Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Question for posters who sit in 117

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:36 pm

From about the entrance up - do the stewards actively try to make you sit down, and if so do they succeed?

Just curious :ayatollah:

Re: Question for posters who sit in 117

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:38 pm

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:From about the entrance up - do the stewards actively try to make you sit down, and if so do they succeed?

They Succeed with about 80% of the Fans Standing up, then everyone Sings Stand up if you hate Swansea and then they give up for 10 mins,then it starts all over again :lol:
But they are winning :cry: due to the new type of fan :cry:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:44 pm

I normally sit in the canton but for the forest game i sat in the bottom section of 117 & i stood up & started singing "stand up if you hate swansea" & the blonde steward came over to me & told me to sit down & stop singing & when i laughed she called 3 more stewards(male) over to tell me the same or they'll throw me out!! :twisted:
how the f**k are we suppose to get any banter going when this happens, it really pissed me off.
i was affriad to go for a piss just incase they threw me out for standing up. :(
i will be returning to the canton where i normally get the stewards laughing with my banter with the away keepers. :ayatollah:

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:11 pm

this is the problem not the supporters at the new ground but the club making security do this, supporters are afraid to get a banning order.

If complaints about people standing then fair enough but security just go in and threatning to ban anyone who stands. bloody daft

Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:40 pm

1927Bluebirds1927 wrote:I normally sit in the canton but for the forest game i sat in the bottom section of 117 & i stood up & started singing "stand up if you hate swansea" & the blonde steward came over to me & told me to sit down & stop singing & when i laughed she called 3 more stewards(male) over to tell me the same or they'll throw me out!! :twisted:
how the f**k are we suppose to get any banter going when this happens, it really pissed me off.
i was affriad to go for a piss just incase they threw me out for standing up. :(
i will be returning to the canton where i normally get the stewards laughing with my banter with the away keepers. :ayatollah:

Same exact thing happened to me a few times yesterday. We brought along my mother yesterday (would put some of our fans to shame) and blonde one accused me of blocking her view. Wasn't too happy when she said that she wanted to stand too. Then threatened to get the steward supervisor (whatever he is) with glasses and black hair over. :evil:

I only made this thread because I also asked her was she going to ask anyone else to sit down, and she said 'we'll start at the front'. Why do they think they can get away with only doing so much, they should just leave it. Being made to feel like away fans in our own ground - saying that, we'd get treated better some places.

Annis, some of us kept trying to get it going down the front yesterday, standing, singing etc. Other people were trying more than usual. I really thought we had it sorted. The stewards are killing any chance of it, they seem to get more rude and threatening every match.

Is there any need to have so many what I assume are 'senior' stewards infront of our block for so long...I mean they stand in the way of the match, that's another reason to stand. I know for a fact yesterday no one was complaining about the standing in our block, because were annoyed at being made to sit. But as Rambill rightly says, people on the peripheral of our support want to make noise and stand, but don't want to be thrown out.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:09 am

tylerdurdenisabluebird wrote:From about the entrance up - do the stewards actively try to make you sit down, and if so do they succeed?

They mainly try from the front....where the one usual prick (you know who you are if you use this site and a hint is that you weren't there for the Forest game) remonstrates that he is being picked on because no-one else is sitting down!!

Well Mr First-to-the bar-and-last back-at-half-time-leaving-your-kids-to-fend-for-themselves, it might just be that if YOU sat down in the first place instead of jumping up on the barrier with a vitriolic torrent of abuse towards EVERY player (Gunter is acceptable :lol: ) that comes to the touchline then everyone behind you might just be ABLE to sit down instead of having their view obstructed by YOU, you fecking imbicile. Everyone at the game is laughing at you, fool....not WITH you!!

Sorry to everyone else on here. I would sincerely hope the guy is not a member of this worthwhile site. You have to see/hear the stupidity of the man to understand others (including my obvious) frustrations....

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:36 am

Sven Ghali wrote:

They mainly try from the front....where the one usual prick (you know who you are if you use this site and a hint is that you weren't there for the Forest game) remonstrates that he is being picked on because no-one else is sitting down!!

Well Mr First-to-the bar-and-last back-at-half-time-leaving-your-kids-to-fend-for-themselves, it might just be that if YOU sat down in the first place instead of jumping up on the barrier with a vitriolic torrent of abuse towards EVERY player (Gunter is acceptable :lol: ) that comes to the touchline then everyone behind you might just be ABLE to sit down instead of having their view obstructed by YOU, you fecking imbicile. Everyone at the game is laughing at you, fool....not WITH you!!

Sorry to everyone else on here. I would sincerely hope the guy is not a member of this worthwhile site. You have to see/hear the stupidity of the man to understand others (including my obvious) frustrations....

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

you sound like A right barrel of f*cking laughs :roll:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:52 am

jinks/cwm wrote:
Sven Ghali wrote:

What's that got to do with anything?

"jumping up on the barrier with a vitriolic torrent of abuse towards EVERY player " isn't supporting Cardiff City FC is it? Which is what everybody on this messageboard wants our fans to do, including me!

Sing up and support the boys. :ayatollah:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:44 pm

jinks/cwm wrote:
Sven Ghali wrote:

Actually, and given that YOU don't know me I'm not overly concerned with your childish comment, this post (for which I have apologised to genuine fans) was borne out of pure frustration at how ONE person can feck it up for many...

Trust me, I have a sense of humour better than most (and defo more than YOU) otherwise I wouldn't have been supporting the Bluebirds as long as I have....so butt out of what doesn't concern YOU directly!!

Question: How many Swansea fans does it take to change a light bulb?? Answer: Erm, what's a light bulb....??

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:52 pm

you sound like A right barrel of f*cking laughs :roll:[/quote]

What's that got to do with anything?

"jumping up on the barrier with a vitriolic torrent of abuse towards EVERY player " isn't supporting Cardiff City FC is it? Which is what everybody on this messageboard wants our fans to do, including me!

Sing up and support the boys. :ayatollah:[/quote]

Thanks for the comment, Dave. It really is just the ONE individual (his brother/mate is actually ok). I feel sorry for the guy's kids. What a role model....not!!!!

It really is about getting behind OUR team and singing our hearts out....but there HAS to be a limit to the abuse dished out.

Regular visits to his seat by the stewards says it all. Perhaps it's time they moved him back out of the way....but I wouldn't wish that on the guys at the back!! ;)

Cheers :)

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:56 pm

I sit/stand in row X of block 117. The majority of people around me sit down, therefore I stand out quite clearly to the stewards who then threaten to eject me and others around who stand up. Only for the Millwall, Bristol City and Swansea matches have the majority of the people stood for the whole game.

The problem is that a few of us try and get some songs foing, but due to the lack of numbers joining in it quickly fades. Considering we are very close to the away fans this is very dissapointing.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:28 pm

Canton end. I havent sat in my seat once in two years.

Hang on question was for posters in 117
I'll mind my own fookin business.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:43 pm

That's a great idea about a singing section in 117. :ayatollah:
Swap the Canton and Family Stand & have a singing section for block 117 !!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:17 am

I sit 117, end of the row, half way up.. The stewards do tell us to sit but we get up again, when we are told to sit,,the visitors start laughing at us, and then comes the usual,,sit down and behave ,, and shhhh etc and to be honest,,its bloomin embarrassing,,I think everybody around me wants to stand, well, if they dont like it and have st they should have learnt by now and should move,
But what really annoys me , is when extra tickets are sold, Im no longer on the end, and next to me, are people who, turn up every couple of months with a flask of tea and bag of sandwiches....and kids,,, when we are joined by these people,,,we are constantly told to sit as these people dont stand, dont sing, dont actually do anything, just sit there,,,
They really are not the kind of people who should be sitting next to the visitors

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:40 pm

Totally agree mate :ayatollah: I sit 6 rows from the front and a few people stand up but not enough for the stewards to turn a blind eye to . Next match I think we should all stand because I doubt there will be any plastics and let's create an atmosphere :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:27 pm

To The Tune Of Brick In The Wall

WE DONT NEED NO Health and SAFTY
WE DONT NEED NO CROWD CONTROL
NO SMART ARSE COMMENTS FROM A DICKHEAD
HA! STEWARD LEAVE OUR FANS ALONE.
ALL IN ALL YOUR JUST ANOTHER PRICK ,WITH NO BALLS

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:14 pm

We'll have to keep singing 'stand up if you hate swansea' I guess hah :(

These stewards are killing another part of our clubs unique personality :x

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:16 pm

welshcitydragon wrote:To The Tune Of Brick In The Wall

WE DONT NEED NO Health and SAFTY
WE DONT NEED NO CROWD CONTROL
NO SMART ARSE COMMENTS FROM A DICKHEAD
HA! STEWARD LEAVE OUR FANS ALONE.

Haha I bloody love that!

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:59 pm

So is 117 the section nearest the away fans?

Is this the section that the proposed singing aamb forum en mass gathering is proposed to be when the season tickets are up for renewal?

Sounds like a load of hassle I could do without, only twice I have sat in my seat in the Canton in 2 seasons, once was after I leapt 8 rows for Chops winner against the Jacks and hurt my side :oops: :hello1: and secondly after a bit too much pre match debauchery against the Worzels :occasion5: :shaking2:
The congregation (it it is in 117) if it happens should deffo happen in the Canton judging by these comments :ayatollah: