Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Am I alone in thinking...

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:18 pm

...we didnt actually play that badly yesterday?

I am not DJs biggest fan or his biggest hater, however we created enough possession in good areas & subsequent chances to get at least draw out of that game against a well drilled and very well set up Forest side.

Two key aspects that had a direct bearing on the game in my opinion was the massive performance from Morgan at the back for Forest and DJs decision making in terms of how he managed the width of the team - Chops being substituted at half time to enable us to go to 4-4-2: Do we read anymore into that? Considering recent developments on his international ambitions, and more importantly the games he may miss in a crucial part of the season.

Going 4-4-2 was fair enough and hats off to DJ for trying to manipulate the course of the game, but asking Koumas to play on the left basically ensured we remained as narrow as we were in the first half - with the only difference being we substituted one of the Championships main goal threats for a holding centre midfielder with very little recent game action.
We were crying out for the full backs to get forward and press Forest to apply the width but Kev was in his worser position in the backline (imo) and never really got going. Darcy had a go but thats not his game.

All things considered, if Jay put away his glorious chances it could well have been a completely different game as we dont know how well Forests system would of held up if they went behind etc, however if my Aunty had a knob she'd be my uncle..

Slightly more positive spin on yesterday, and I do think we'll go to QPR and get a win...any thoughts?

Re: Am I alone in thinking...

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:19 pm

i think we more suited to play away than home.

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:25 pm

i thought when forest went 1 nil up they shut up shop in the middle of the park and kept everything tight . a Sjoke city type performance . so many fouls that broke up any type of good open play .

22 fouls to 9 in favour of forest . what a bunch of cloggers !!

they came to spoil and succedded

billy davies = tony pullis :(

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:15 am

CastletownBlue wrote:...we didnt actually play that badly yesterday?

I am not DJs biggest fan or his biggest hater, however we created enough possession in good areas & subsequent chances to get at least draw out of that game against a well drilled and very well set up Forest side.

Two key aspects that had a direct bearing on the game in my opinion was the massive performance from Morgan at the back for Forest and DJs decision making in terms of how he managed the width of the team - Chops being substituted at half time to enable us to go to 4-4-2: Do we read anymore into that? Considering recent developments on his international ambitions, and more importantly the games he may miss in a crucial part of the season.

Going 4-4-2 was fair enough and hats off to DJ for trying to manipulate the course of the game, but asking Koumas to play on the left basically ensured we remained as narrow as we were in the first half - with the only difference being we substituted one of the Championships main goal threats for a holding centre midfielder with very little recent game action.
We were crying out for the full backs to get forward and press Forest to apply the width but Kev was in his worser position in the backline (imo) and never really got going. Darcy had a go but thats not his game.

All things considered, if Jay put away his glorious chances it could well have been a completely different game as we dont know how well Forests system would of held up if they went behind etc, however if my Aunty had a knob she'd be my uncle..

Slightly more positive spin on yesterday, and I do think we'll go to QPR and get a win...any thoughts?

We certainly weren't the poorer team other than in front of goal even though we didn't quite reach our usual standards. A goal from Jay in the first half might have made it a completely different outcome.

In fairness, McGugan took his goal very well and it played into Forest's game plan. They were able to frustrate us into a long-ball game, which we don't do well. Too many high balls wich their massive defence banged back with interest....

Has anyone noticed the incrdible way that more balls find opposition feet at the moment than ours....regardless of who they bounce off???

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: