Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:51 pm

Next Saturday we got QPR away. QPR have not been defeated at home this season. Cardiff fans moan that teams with bad records always set their records straight at Cardiff. All the doom and gloom on the messageboard and yet if we win Saturday we return to the top of the league to end that nightmare month we all hate ..November.

I believe saturday will test our teams strength and morale. Also as most of you know i am a massive fan of Dave Jones HOWEVER, he cannot play down this game next week as "JUST 3 POINTS". I feel this is a massive game for us as we have not beaten one of the big ones this season ie Forest/QPR/Swansea...We need to win this to send a message to not only our fans but the whole division.

I believe we can do it. Craig Bellamy needs to step up. His shot at goal in the first 10 minutes against forest was SHOCKING and the welsh rugby team would have been proud. To be fair to Chris Gunter he took Bellamy out of the match which is embarrassing for a premier league/champions league player. Bellamy has been kept quiet and when asked to deliver with glorious oportunities he has MESSED UP- SIMPLE...We can all go on about how hes a massive signing etc but Chris Burke/Jay Bothroyd are by far our biggest players at the club. Bellamy needs to return to his old form as he admitted today. Do it fast craig otherwise your just a normal championship player like most of the others in the team. Dont get me wrong i love craig, but he has been so frustrating in our big games where we need him the most.

Darcy Blake is having a shocker at the moment and has cost us several goals so far this season. Sort it out Darcy.

Its easy to blame the manager but some players in the team are just not performing and making stupid errors.

I have to admire Terry Burton with his response to the media after the forest game, he was polite and said it straight. I got alot of admiration for Terry.

Next Saturday is massive for us. Lets go there and burst warnock and QPRS bubble and silence their embarrassing stadium.

Keep the faith

Re: BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:53 pm

ccfcdor wrote:Next Saturday we got QPR away. QPR have not been defeated at home this season. Cardiff fans moan that teams with bad records always set their records straight at Cardiff. All the doom and gloom on the messageboard and yet if we win Saturday we return to the top of the league to end that nightmare month we all hate ..November.

I believe saturday will test our teams strength and morale. Also as most of you know i am a massive fan of Dave Jones HOWEVER, he cannot play down this game next week as "JUST 3 POINTS". I feel this is a massive game for us as we have not beaten one of the big ones this season ie Forest/QPR/Swansea...We need to win this to send a message to not only our fans but the whole division.

I believe we can do it. Craig Bellamy needs to step up. His shot at goal in the first 10 minutes against forest was SHOCKING and the welsh rugby team would have been proud. To be fair to Chris Gunter he took Bellamy out of the match which is embarrassing for a premier league/champions league player. Bellamy has been kept quiet and when asked to deliver with glorious oportunities he has MESSED UP- SIMPLE...We can all go on about how hes a massive signing etc but Chris Burke/Jay Bothroyd are by far our biggest players at the club. Bellamy needs to return to his old form as he admitted today. Do it fast craig otherwise your just a normal championship player like most of the others in the team. Dont get me wrong i love craig, but he has been so frustrating in our big games where we need him the most.

Darcy Blake is having a shocker at the moment and has cost us several goals so far this season. Sort it out Darcy.

Its easy to blame the manager but some players in the team are just not performing and making stupid errors.

I have to admire Terry Burton with his response to the media after the forest game, he was polite and said it straight. I got alot of admiration for Terry.

Next Saturday is massive for us. Lets go there and burst warnock and QPRS bubble and silence their embarrassing stadium.

Keep the faith

good post :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:57 pm

ccfcdor wrote:Next Saturday we got QPR away. QPR have not been defeated at home this season. Cardiff fans moan that teams with bad records always set their records straight at Cardiff. All the doom and gloom on the messageboard and yet if we win Saturday we return to the top of the league to end that nightmare month we all hate ..November.

Keep the faith

we beat norwich who were 3rd at the time. but other than that good post

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:59 pm

you cant call norwich a big game or one of the big ones. What i mean by big ones are the ones who will be challenging for automatic and guaranteed play off places. Norwich are sliding

Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:06 pm

Nearly every game for the past two months has been the biggest game of the season and "must win". People need to chill and stop adding the pressure and it will help the team progress

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:16 am

Keep the faith

Interesting post! I don't think we will win promotion by winning the "Big games" - I think we will do it my amassing enough points from all the other games. QPR might be unbeaten but they are drawing too many games. They will have a run of defeats at some stage in the season. Even with yet another crap November, we are still second. If only DJ could have sorted November out - we would be coasting!