-23, at the beginning of the game they had set themselves up on the seg line facing the Ninian Stand looking for the usual banter between fans, but Cardiff gave them little or no reaction at all so they moved to the seg line on the family stand about half way through the first, by that time 2 of the group had already been thrown out by stewards. These were a nasty little bunch of fans even at one point arguing with their own supporters. I never noticed coin throwing and that doesnt mean it didnt happen just saying i wasnt aware of it. One thing i will say there is a a small group of kids in the family stand who dont do themselves any favours with there agressive chants gesturing.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:50 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:this is your arguement for making 117 and 118 a free standing singing section, the particular group of forest fans you are referring to was a group of about 10 young lads probably 17-23, at the beginning of the game they had set themselves up on the seg line facing the Ninian Stand looking for the usual banter between fans, but Cardiff gave them little or no reaction at all so they moved to the seg line on the family stand about half way through the first, by that time 2 of the group had already been thrown out by stewards. These were a nasty little bunch of fans even at one point arguing with their own supporters. I never noticed coin throwing and that doesnt mean it didnt happen just saying i wasnt aware of it. One thing i will say there is a a small group of kids in the family stand who dont do themselves any favours with there agressive chants gesturing.

Mate have a day off FFs!

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:16 pm

JONNY012697 wrote:this is your arguement for making 117 and 118 a free standing singing section, the particular group of forest fans you are referring to was a group of about 10 young lads probably 17-23, at the beginning of the game they had set themselves up on the seg line facing the Ninian Stand looking for the usual banter between fans, but Cardiff gave them little or no reaction at all so they moved to the seg line on the family stand about half way through the first, by that time 2 of the group had already been thrown out by stewards. These were a nasty little bunch of fans even at one point arguing with their own supporters. I never noticed coin throwing and that doesnt mean it didnt happen just saying i wasnt aware of it. One thing i will say there is a a small group of kids in the family stand who dont do themselves any favours with there agressive chants gesturing.

the bald one who got thrown out was in his mid to late 20s the guy who was kicking the seat and shouting abuse at us was in his 30s and the group of which one i say spitting and where the coin came from were between 25 and 45 yrs old.
the other one with a stone island jacket pushing the stewards to get over was the same guy who shouted so f*cking what when a city fan pointed that his young kids were there.. again the forest fan was around 35 years old..
so not 17 to 23 at all

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:45 am

spot on :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:51 pm

my argument is us having 118 as a singing section and have the block of the family stand nearest to the away section not as family stand but called the grange and then we could inmdimidate them from both sides and they would think twice about throwing shit :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:05 pm

just swap grange with family stand like old time but have bigger gab? or can't we? i have no idea on stadium things there coppers there anyway and if any 1 wants to try something then they no whats going to happen banned for life chucked out and they got cameras now aint they?

if i had kid in the stadium now i would not put them in family stand.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:57 pm

i sit in family stand with my boy when the away end as about 1000-1500 they abuse everyone boys girls adults millwall and forest the worst so far scum :evil: :evil: they don't care thats all they see is cardiff fans we should have kept the same as ninian park